PDA

View Full Version : Mr. Donald Trump

momckee
28-07-2016, 03:44 AM
I realize that politicking is a dirty business but I really do think Mr. Trump has a very nasty way of talking about people. Of course, his most important target is Hillary Clinton and the way he trash talks her is dreadful. Now I realize he wants to be President and he doesn't want her to be the President but surely if he keeps saying really nasty things don't you think that people might dislike the way he talks and decide they don't want him in the White House representing America? Anyway, that's all I want to say on this forum and I apologize to those people who think he is wonderful but maybe spare a thought or two about the man. If he says all these things in public I wonder what he says in private!

Style
28-07-2016, 01:33 PM
Bombastic, Self-Centered, Self-Absorbed, Egotistical, Sexist, Demeaning, Unprepared, Nasty...

I could go on, but you know my opinion.

Meg
28-07-2016, 03:31 PM
I haven't heard much about Gary Johnson, but so far I'm liking him best. Gun rights & knowing the laws we have are ineffectual. Government health-care is not feasible. Against Patriot Act. Reform education system. Not liking his stance on abortion and gay marriage, but so far he looks like the best choice imo.

4AMNTN
28-07-2016, 03:45 PM
:usaflag:Trump*2016:usaflag:

Dan M.
28-07-2016, 06:56 PM
I haven't heard much about Gary Johnson, but so far I'm liking him best. Gun rights & knowing the laws we have are ineffectual. Government health-care is not feasible. Against Patriot Act. Reform education system. Not liking his stance on abortion and gay marriage, but so far he looks like the best choice imo.

I like Gary Johnson too. His stance on abortion and gay marriage are similar to Hillary's, but I bet he doesn't like government funding abortions, or businesses being forced to provide services if they don't want to. I wish the press would talk about him half as much as the other two. Trump is like a 3rd grader sometimes. I don't understand why his kids or his handlers can't get him to tone things down.

Deanie
28-07-2016, 07:47 PM
Trump is like a 3rd grader sometimes. I don't understand why his kids or his handlers can't get him to tone things down.

It probably has to do with some of the attributes of the man, which Style listed.

I don't know how Trump finds time to give all his off the cuff speeches and do the FB and other social media messaging thing. He apparently spends a lot of time suing and being sued; huddling with lawyers and appearing in court.

Google - USA Today June 2, 2016
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/elections/2016/06/01/donald-trump-lawsuits-legal-battles/84995854/

Interesting article

momckee
29-07-2016, 02:28 AM
Deanie, that really is an interesting article. I wonder how a President in the White House, if he makes it that far, deals with all the law suits etc. He would hardly have any time to attend to running the country. :)

4AMNTN
29-07-2016, 03:17 PM
Anyone that is at the top of his games, has many under his employment, has amassed what DJT has will have lawsuits. Those I'm not particularly worried about. But Hillary R. Clinton has had her hands in more than a few DIRECTLY:
The Clinton Foundation (many a scandal when these words are spoken, donations for preferred "treatment". proven.
The Russian Uranium deal
Benghazi
Pardeongate, Marc Rich
lying about sniper fire , Bosnia
strong arming watchdogs prepared to put the CF on a watch list
gaps missing in federal reports on solicitation of prostitutes of her staff
wavier on sanctions for Iran
Huma receiving double paycheck (138k) of taxpayers money
Congo Oil
WHITEWATER
Chevron
refusing to put Boko Haram on a terrorist list due to CF donations
Belfast-Tenet + CF
taking donations to stay in the Lincoln Bedroom - in the millions!
Not clarifying which speeches are for CF & which are personal income
Tyson (going back to her Arkansas days)
The verbal treatment she gives her staff & those "proud" service men that protect her.
on the Today show in '98 Hillary Clinton said on the Monica thing that it was " a vast right wing conspiracy". Yeah, were ALL of them?
the fact that she's turned her head about her husband all these years & stands by him sickens me. She works money with the best of them, and LIES! She has SUCH BAD BUSINESS DEALINGS and partners herself with the wrong people.....how could she make a good president? As a WOMAN, I'd NEVER vote for her. Rice, Palin, another woman - yes. :usaflag:
And lets not forget former Pres. Clinton was impeached by the House for perjury, and obstruction of justice. '99, right???

