hello members

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by momckee View Post
    No ice hockey Brouwer? One of my favourite books when I was a youngster was a book about Hans Brinker and his skating.
    Field hockey is a big sport over here, but not the ice variety. Speed skating is our number 1 winter sport.
    Soccer, obviously, is overall the biggest sport in the Netherlands.
    And a lot of people run, swim and cycle on an individual base.

And baseball! We are the European Champions.
    One of our finest moment was beating Cuba in the final of the World Cup.

Comment

You are very good at darts also Brouwer, Michael van Gerwen, Barney, Jelle Klaasen

Comment

Brouwer, maybe there could be some baseball games arranged between your team and one of the many teams in States. The World Series just finished last night and the Chicago Cubs, who hadn't won the Series since I believe 1908, were the champions in the best of seven games, lots of excitement and that's baseball finished for the season, now ice hockey will be the big draw. Canada has the one major league baseball team, the Blue Jays, and they made it into the playoffs but didn't get to the final.

Comment

I find it ironic that the USA game of baseball is touted as the World Series when no other country plays in it
          I haven't failed, i've merely found 10,000 reasons why it didn't work

Comment

I think I read somewhere once that it was called after a newspaper at the time - could be wrong - but I read that somewhere when someone was questioning the "world" bit.

Comment

Originally posted by momckee View Post
              Brouwer, maybe there could be some baseball games arranged between your team and one of the many teams in States. The World Series just finished last night and the Chicago Cubs, who hadn't won the Series since I believe 1908, were the champions in the best of seven games, lots of excitement and that's baseball finished for the season, now ice hockey will be the big draw. Canada has the one major league baseball team, the Blue Jays, and they made it into the playoffs but didn't get to the final.
              Cubs win in my local paper.
              Attached Files

Comment

I guess the news of the exciting win crossed the Atlantic especially if baseball is popular there. Good picture Brouwer!

Comment

Mo, yup it's been since 1908...so it looks like it really is international 'news' And has everyone seen the news about Michael Lee posting under his senior picture that the Cubs would win in 2016...wonder how many people have contacted him about winning lottery numbers!
                  And Deanie I'm with you...maybe this will be the year for the 'Boys!

- - - Updated - - -

Comment

Could everyone update the calendar section for B-days? please? thanks!

Comment

Working...
                    X