No announcement yet.

Not a rant, just sharing worrying news

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry 4A, but I disagree, I thought Kavanaugh was an arrogant fib teller. Many people who went to school with him have come forward and said that he was a mean and beligerent drunk. He didn't sound like the kind of person who should be on the highest Court in the land, the Supreme Court is supposed to be apolitical and he was raving on about the Democrats. Do you really want a Judge who has trouble controlling his temper making life changing decisions? I watched the whole eight hours of testimony and couldn't believe that I was watching real life drama, not something put together for television. As it is right now, it is a 'he said, she said' situation unless the FBI finds anything different. Will just have to wait and see. Whatever happens it affects the US - how do you like President Trump telling his supporters that he and Kim Jung Un 'fell in love'? That's worth at least a smile. Sorry that we don't agree but I'm just an outsider looking in. No insult to you intended 4A.

Comment

Mo. No worries. I did think he was a little emotional - but I CANT IMAGINE what he & his wife/kids/parents are going through. Funny you didn't mention the disgrepancies in her testimony. She's almost laughable ... in the way things are represented. I see that some said he drank in college ... I think most of college folks do.? But this was before college ... you know I've never felt the time lines were right anyway. That's just me looking in ... I don't know of many folks that can't say ouch about something they did way back when. (not including these allegations)
      Clinton smoked pot, Obama did coke, Cory Booker assaulted someone, Sharpton won't pay taxes, Kennedy killed someone, etc....
      ---just examples I know it goes both ways ----
      I like that Trump speaks "like the people" sometimes. Then at times he's way over my head. In other words he thinks they're fine. I'd say something like that -
      Last edited by 4AMNTN; 01-10-2018, 03:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by momckee View Post
        ...but I'm just an outsider looking in.
        Not anymore, Mo! Trump has brought you in with his new NAFTA deal!
        sigpic The rules are: There ain't no rules.

Comment

Dan, the NAFTA deal is gone, now USMCA, he wanted the one deal gone and got his way by the name changed. Now USMCA.

I just hope it's a good deal for both countries, the US and Canada should be able to get along, so am pleased that an agreement has been reached.

I too feel sorry for Mrs. Kavanaugh and her children.

4A - I also feel sorry for Dr. Ford, she wanted her concern to be anonymous, but it didn't happen that way.
          Last edited by momckee; 01-10-2018, 07:12 PM.

Comment

Yes I saw about USMCA deal. I hope it’s good for all involved.
            Ford maybe got screwed by the DNC on that. ?
            It’s an odd story that doesn’t have a place front & center IMO it REALLY takes away from other sexual assaults TRUE assaults again IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Oh maybe I should have put my RANT ON THE IMMIGRATION CRISIS HERE

Comment

Oh HILS u make me laugh.
                delete delete delete [emoji2955]

Comment

The AT&T DIRECTV black out!!!!!

Comment

Just popping in to give an update. Dave not driving now, had an accident at a department store, tangled with the escalator, lots of bruises and abrasions but no head jury except he didn’t have memory of the fall so thought it better he not drive, now car less family. Son will fly here then drive the car back to Yellowknife. He will be getting an electric sidewalk scooter, shopping cart kind of vehicle, no plans to sell house at the moment. I’m feeling much better, have been walking a short distance early morning to avoid the heat. Hopefully Sheila will get licence back by October. Talk to you later.

Comment

So glad you're feeling better Mo. Sorry to hear about Dave. Hope you can adjust and work it out as to being car less.

Comment

Oh no, Maureen! Poor Dave, but it's good that he didn't bang his head up. How does he feel about not driving anymore? My mom is finally at the point where she isn't driving anymore and she confessed she had been afraid of driving for a while now. She will depend on us and others to be her wheels now. My wife is back to being comfortable driving after her knee replacement at the beginning of summer. Now if only she can get to the point where walking very much doesn't hurt! We found out she has advanced osteoporosis, which maybe explains a lot of the aches and pains she's been having in the last year or two.
                        sigpic The rules are: There ain't no rules.

Comment

You have had it rough recently, Mo. Yourself, hubby, daughter. Here's hoping the bad stuff is all behind you now

Comment

I agree with YB. I am so sorry to hear if Dave’s tumble. It’s a heavy decision to have the car taken away. Yes! I hope ur daughter is able to obtain her license & be the runner for u. It’s good to hear ur out & about each day! I was just about to start the questions up again - concerned that I haven’t heard from u on the site. [emoji1317]Wishing u & urs happier & healthy days ahead.[emoji253]
                            Plz keep us posted.

Comment

Thank you all, glad to have great forum friends, Dave is upset about not having a car but Sheila says it was time as she noticed he wasn’t as aware of other traffic. He’s away, by taxi, to check out some alternate sidewalk vehicle, hope he’s successful. Will let him get out and about in the neighbourhood. Thanks again everyone, you’re the best.❤️

Comment

Mo, it's hard to not drive, but glad Dave is looking on the bright side and getting another 'set of wheels' to get around!

Comment

Working...
                                X