What food do you dislike and won't eat.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doesn't look like you will be able to buy Marmite, Mo.. Info from Wikipedia

Marmite is a food spread made from yeast extract invented by German scientist Justus von Liebig and originally made in the United Kingdom. It is a by-product of beer brewing and is produced by Dutch-British company Unilever. Other similar products include the Australian Vegemite

On 24 January 2014, the Canadian Food Inspection Agency was noted, in a Canadian Broadcasting Corporation story, as preparing to stop the sale of Marmite, as well as Vegemite and Ovaltine, in Canada because they were enriched with vitamins and minerals which were not listed by Canadian food regulations. The agency said the products were not a health hazard.[35] The CFIA later specified that these specific items had been seized because they were not the versions that are formulated for sale in Canada and which satisfied all Canadian food regulations. Canadian versions of Marmite and the other products would still be permitted to be sold in Canada.

Comment

wow thanks for the info YB - tho I'm not Mo or in CA.....

Anyone have a great meatloaf recipe? I'll trade for a GREAT margarita recipe !!! ha! We have tried EVERY(well a lot) meatloaf recipes I can find -homemade or package - tips off the internet - family tips - UGH!

Comment

I think you can buy it Fours, although perhaps not in the big stores. More likely in the smaller, family owned shops

Comment

OFF topic kinda??? I have fallen in love with the easiest "cobbler" recipe it's called Cupa cupa cupa....
          1 cup of sugar
          1cup of SR flour
          1cup of milk
          1 cup of your choice of fruit (juices included)
          set oven to 350 & let a stick of butter melt & sizzle turning slightly brown then take out - add ingredients ... place back in oven &
          bake 350 for 50 minutes ( I foil it 10 minutes before)

easy & good. oh! vanilla ice cream!

Comment

Originally posted by 4AMNTN View Post
            OFF topic kinda??? I have fallen in love with the easiest "cobbler" recipe it's called Cupa cupa cupa....
            1 cup of sugar
            1cup of SR flour
            1cup of milk
            1 cup of your choice of fruit (juices included)
            set oven to 350 & let a stick of butter melt & sizzle turning slightly brown then take out - add ingredients ... place back in oven &
            bake 350 for 50 minutes ( I foil it 10 minutes before)

easy & good. oh! vanilla ice cream!
            We make this recipe too! YUM!
            sigpic The rules are: There ain't no rules.

Comment

oh hey!

Comment

You ok 4a?

Comment

Originally posted by Dan M. View Post
                  We make this recipe too! YUM!

So do I!

Comment

Never tried it but it sounds good

Comment

anyone out there have a pumpkin recipe they swear by? Im in the mood for something pumpkin & REALLY good.... side of vanilla bean ice cream? mmmmmmm

Comment

I make pumpkin soup...delicious!!! My mom would make a pumpkin roll. I have the recipe but never made it...thinking it won't be the same if she doesn't make it. Does it always taste better when mama makes it!?!?

Comment

Hi, Meg. Nice to see you. Yes, I think it does taste better when Mama makes it.

Comment

Never tried it or heard of it! I'll look it up. BUT he had a restaurant in Nashville "Houstons" ... it had the best Artichoke soup ... oh my gosh & I can't find a replica anywhere....

Comment

Who had a restaurant in Nashville, 4A? I think I missed something somewhere. :-)

Comment

Sorry Deanie that should have read WE ... there are restaurants in other states too - the HillStone and BrickTops took over in some.

Comment

Working...
                                X