Server Downtime

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Server Downtime

Heads up, I run a few forums and have them on one server, sadly one of the forums was hacked and has destroyed the server operating system.

Happily, here on the book joint we are operating perfectly well and I’m taking regular back ups just in case the server actually fails.

The fix will involve shutting down the forum for a day or two.

Likely dates may be Sunday 6th or 20th October, just depends how I feel the server is performing.

Best plan would be the 6th to reduce the risk of total failure and loss.

I’ll keep you posted and we can always use the Facebook page for those that are on it.
    I haven't failed, i've merely found 10,000 reasons why it didn't work

Update, i may go ahead on Friday 4th October.
    I have a free day with no distractions and may just go ahead, upside is i will use a newer, fresher version of the software

Comment

Thanks for the heads up! AND thank you again for keeping us all together! Take care.

Comment

Ditto to what 4 said.

Comment

Yes, thanks, Gis!
          sigpic The rules are: There ain't no rules.

Comment

Am struggling to install the new forum software and database so i decided to revert to the old one until i can get some professional help
            I may close the site with no notice if i get the help i need, but, for now, we are open for business

Comment

Testing via Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks for trying to sort it, Gis, even though it hasn't been successful yet. I'm sure you will get there.

Comment

Working...
                X