No announcement yet.

Summer sports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

#19 in 7th - #17 in 9th. Leader only has 5 more check points. Our "girl" has 7.

Comment

You might as well be talking in a foreign language, Fours. I haven't a clue what this is, whether played with a ball, running/jumping, riding a bike?? Please explain

Comment

#19 in 4th today with #17 in 14th. Each have only 3 more check points just ONE behind leaders! Go Aliy!

YB: it's the Iditarod. the dog sled races held each year in March in Alaska. From one end of the state to the other - takes about 11-13 days. It's amazing & the terrain & weather are horrible. I feel so for the dogs (which I know nothing about) and the men & women that mush.
        Watch Iron Will.......or the funnier Snow Dogs.
        Last edited by 4AMNTN; 12-03-2019, 04:58 PM.

Comment

places 1 & 2 have finished! Alyi is 4th & #17 is 23rd.

Comment

So dog sled racing!!! Never heard of this before. My possibles (ball/running/bike) were a million miles out

Comment

Originally posted by YB View Post
              So dog sled racing!!! Never heard of this before. My possibles (ball/running/bike) were a million miles out
              It goes from Anchorage to Nome, a distance of roughly 1,000 miles, all within the state of Alaska, but not QUITE from one end to the other. There's a northern route and a southern route and they switch routes between even and odd years. The race is meant to spotlight the old dog sled freight system that was still being used into the 1960's. Heck, it probably is still in use in some places. There are a number of similar races, but this is the grand-daddy of them all, the Tour De France of dog sled racing.
              sigpic The rules are: There ain't no rules.

Comment

Thanks for the review Dan, knew that the race was held but wasn't aware of any of the background.

Comment

Alyi finished 4th. Way to go!

Comment

MAY 23rd.... circle it on the calendar - FIFA! '19

Comment

• Hey Gis - are you going to sort them out in Parliament and get this Brexit thing fixed? Needs some good Scottish words of wisdom to help unravel the mess from the sound of it.

Comment

• wow. just watched The Masters ... can honestly say I haven't EVER done that! 4 hours - poof - gone! Good for Tiger. I was actually rooting for Schauffele - well ....

- - - Updated - - -

yea!

Comment

• OH! RedBull Cliff diving started this weekend! Beautiful location in the Philippines.

Comment

• KY Derby this weekend! Mint Julep: 1 t. conf. sugar. 2 oz. bourbon. 2 t. water

Comment

• We picked 1. Tacitus 2. By My Standards 3. Code of Honor[emoji237][emoji237][emoji237]
                              What an odd thing to happen for the final winner. We watched the replay several times & it’s a wonder War of Wills didn’t get tripped up MORE & fall. [emoji33]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Fiona???? We just watched a special out the Australian BURNOUT weekend. "Summernats" I think they said y'all call them SKIDS? It was awesome! Not sure what city it was in ... but it looked like a big event - 3 days. Have you ever been?

Comment

Working...
                                X