Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Sentinel

Fav Author
    Child, Slaughter, Sandford, Coben, WILTSE
    Funny. I've only seen ONE Harry Potter - I had to it was a "family" trip. Only the first 2 Star Wars ... and first 2 Rocky's. I liked Timothy Dalton in the "second" Gone with the Wind called Scarlett. Now, hold your hat ... I've NEVER seen Andy Griffith. Yep never watched an episode. or The Waltons .... haaaaaa. I do remember in Speech class in 8th grade when I had to get up and talk about my favorite show & why ... it was Trapper John, MD. while everyone else was saying Saturday Night Live, Charlie's Angels, Love Boat... Then my favorites became MASH reruns & Murder She Wrote was AWESOME!
    Quickly my all time go to movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark ... CLUE, The Mummy, JAWS, Gone with the Wind,The Talented Mr. Ripley, Out of Time, Game Night, Snatched, January Man, oh there's soooo many!

Avid Reader
    Fav Author
    Lee Child, Peter James, Graham Hurley
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan M. View Post
    Daniel Craig has been my favorite Bond so far, followed by Connery. Roger Moore was too campy, sort of like the Batman TV series in the 60s. Pierce Brosnan was adequate. Never saw either Timothy Dalton version.
    Sean Connery is my favourite Bond without a doubt, probably Roger Moore & Pierce Brosnan joint second. Nothing against Daniel Craig, I think it's just that the earlier films are better than the more recent.

- - - Updated - - -

I think my favourite series would be Die Hard

Fav Author
    I would agree strictly from a LOOKING & the image that has been pushed & "implanted in my brain" about the Bond suave character.

OVER TO MOVIES:

Fav Author
    Lee Child
    Quote Originally Posted by 4AMNTN View Post
    Now, hold your hat ... I've NEVER seen Andy Griffith. Yep never watched an episode. or The Waltons
    Both of those shows are set in your "backyard"! Both are of a simpler time and simpler America. It's very interesting to watch them now and see how much has changed in regard to our current lifestyles.
    The rules are: There ain't no rules.

Avid Reader
    Fav Author
    We have been watching a series called The Brothers, originally shown on UK TV between 1972-1975. It's amazing how different things were then, cars, clothes etc

Fav Author
    yes ... when the character has to STOP to make a call - oh my - it's funny. and beepers? oh good one. We used to say why can't a beeper take in words. we would use 777 to say hi! to each other through the day ... I just wanted the beeper to be able to do " cokes " bread - just one word stuff!
    OH ha!
    Kevin's had a "car phone" since ... 1988? No one had one then - yeah a few "brick/bag phones" ... it was mounted in the truck - and it was billed thru GTE. Which later became Verizon... we've had an account THAT long. we still have it.
    Last edited by 4AMNTN; 2 Weeks Ago at 05:15 PM.

Avid Reader
    Fav Author
    Yeah, I remember a friend of mine got one in his truck, he earned his living as a haulier. I think he said it cost about 1000 pounds which was a lot of money thirty years ago. In addition making calls from them was very expensive, as was ringing them. I think the calls cost ten times as much as ringing someone on their house or office phone.

I remember ours, mid 1990's, size of a brick. Definitely struggled to get it in my pocket. Although I think the main thing about the size was the size of the battery. And of course these phones just made and received calls. Nowadays, is there anything a mobile phone CAN'T do?

Fav Author
    Yeah it was mounted ... an analog phone . We never worried about the cost IT WAS A CAR PHONE! And even after cell phones were popular this particular phone would pick up where cell phones would not - so we kept it for many years. Funny ... after 30+ we still have the SAME number

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk