X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry to hear about this Fours. Hope things soon improve for you

Comment

Originally posted by 4AMNTN View Post
      I left last Saturday & today you wouldn’t believe the sad texts that she has sent me so I bought a ticket to go back up again Wednesday and stay through next Saturday I really don’t know what we’re gonna do ... this is so sad[emoji22]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Wow, no let up. At some point you'll need to take care of yourself. You'll need to put the guilt aside for a bit to do so. Don't wait too long.
      sigpic The rules are: There ain't no rules.

Comment

Went back to check on older texts 4A as did not know what was wrong, so sorry to read about your sister 4A. Hope that something positive can be done for her, good thoughts and prayers to you and all your family. ��

Comment

Good morning. This trip was kind of an eye opener. She's getting the "old" sister back a little - at times funny - can talk about OTHER things - but still has her "obsesses" & "worries". I have figured out: she WILL NOT or is NOT GOING to help herself. Doctors, therapist, medications, family support ... yes: she'll take it BUT will do nothing else. And still complains. Next is ECT and she's willing to do that IMO - because it's yet again something SHE doesn't not have to do. Needless to say this has put a strain on the family? Between disagreements & opinions & things said that you can't take back, etc.....it's a big deal we ALL live differently in different states and we look at this differently at times. I AM THE SUCKER - so I fret about it 24/7. Also I don't work ... it's been suggested (and said) that I'm the one with the "time". My mom has "been there" plenty - but she goes at it differently; the silent treatment is not nice but that's how SHE handles things. My oldest sister has been up to MI twice & helped out a lot but will no longer be "hands on". I have another ticket for the end of the month - TMI? too late! ha!
          I appreciate all your thought prayers & concerns it means a lot! Thank you - & I'll not mention it again .... well, until there is something to report (ECT treatment, next visit up)

Comment

Next is ECT and she's willing to do that
            What's ECT? Electroconvulsive therapy?

Comment

Rename this forum the 4AMNTNJoint

Originally posted by Dan M. View Post
              Yes. Sadly yes.
              Last edited by 4AMNTN; 05-09-2020, 01:24 AM.

Comment

Rename this forum the 4AMNTNJoint

Originally posted by Dan M. View Post
                Yes. Sadly yes. I guess it’s ok .... for those who really need it ... not the scary 70’s movies we think of .BUT she isn’t telling the FULL truth to her therapist & Psychologist so HOW can they know the truth? im afraid she needs a 7/8 “volt” but because she pretends all is ok it’ll be a 1-2. -see? NO she’s not bad enough to be in an INPATIENT & she WILL NOT help herself to function on her own.
                Sorry .... I don’t know what else to do/say ... AGAIN i think she’s choosing ECT cause it’s quick & she doesn’t have to try THEN she can say SEE it didn’t work ALL THE WHILE she’s NOT telling the TRUTH. .. see? [emoji22] ***had to delete a lot of this

Last edited by 4AMNTN; 02-09-2020, 12:59 PM.

Comment

You are having a difficult time 4A, hope the situation changes for the better soon.

Comment

My sister will admit herself Monday for a series of ECT treatments ... we’ll know more Friday - over the weekend. My mom will be up there then I go back at the end of the month. [emoji1317][emoji1317][emoji1317]

Comment

Going to Michigan again this weekend for the week - my mom has been there for these last two. She’s had 5 ECT treatments out of a suggested 10. I am not as hopeful as I once was.

Comment

Going to Michigan again this weekend for the week - my mom has been there for these last two. She’s had 5 ECT treatments out of a suggested 10. I am not as hopeful as I once was.
                        Sorry to hear that, 4. That's hard.

Comment

Fingers crossed that you see some improvements soon, Fours

Comment

Well. it was not a good trip. Not only is she not improving now she has short-term-memory loss from the ECT (which is expected) ***. she picked me up at the airport - when I got in she pulled out onto the airport loop exit lanes & stop in the middle of traffic & said "I don't know where to go - don't know what I'm doing" ... THAT sums up my whole visit. She stays in bed won't shower EATS and repeats/states/questions "I need a job - I have to have a job". We did paperwork all week - for LTD ... verifying medications, appointments.... I told the Dr. about her driving question - He told her not to be driving!!! OH REALLY!!! That was Wednesday. So Wednesday evening I scramble to get a ride to the airport she lives 1 hour N of DTW. Uber does NOT service out that far ... YEP - a service car for 1 hour ... you can imagine the cost!
                            Keep in mind I don't get out - don't really do ANYTHING without Kevin so this flying being in a another state, driving to Cincinnati by myself, eating alone, ordering a CAR! - ... this is/was scary - sounds silly but I was terribly uncomfortable & ... IT WAS THE MOST PLEASANT DRIVE / driver / conversation - - - how about THAT I DID IT!
                            I am terribly sad - I actually ache - I don't know what else to do for her - and I live in TN.

Comment

Ahhhh hell Dan I’ve done it again ! Me everywhere [emoji849]

Comment

Ahhhh hell Dan I’ve done it again ! Me everywhere [emoji849]

It's fine, 4, it's not like any of us were posting while you were gone. I'm so proud of you for getting through that! I'm sorry it was so stressful for you. It's a tough season, I know. It sounds like you are definitely the family rock. I wish your other siblings would step up. But I'm glad you had a good ride with somebody!

Comment

Working...
                                X