momckee
29-07-2016, 07:39 PM
Good heavens 4A you must keep a diary about Hillary Clinton, I have not heard anything about half of these things, maybe not being in the US is the reason. And what is the Belfast-Tenet + CF thing - Tyson, the boxer - what did she have to do with him. You must be a real follower of politics. Tried to find out what CF was about and the only thing was CF 18 planes. There is obviously another meaning.

Dan M.
29-07-2016, 08:20 PM
4AM, don't worry, right now I'd vote for Trump over Hillary. Not because I like him better, but because I know what I'd get from Hillary. In CA we have experience picking a celebrity over a politician (Schwarzenegger vs. Tom McLintock when Gray Davis was recalled as CA governor). That was a disaster. Ahnold talked big, but caved when he could get the support he needed from CA legislators.

4AMNTN
29-07-2016, 08:33 PM
Sorry Mo. The CF == Clinton Foundation. Tyson is a brand of chicken here... The Tyson Co.
Most of these things we hear bits and pieces on others are full blown on the news for weeks at a time The Belfast + Teneo & The Clinton Foundation was that Bill Clinton was on the board of Teneo & The CF there were kickbacks that benefitted the CF that Bill was in on
It's an on going thing with her. I've just thrown in the very highlighted bits & pieces of a few.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

momckee
29-07-2016, 09:12 PM
Thanks 4A, things I didn't know anything about.

Style
29-07-2016, 09:47 PM
4AM, don't worry, right now I'd vote for Trump over Hillary. Not because I like him better, but because I know what I'd get from Hillary. In CA we have experience picking a celebrity over a politician (Schwarzenegger vs. Tom McLintock when Gray Davis was recalled as CA governor). That was a disaster. Ahnold talked big, but caved when he could get the support he needed from CA legislators.

Dan - Was there not a pretty good CA-celebrity-over-a-politician guy that had what was widely believed to be a terrific presidential run in the early 80's by the name of Reagan??? Just sayin...

momckee
29-07-2016, 11:16 PM
Have to say this, the idea of Donald Trump having control over the US nuclear arsenal scares the life out of me. This is a man with absolutely no skills in foreign policy - maybe a chorus of boos from the rest of the forum but just telling you how I feel but what will be will be.:eek:

4AMNTN
29-07-2016, 11:20 PM
Yeah like Clinton is ANY better prepared

momckee
30-07-2016, 01:27 AM
Just have to trust that whoever is at the helm has lots of checks and balances to keep them on the straight and narrow.:rolleyes:

4AMNTN
30-07-2016, 01:12 PM
Agreed:usaflag:

Dan M.
30-07-2016, 09:32 PM
Dan - Was there not a pretty good CA-celebrity-over-a-politician guy that had what was widely believed to be a terrific presidential run in the early 80's by the name of Reagan??? Just sayin...

Ha ha! Touché, touché!

Style
01-08-2016, 01:06 PM
Have to say this, the idea of Donald Trump having control over the US nuclear arsenal scares the life out of me. This is a man with absolutely no skills in foreign policy - maybe a chorus of boos from the rest of the forum but just telling you how I feel but what will be will be.:eek:

No chorus of boos here. I totally agree.

Deanie
01-08-2016, 06:40 PM
I agree, also. But even if I didn't, I wouldn't boo.

