Currently Reading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Currently Reading

I am struggling through "Go Set a Watchman". I'm only about 50 pages in, and really can't make myself finish it...I keep starting other books. I've finished 3 others since starting Watchman....and all of those were good! Has anyone else read Watchman? Did you feel the same way or did you like it?

I have no interest in it Meg. Haven't read Mockingbird either. I'm reading Michael Connelly's Black Box and The Tapir's Morning Bath by Elizabeth Royte.

Comment

I saw an ad for "Go Set A Watchman" and was going to post and ask if anyone on here had read it. Thanks, Meg. Why isn't it holding your interest - if I may ask?

I don't really recall the Mockingbird movie although I'm sure I saw it. Like Fiona, I haven't read the book.

Comment

Scout is obnoxious, contentious, argumentative...like a person I would not like to know at all and it seems to jump around quite a bit which means I find it hard to follow. The lady who picked it for book club finished it & didn't like it all...another lady just started it & is enjoying it.

Comment

It doesn't sound like I'd enjoy it either. If it isn't a murder mystery, thriller, or suspense story or a certain type of fantasy it doesn't hold my interest.

Comment

It seemed to be about nothing, but again I didn't get very far before giving up on it...I've read about 6 books in the last couple weeks & just started another and all of them held my attention!

Comment

Originally posted by Deanie View Post
              It doesn't sound like I'd enjoy it either. If it isn't a murder mystery, thriller, or suspense story or a certain type of fantasy it doesn't hold my interest.
              I'm adding to the above statement because it's incomplete....I also enjoy Susan Wilson's writing. She writes standalone books and each one features a dog as a central part of the story. Modern day tales about living and loving. The protagonist often has to deal with a tragedy or heartbreak. The author is very talented at weaving the dog in and out of the main character's life in some way or the other. ~ I like dogs and like to read about them when the story is well written and well told.

Comment

I'm reading Lone Wolf by Jodi Picoult.

On a side note...went to Salvation Army (thrift store) and picked up 4 books for $0.58! Light chick-lit type books for the end of summer.

Comment

Currently reading Your Next Breath an Iris Johansen book, Ling seems to be the lead, not Eve Duncan.

Comment

Had to stop the Iris Johansen book it was boring!!
                    Reading Kill Alex Cross. I'm about 5 books behind on those![emoji433]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The Nature of the Beast, Louise Penny.

Comment

My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult

Comment

LAST WORDS by Michael Koryta
                          sigpic The rules are: There ain't no rules.

Comment

Dan, I just posted about "Last Words" in another thread. I thoroughly enjoy Michael Koryta's books.

Comment

I just downloaded this, it's waiting on my Kindle when I've finished the latest Louise Penny mystery.

Comment

Working...
                              X