Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: R.i.p

Avid Reader
    Fav Author
    Lee Child, Peter James, Graham Hurley
    RIP Gerry Marsden of Gerry and the Pacemakers - singing fame. I suppose he would before many of you people's time, back in the 60's

Avid Reader
    Fav Author
    R.I.P. Phil Spector.

I know he has been in prison for the past ten or more years for murder but going back to his earlier life when (presumably) he was good, he was the man behind lots of 1960's music including the Crystals and the Ronettes. I think he was married to Veronica from the Ronettes. He was also involved with the Righteous Brothers "You've Lost That Lovin' Feeling'. That is apparently the most played song on US radio during the 20th Century

Fav Author
    Child, Slaughter, Sandford, Coben, WILTSE
    YB: I didn't know Gerry Marsden (my mom spells her name like that too, Gerry)- had to look that up. I have heard of Brian Epstein & George Martin!!! Phil Spector - I know because of the conviction - I read that he had his hand in with the Beatles as well - later too.

Fav Author

R.i.p

Iím not sure of the guitarist for The Animals ... of course Iíd heard of them. House of the Rising Sun . My dad would play that on the guitar & sing (had a great voice) Also Running Bear Your are my sunshine-always for me. Folsom Prison Maybelline good luck charm Peggy Sue ....he wrote several too - I still have them. I was 5-6????
    He had a song that he would sing that would always make me go look to see where momma was in the house it was such a sad song ........... memories

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by 4AMNTN; 30-01-2021 at 09:04 PM.

Avid Reader
    Fav Author
    Hilton Valentine was the guitarist for the Animals, who died yesterday (29th). You are of course right about House of the Rising Sun and another famous one was We Gotta Get Outta This Place, this was sung by many kids on the last day of school

He was not probably the best known Animal, Eric Burdon was the singer with Alan Price on keyboards. Alan went on to be successful after the Animals split. They are still alive, must be nearly 80 by now. Chas Chandler died a fair few years ago, after the Animals he went on to manage Slade and Jimi Hendrix. Can't remember the other band member's name.

Fav Author
    Hal Holbrook: Creepshow Men of Honor The Firm and of course Designing Women. I just loved Dixie Carterís accent in that roll! (Ha!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fav Author
    Christopher Plummer: I remember him in National Treasure -- & I've seen his face my whole life --- oh! Most recently Knives Out.

I didn't know the Star Trek lady......

Avid Reader
    Fav Author
    I remember Christopher Plummer from Sound of Music, he must have been quite young then because that is from the 60's I think. I've never seen Star Trek so I am not familiar with actors from there

Avid Reader
    Fav Author
    The younger ones on here probably don't remember her but Mary Wilson has died. An original member of the Supremes. When many people think of the Supremes they think Diana Ross but the group had other members who were accomplished singers

Fav Author
    Supremes ... yep.

Larry Flint - well what can you say. I remember thinking growing up that Playboy was a gentlemen's magazine & Flint's was smut? - oh my!

This is my Hayla (last year) it's her thing - don't know why she lays/sits like this BUT it's cute! It's my FLINT tribute --HA!
    Attached Images Attached Images