Bookworm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bookworm

Hi, so as the title says I am a bookworm. I like all kinds of books but my go to is usually mystery (dead bodies, police, serial killers, kidnappers, pathology - that kind of thing).

Some of my fave authors are: Dean Koontz, Ann Rice, Kathy Reichs, Philip Pullman.

Fave book titles: Odd Thomas series, Interview with a vampire, Memoirs of a Geisha, His dark materials Trilogy, Fearless Series

As a nerd I like to talk about books so if you do as well say hi?!

What’s your fave book right now and why?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello devilyn21, nice to see a new member, people on here came by way of firstly following Lee Child's character Jack Reacher but they also have many other favourite writers, I like mysteries but not lots of gore and just now am reading lots of fiction around the 1930-1940 era, mostly about WWll, but have a look around and you'll find different ideas as to favourite writers, books, etc.

Comment

Welcome d21. As Mo says look around and you will pick up lots of tips. I joined the original (and now defunct) Lee Child Forum some 12 years ago before moving to here and since then have picked up lots of tips for new authors to try. My current favourites in addition to Lee Child include Peter James, Peter Robinson, Graham Hurley plus others

Comment

Hey! From the southern US! I too like medical forensic thrillers w/ FBI, CIA. My favorite is David Wiltse. His Beck series - only 5 books —- older books. Then the Will Trent series from Karin Slaughter (earlier Grant County )then John Sandford’s Lucas Davenport. Patricia Cornwell’s Kay Scarpetta’s books. Also Ridley Pearson’s Walt Fleming.... Jeffery Deaver Rhyme/Sachs novels (The Bone Collector)Nelson Demille’s John Corey (good for sarcastic laughs) then Janet Evanovich’s PLUM series for easy reading & funny characters. [emoji172][emoji432] welcome[emoji1309]

Comment

Welcome, devilyn! You will be assigned a crate and a cushion by Deanie if she happens to check in. Haven't seen her in a while. Maybe she's lurking. In the meantime, feel free to have some of the pizza in the refrigerator, and root beer if there's any left. Tip: don't go down in the basement, that's where we keep the Tom Cruise whiners.
          sigpic The rules are: There ain't no rules.

Comment

Love your warning about the basement Dan!

Comment

I haven't failed, i've merely found 10,000 reasons why it didn't work

Comment

Bookworm

Thanks everyone for welcoming me!

Duly noted about the basement

Comment

Bookworm

nice poster .... I have cats too!
                  Last edited by 4AMNTN; 15-02-2019, 07:33 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X