X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do i find y'all in FB?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

4A If you join Facebook you can find me as Maureen McKee and a number of the others you know will show up on my Timeline.

Comment

Yeah I have my privacy settings so you can't friend me unless you're friends with someone I know...so friend Mo or Veronica!

Comment

You'll find me as Fiona C Young. Same picture as this one.

Comment

y'all thanks so much!!! My SIL has an account that she's put in at our store computer. I'll check it on Tues. & Thurs.

Comment

Originally posted by Deanie View Post
              Dog person here. But I'm all for loving animals whatever your preference. Brouwer, I'm sorry about Jacob. Been in that situation a couple of times myself and it was two too many times. Canines instead of felines.

Congrats on your city counsel position. It says a lot about you that you care about your town and want the best for it. Thank you for sharing the descriptions and pictures....And where did you learn to read and write such good English?
              Well, good English is a vital part of our education system. It's compulsory from 5th grade but some schools start English in Kindergarten/preschool. I think that's a little early. You get the best results when children start with English 1st grade, elementary school.

We're a small country (think Maryland,) with 17 million inhabitants. New York state is three times the size of the Netherlands! We are very dependent on international trade. In order to be successful in trade, good social networks are indispensable. So, English and other languages like French and German are the key to economic succes for us Dutch.

It's a dog eat dog world out there, people!

Comment

Brouwer, love all the information you've provided. Thank you. (love the shark too) Yes, I've often said that it would be neat to know another language. Spanish & French. tho I don't know why French, just sounds very pleasant. And too, I wish for our country to have a required study of other countries. Just a class in with the school day on how other countries are run, language, location, history, etc. Talking with people from other countries - it seems the biggest problem with us "in a nutshell" is we are ignorant of others.

Comment

Originally posted by Brouwer View Post
                  Well, good English is a vital part of our education system. It's compulsory from 5th grade but some schools start English in Kindergarten/preschool. I think that's a little early. You get the best results when children start with English 1st grade, elementary school.
                  We're a small country (think Maryland,) with 17 million inhabitants. New York state is three times the size of the Netherlands!
                  Planning ahead. Very wise of your country to implement other languages into the school system.

Well then, we could pick up the Netherlands and set her down right here in Texas and she wouldn't take up much land at all....It's just a myth that we Texans like to brag about the size of our State.

Comment

Originally posted by Deanie View Post
                    Planning ahead. Very wise of your country to implement other languages into the school system.

Well then, we could pick up the Netherlands and set her down right here in Texas and she wouldn't take up much land at all....It's just a myth that we Texans like to brag about the size of our State.
                    You have to dig a hole first, because half of my country is below sea level!

Comment

Ha! Funny Deanie![emoji177]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Brouwer View Post
                        You have to dig a hole first, because half of my country is below sea level!
                        Not a problem. We've plenty of experience at digging...all these oil wells, you know. I did it again, didn't I?

Comment

Yeah, you did it again...

BTW, what's up with the Dallas Cowboys, 1996-2016
                          Does it hurt?

(I just couldn't resist)

Comment

You must have 'googled' the Cowboys. It only hurts when I think about it, Brouwer. I'll admit we've had a bit of a dry spell. Just a tad twenty years worth. I hope my saying things are looking up this year doesn't jinx The Boys. But they are 6-1 and leading their conference after going 4-12 last year. Do they televise any American football over there? What sports are popular in the Netherlands?

I was going to ask how you knew I was a die-hard Dallas Cowboy fan, but it was a quick passing Duh, Deanie moment. My sports posts.

Comment

I knew the Cowboys did not win the Superbowl for quite a while but was surprised the year 1995 was the last time.
                              I follow both American baseball and football. One of my mates is even more fanatical, he travels to the US to see his Patriots.
                              Way back I lived for more than 15 years in Utrecht which is close to an American airbase (Soesterberg) The base had it's own AFN radio and tv station. Picking up the signal was easy, so I could listen to baseball commentary Sunday nights and watch Monday night football, believe it or not.
                              Now, in the age of satelites we have in Europe almost everything you have: Fox, CNN, ESPN, MSNBC, you name it.
                              And now...you can watch all these classic NFL games on Youtube, amazing!

1981: 49ers vs. Cowboys, NFC championship game.
                              Or maybe Cowboys vs. Dolphins, Super Bowl VI? Popcorn anyone?

Comment

No ice hockey Brouwer? One of my favourite books when I was a youngster was a book about Hans Brinker and his skating.

Comment

Working...
                                X