0 0%
  • Realize this poll is just for fun.

5 100.00%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Rename this forum the 4AMNTNJoint

Fav Author
    Lee Child
    Quote Originally Posted by 4AMNTN View Post
    Going to Michigan again this weekend for the week - my mom has been there for these last two. She’s had 5 ECT treatments out of a suggested 10. I am not as hopeful as I once was.
    Sorry to hear that, 4. That's hard.
    The rules are: There ain't no rules.

Avid Reader
    Fav Author
    Lee Child, Peter James, Graham Hurley
    Fingers crossed that you see some improvements soon, Fours

Fav Author
    Child, Slaughter, Sandford, Coben, WILTSE
    Well. it was not a good trip. Not only is she not improving now she has short-term-memory loss from the ECT (which is expected) ***. she picked me up at the airport - when I got in she pulled out onto the airport loop exit lanes & stop in the middle of traffic & said "I don't know where to go - don't know what I'm doing" ... THAT sums up my whole visit. She stays in bed won't shower EATS and repeats/states/questions "I need a job - I have to have a job". We did paperwork all week - for LTD ... verifying medications, appointments.... I told the Dr. about her driving question - He told her not to be driving!!! OH REALLY!!! That was Wednesday. So Wednesday evening I scramble to get a ride to the airport she lives 1 hour N of DTW. Uber does NOT service out that far ... YEP - a service car for 1 hour ... you can imagine the cost!
    Keep in mind I don't get out - don't really do ANYTHING without Kevin so this flying being in a another state, driving to Cincinnati by myself, eating alone, ordering a CAR! - ... this is/was scary - sounds silly but I was terribly uncomfortable & ... IT WAS THE MOST PLEASANT DRIVE / driver / conversation - - - how about THAT I DID IT!
    I am terribly sad - I actually ache - I don't know what else to do for her - and I live in TN.

Fav Author
    Child, Slaughter, Sandford, Coben, WILTSE
    Ahhhh hell Dan Iíve done it again ! Me everywhere

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fav Author
    Lee Child
    Quote Originally Posted by 4AMNTN View Post
    Ahhhh hell Dan I’ve done it again ! Me everywhere

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It's fine, 4, it's not like any of us were posting while you were gone. I'm so proud of you for getting through that! I'm sorry it was so stressful for you. It's a tough season, I know. It sounds like you are definitely the family rock. I wish your other siblings would step up. But I'm glad you had a good ride with somebody!
    The rules are: There ain't no rules.