Ouch!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ouch!

Am operating at less than full power as I slipped getting in to the shower two days ago. Foot slipped right across the bathtub, I crashed into the shower doors, managed to stop myself falling in with the handhold outside the shower, I wrenched my shoulder, huge bruise on my left arm, right arm out of commission although not totally, feeling very sorry for myself.

So I guess whatever finish was on the tub to prevent slippage has disappeared - going to put down decals which should fix the problem. The contractor who usually does any repairs and renovations for us said the treatments on the market are not very good and to just put down the self adhering decals.

So it was an eye opener for me as to how quickly you can get injured in the safety of your home.

Oh! Mo! I'm so sorry to hear that. I'm wishing you a speedy recovery - as you know ice the first 24 hours and then moist heat after that. ibuprofen or Tylenol as tolerated and rest. The decals are a great idea we have hibiscus [emoji259] flowers in ours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks 4A, hopefully feel a bit better each day. Getting dressed is a bit of a challenge!

Comment

oh, I bet. Slowly!

Comment

Hope you feel better soon, Maureen!
          sigpic The rules are: There ain't no rules.

Comment

Thanks Dan, no one hand handstands for a while though.

Comment

That sounds awful, Mo. Hope you are soon back to normal.

I remember Mrs YB slipped in the shower in a hotel whilst we were away for the weekend a few years ago. She was in agony for a few days but then it was 2-3 weeks before she was completely recovered.

Comment

Yep, it's a shock to the system. In addition to Tyl or IBU & rest, Mo do you have access to a muscle relaxer? Careful on the dose.

Comment

Sorry about your accident, Mo. Get well soon.

Comment

Thanks YB, and Deanie, 4A, it has been a shock I think, not as painful now but feel a bit out of sorts, not feeling too ambitious, just Xtra strength Tylenol and the heating pad for comfort on my back. Got the bath decals today, not as fancy as yours 4A, just blue flower shaped ones. As long as they work they'll be o.k. with me. That extra birthday did it.

Comment

Ouch!

Moist heat is really good Mo. but u will have to change it out more often.
                      Use a handtowel wet it squeeze out extra water place in a ziplock leave the bag open heat2 minutes (it's hot) place another hand towel around & apply OR uncooked Rice in a tube sock tie one end & heat in microwave 2 minutes (its hot!)then every minute after to re-warm.
                      Any tears to ur skin Mo? Use vitamin E oil no! Bandaids or tape! Unless it's the "no tear" skin sensitive kind
                      [emoji253][emoji253][emoji253][emoji253]

Comment

thanks 4A - just got the ice pack out of the freezer and used that - two 20 minute applications- the heating pad was for my back, chronic back problem, probably good old arthritis, or rheumatiz my aunt used to say. Need to check in to a garage for a tune up.

Comment

Ice is good for swelling. Hopefully ur past that. The moist heat will help circulation, ur aches & bruising. [emoji253]

Comment

Thanks 4A - good to have a nurse friend. ��

Comment

Hope you're doing better now Mo.

Comment

Working...
                              X