No announcement yet.

Past Tense - ***SPOILERS***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finished a few days ago...I thought it progressed nicely. However, I guessed both "mysteries" about halfway through. Criminal Minds episode is why I new what was going to be happening to Patty and Shorty.
    About his father...the description of the boys by the birdwatcher gave it away.

Comment

Originally posted by Meg View Post
      However, I guessed both "mysteries" about halfway through. Criminal Minds episode is why I new what was going to be happening to Patty and Shorty.
      Same here, only the classic short story "The Most Dangerous Game" was the first thing I thought of. After that, "The Hunger Games" was what I thought of. I would've liked to see a more extended version of Reacher sneaking around wreaking havoc on the hunters in the woods, more like THG, but I was satisfied. I hope we get something more detailed on Stan in future writings though, or even some of these evil Reachers.

Stephen Hunter has his Bob Lee Swagger and Earl (Bob Lee's father) Swagger series, but he also has a semi-standalone book following the fate of an illegitimate son of Earl. Kind of a anti-Bob Lee story, titled "Dirty White Boys." Very well written, but this son, Lamar Pye, is a tragic character. Won't say more than that, but if you like the Swaggers, this one shouldn't be missed.

Originally posted by Meg View Post
      About his father...the description of the boys by the birdwatcher gave it away.
      Yeah, there was about a half second of "Wait...what?" then on to reversed IDs.
      Last edited by Dan M.; 16-01-2019, 08:21 PM.
      sigpic The rules are: There ain't no rules.

Comment

You two, Meg & Dan are cleverer than me. I didn't work it out

Comment

Has anyone else besides me not read Past Tense?

Comment

Working...
          X