The Sentinel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Sentinel

The new Reacher book is due out in October. Some books and movies have been delayed by Corona virus. Has anyone heard whether this one will be released on schedule? I have looked on the official Lee Child website but it doesn't seem to have been updated much recently. In fact it is quite bare. Is Maggie not still involved?

I've not seen anything online to suggest it will be delayed
    I haven't failed, i've merely found 10,000 reasons why it didn't work

Comment

I know some books have had their release date delayed but these are ones due out May/June time. Perhaps by October everything will be back to normal. We can only hope

Comment

Looks like it's still coming out on schedule. There seem to be a lot of mixed opinions on whether or not this transition from Lee to Andrew could be a good thing. I still can't understand the people who are bitterly clinging to the Cruise is not Reacher mantra. It's over. It's been over. It's no wonder America is so messed up right now if this is a glimpse to the typical mindset. Their minds are made up and no amount of truth and civil discourse will change them.
        sigpic The rules are: There ain't no rules.

Comment

We'll only know if Lee/Andrew make a good combo when we get the book. Having said that some of the Reacher books are better than others and if this is one of the "not so goods" then Andrew will take the blame.

Comment

Hey YB & all. I just read up on The Sentinel - I didn't know. It's taking place in Tennessee! I wonder how true to the area it will be. Pleasantville is 1 hour SW from me. Of course I am wondering of the "new style" of writing - also I'd hoped for a flashback - well, maybe next book!

Comment

I agree that we are due another pre-quel, I've always liked the ones we've had so far.

It's difficult to work out where we are going with Reacher now. The new book is co-written by Lee and his brother, will that combo continue or will the 2021 book be written by Andrew alone? If so my feeling is that pre-quels may be a thing of the past.

A slight problem is that when Lee created Reacher he gave his date of birth as 1960, this means Reacher is 60 years old later this year. How long can a man go on kicking ass before the bad guys kick back successfully?

Back in 1997 Lee could not have predicted that his character would be still going strong 23/24 books later so giving his age then was not an issue. Now it could be.

James Bond's age was never quoted, he's like Peter Pan. I always assumed he was 35-40 back in 1962 and he still is nearly 60 years later

Comment

Oh... funny good one. I've never seen a James Bond - that I remember ... my parents took us to the Drive-In when we were little & I know Bond movies were playing then. First Movie I remember was JAWS followed by Alien & It's Alive - had nightmare for 10 years .... (somewhere in there Star Wars)
                I would like a flashback it would be able to show a younger more believable Reacher & I like the "military way" he goes about things! The last few books have NOT been my favorite Reacher books. So looking forward to this one!

Comment

I'm amazed Fours, I thought everyone was familiar with James Bond. Rarely a week goes by without one being shown on one of the UK TV channels, consequently I have seen them all several times. The ones from the 60's/70's/80's I've probably seen a dozen times each.

Having said that I've never seen a Harry Potter or a Star wars or a Rocky

Comment

Daniel Craig has been my favorite Bond so far, followed by Connery. Roger Moore was too campy, sort of like the Batman TV series in the 60s. Pierce Brosnan was adequate. Never saw either Timothy Dalton version.

Comment

Funny. I've only seen ONE Harry Potter - I had to it was a "family" trip. Only the first 2 Star Wars ... and first 2 Rocky's. I liked Timothy Dalton in the "second" Gone with the Wind called Scarlett. Now, hold your hat ... I've NEVER seen Andy Griffith. Yep never watched an episode. or The Waltons .... haaaaaa. I do remember in Speech class in 8th grade when I had to get up and talk about my favorite show & why ... it was Trapper John, MD. while everyone else was saying Saturday Night Live, Charlie's Angels, Love Boat... Then my favorites became MASH reruns & Murder She Wrote was AWESOME!
                      Quickly my all time go to movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark ... CLUE, The Mummy, JAWS, Gone with the Wind,The Talented Mr. Ripley, Out of Time, Game Night, Snatched, January Man, oh there's soooo many!

Comment

Originally posted by Dan M. View Post
                        Daniel Craig has been my favorite Bond so far, followed by Connery. Roger Moore was too campy, sort of like the Batman TV series in the 60s. Pierce Brosnan was adequate. Never saw either Timothy Dalton version.
                        Sean Connery is my favourite Bond without a doubt, probably Roger Moore & Pierce Brosnan joint second. Nothing against Daniel Craig, I think it's just that the earlier films are better than the more recent.

- - - Updated - - -

I think my favourite series would be Die Hard

Comment

I would agree strictly from a LOOKING & the image that has been pushed & "implanted in my brain" about the Bond suave character.

OVER TO MOVIES:

Comment

Originally posted by 4AMNTN View Post
                            Now, hold your hat ... I've NEVER seen Andy Griffith. Yep never watched an episode. or The Waltons
                            Both of those shows are set in your "backyard"! Both are of a simpler time and simpler America. It's very interesting to watch them now and see how much has changed in regard to our current lifestyles.

Comment

We have been watching a series called The Brothers, originally shown on UK TV between 1972-1975. It's amazing how different things were then, cars, clothes etc

Comment

Working...
                              X