Question re crime in Chicago

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question re crime in Chicago

This might be a totally of-the-wall comment and not being an American citizen so not familiar about what or what can't be done under your Constitution, if the Chicago police are overburdened by the amount of violence, maybe between rival gangs, could they not bring in the National Guard to help combat the problem. Sounds as though the problems in Chicago have not improved any since Al Capone's time. A footnote to the above, when Dave and I were driving across the US we got lost in Chicago and ended up in a really poor section. There was a young black man mowing his grass, he was the only person around, and we asked for help, couldn't have been nicer and really helpful, set us back in the right direction for travelling west. So maybe it's just the terrible things we hear on the news that blanks out all the things that are normal.

I think your last sentence is spot on, Mo. The media don't like good news. A bit of bad news, put your own spin on it and make it sound a lot worse than it really is

Comment

We went to Chicago 10 years ago? We'd been to NYC many times by then & I'll tell ya .. I was more worried being in Chicago than I ever was in NYC. We stayed off MI Ave, at The Drake & shopped up MI Ave. & off to Navy Pier so, in the good spots & I was STILL worried.
      It's insane what's going on. The number of people SHOT in unbelievable - - compared to the actual deaths. The news wants to report on the homicides in beautiful cities like Guanajuanto (for hype & shock?) which is like just over 300 & we have that in just this ONE city. Help others? HELP OURSELVES.

Comment

Working...
      X