X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have I shared my BLT dip recipe?
    8oz Hellmann's (mayo)
    8oz sour cream
    fresh diced tomato (u can use petite canned, squeeze out juice)
    8 strips cooked bacon crumbled ...
    some add cream cheese - 8oz down to "to taste" I don't care for it at all in this... no need.
    dip with Town House crackers...
    place in fridge - to set up ....
    Last edited by 4AMNTN; 08-07-2021, 07:49 PM.

Comment

Ever sit & snack on a "food" until you decide that you NEVER want to eat that again? Doritos -- I don't even want to smell them. (well for a good while anyway) haha!

Comment

Originally posted by 4AMNTN View Post
        Ever sit & snack on a "food" until you decide that you NEVER want to eat that again? Doritos -- I don't even want to smell them. (well for a good while anyway) haha!
        I've never liked fancy crisps (chips) ready salted is about my limit
        I haven't failed, i've merely found 10,000 reasons why it didn't work

Comment

big mistake - I don't/can't even smell one now. -- yuk. BUT chips are MY weakness - Kevin likes chocolate, sweets, ice cream, etc. I'm more chips ... nuts ... except the ones with the "peel"on them - I don't like peels - pickles, TOMATO, apples, cucumber etc.

Comment

It's very rare that I snack. Usually go between proper meals with only a drink. Eat around 8.30, 12.30 & 6pm

Comment

Gonna make my mom's Sock it to me cake for Thanksgiving -- also a Chess pie and Oreo marshmallow brownies! ( I was given desserts ....

Comment

Please explain the ingredients / make up of Sock it to me cake - also Chess pie

I must have led a sheltered life as I don't think I've ever had either - unless we in the UK call them by a different name

Comment

What food do you dislike and won't eat.

Southern Cheese Pie: 3 eggs
                  1 1/2c white sugar
                  1 stick (1/2 c) butter melted
                  2 T white whole milk
                  1 T self rising flour
                  1 t vanilla
                  pastry (pie) shell
                  Whisk sugar, eggs,- add melted butter, flour, milk, vanilla whisk well until blended — Pour into shell BAKE 350 for 45-50 minutes — check your edges may have to foil over them at 40??? Custer should be set take out & let completely cool.

I looked up the origins of this pie and it was said that's it's SOUTHERN - and when it was served someone asked "what type of pie is this" and the response was "just pie" and in a lazy southern drawl it sounded like "chess pie"

Sock-it-to-Me cake: 1 8oz butter cake mix
                  1 cup sour cream
                  1/3 vegetable oil
                  2 t ground cinnamon
                  2 T brown sugar
                  1 cup chopped pecans.
                  (puh-kaan. haha)

1/4 cup white sugar
                  1 cup confectioner's sugar (powdered sugar)
                  2 T whole white milk
                  4 eggs
                  1/4 cup water
                  ****** mix 2 T of cake mix, cinnamon, brown sugar and pecans SET ASIDE
                  in a large bowl blend cake mix, sour cream, oil water, eggs & sugar. Beat on high for 2 minutes. Pour 2/3 of batter in a GREASED & FLOUED BUNDT CAKE PAN. Sprinkle the mixture you SET ASIDE evenly around top of batter. Pour the remaining batter spread evenly.
                  Bake at 375 for 45-55 minutes COOL for 25 minutes
                  to make glaze: Blend your confectioner's sugar & milk - drizzle over AFTER you've cooled & flipped your cake

story of the Sock-it-to-me- cake .... it's so good that it means "LAY IT ON ME".... sock it to me!
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by 4AMNTN; 20-11-2021, 07:52 PM.

Comment

Thank you Fours. I was right, I've not had either

Comment

Did I ever tell y'all my mom makes the BEST: potato salad, green beans, Mac & cheese, slaw, corn light bread, roast, Watergate salad.... oh my yummy!

Comment

Always ALWAYS looking for good Mac n Cheese! What is special about your Mom's, 4?
                        sigpic The rules are: There ain't no rules.

Comment

I'll ask her ...I'm sure she'll make it this Sunday! I know she'll buy a chunk of cheese at the deli & grate it - milk & of course the noodles. secret ingredient is ... love -- HA!

Comment

MAC & CHEESE by Gerry. Buy Land o Lakes cheese by the chunk in the deli (Wal Mart, Kroger) melt add milk, a little butter & cooked elbow macaroni, blend & EAT! I'm not sure of the measurements because it's such a varied attendance. -- enjoy

Comment

I may have brought this up before .... have y'all tried Cokes Made in Mexico? They're in the tall glass bottles like back in the 70's. OH my gosh if you se one - buy one! Again they're the TALL bottles & usually there's a white paper label saying Cokes de Mexico. yummy - the sugar isn't regulated like here - straight sugar cane

Comment

Had some salty tasting water up in Michigan..... they said it must be the softener --- thence home and bought a case of Deer Park water (cause my brand was sold out) and YUK! this is the "slimiest" water -- oh yuk. I'll wait 'til Publix gets their supply back

Comment

Working...
                                X