No announcement yet.

What are you doing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If my memory is still working properly I think the "crate" reference goes back to the original Lee Child forum. On there, as on here, there were several sections some dealing with books/authors and one for "anything goes". I cannot remember what it was called but new members would be invited to "pull up a crate and join in the conversation"

Perhaps someone else from back then can remember. Dot?? Deanie?? Mo?? Do you go back that far, Dan?? I'm thinking around 2007 or 8

Comment

• We didn't sit in chairs on the original forum. We pulled up a crate to sit on. I made/sewed all the cushions for the crates. :-)

Comment

• That's right, Deanie - its all coming back to me now.

Comment

• Awww y’all I came in later... thanks for the info

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by YB View Post
            Do you go back that far, Dan??
            I wasn't part of the original crew, but I did come along when crates were still being used. I had a Deanie-sewed cushion and everything. That was back when Lee used to come on rather frequently and post with us.
            sigpic The rules are: There ain't no rules.

Comment

• Originally posted by 4AMNTN View Post
              Dan - wow!...That was so kind of you to plunge in there & get this taken care of - it's hard & sometimes sad work.
              Don't go blaming me for something I might have to live up to. I did it because I was the appointed trustee. Plus the proceeds from selling the house got split 5 ways and my wife and I get one of those splits, so there was greed involved too.

Comment

• Honesty - ahhh how refreshing. And it's ok - mostly people that LEAVE money do it to ease the lives of those left behind. It'a an amazing heart felt thing to do.
                since Dad passed away I look around the house & think WHY do I have all this? Who's going to help me if something happens to Kevin? I can't do this by myself ... it's a consuming thought - over whelming. (sorry)

Comment

• mornin' y'all. We have thunderstorms currently. Lazy day. Today June 13th would have been my parents 60th. Mom is on her way up ... we decided to get her something ... these are "forever" roses they will last up to 3 years!
                  Attached Files

Comment

• We have just had our 39th wedding anniversary. Quiet day due to lockdown (and us being old and boring)

Comment

• 39! [emoji1319][emoji1319][emoji1319] congratulations! Time together is time well spent [emoji1309]

Comment

• Happy anniversary, YB!!

Comment

• Scanning the TV & saw the US Open??? is on. Anyone heard from Mo lately. How is she & her hubby? the move? (and her feline baby)

Comment

• Thank you Dan & Fours for the wedding anniversary wishes.

Our Covid lockdown extended for another four weeks until July 21st. A lot of unhappy people. In the UK we started a vaccination programme in late January, oldest people first. Programme going well, my grandson who is 23 is getting his first tomorrow. Everyone gets two jabs, 8-12 weeks apart.

News story one. Good News everybody, research shows that after the first jab everyone is well protected and the chance of getting a serious dose of Covid (eg to go to hospital) is very very slight.

News story two. A different expert tells us that will be a further wave when winter comes with mass hospitalisation and deaths.

Who do we believe????

I've not heard anything from Mo

Comment

• Mo is okay, not too thrilled about being in a smaller place, but good otherwise.

Comment

• Oh thanks Dan so they DID move. I hope they’re ok … think of her often.

I haven’t heard the news about the winter virus hospitalizations deaths that are to come. We’ve both been vaccinated and my mom but my sister and her husband refused to do it and they’re dentists. This whole thing has been crazy unbelievable who would’ve ever thought.
                                Y’all all take care[emoji1317][emoji1309]

Comment

Working...
                                X