"I do or don't agree" sounds so much nicer than a big "BOO, YOU don't know what you're talking about." And I have a feeling that if we weren't nice to one another while talking about politics (or anything for that matter) Gis would just delete us. Some forums frown upon any talk of politics or religion, etc....Gis hasn't reined us in about anything. But then we've all been nice. I think he likes us. :)

Meg
01-08-2016, 09:24 PM
No booing from this corner!
And Gis likes us...he really really likes us!! :lol:

momckee
01-08-2016, 11:34 PM
:thumbsup:

Meg
02-08-2016, 05:41 PM
Wow....Obama called Trump 'unfit' and is calling on the GOP to 'denounce' him! Pretty sure I recall hearing the same things about Obama when he ran.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/obama-its-time-for-republican-leaders-to-denounce-trump/ar-BBv9we9?li=BBnb7Kz

momckee
02-08-2016, 06:56 PM
I think Obama may have the edge here as Mr.Trump says many strange things which cause me to question where his head is at. :rolleyes:

4AMNTN
03-08-2016, 01:29 AM
Trump does say " goofy things". But his heart & mind are RIGHT for America:usaflag:

Style
03-08-2016, 03:09 PM
Heart and Mind???

IMO - NOT!!!

4AMNTN
03-08-2016, 03:43 PM
:usaflag:

momckee
03-08-2016, 07:01 PM
I admire your support for him 4A but he is a dangerous man with little political savvy.

4AMNTN
03-08-2016, 07:33 PM
God help us if Hils win. And I mean that.

momckee
03-08-2016, 10:32 PM
4A - most of us up here north of the border are extremely nervous about Donald Trump, not saying that people are all behind Mrs. Clinton but she has years of political experience and I believe is less likely to involve the US in war if she feels she has been insulted. Mr. Trump is very thin skinned and feels the need to get back at anyone who says anything uncomplimentary about him, he's very short on diplomacy, however, it's in the hands of the US citizens.

4AMNTN
04-08-2016, 08:04 PM
Hils is so dishonest. Fine if some don't like Trump - but SHE is dishonest--
How can we elect her? But then some did Obama, twice!
[emoji631]

Dan M.
04-08-2016, 10:23 PM
I heard some snippets from what was billed as the Libertarian Townhall on CNN last night, with candidate Gary Johnson and his VP choice. First time I've had a chance to listen to anything from him. He did not inspire the confidence I was hoping for as a choice over Hillarump. We are so screwed.

Meg
05-08-2016, 02:43 PM
I heard some snippets from what was billed as the Libertarian Townhall on CNN last night, with candidate Gary Johnson and his VP choice. First time I've had a chance to listen to anything from him. He did not inspire the confidence I was hoping for as a choice over Hillarump. We are so screwed.

I didn't get a chance to see that...and hearing that he also doesn't inspire confidence does mean we're screwed. I'm going to see if I can catch a few 'highlights'

4AMNTN
05-08-2016, 03:21 PM
Law-zee-bee!! This country is TOO PC. I am tired of everyone caving every time someone is offended by a word, a picture, a tee shirt, etc. etc. etc. Until people rein in on "other" offensive words & MORE: abuse of women, I say suck it up!
~10 year restaurant owner has had to put away a DJT signed picture from 9 years ago because a black man was offended. (story today) WTF people.

Here's a movie quote "If hate were a people I'd be China"! ha-ha-ha. anyone care to take a guess? :) ending on a funny note~

momckee
05-08-2016, 03:59 PM
Off topic, just had a message flash on my screen, "just landed" - friend overflew Canada on the way to Seattle and sent me an on flight message, I replied and just now the flight landed in Seattle - this cyber stuff is incredible, really has me bedazzled. A lot happier stuff going on than the US election.:lol:

4AMNTN
05-08-2016, 04:47 PM
[emoji1303][emoji631]

momckee
05-08-2016, 05:44 PM
I think you are probably a born optimist 4A - a good way to stay happy.

4AMNTN
05-08-2016, 07:29 PM
Libra[emoji1013]

4AMNTN
08-08-2016, 06:47 PM
The movie quote was from City Slickers [emoji990]

4AMNTN
12-09-2016, 03:40 PM
Not Trump but HILS!! If I were her running mate (Kaine?) I'd be worried. OK so Trump has made some very odd comments, but HILS deplorable comment has got to be one of the worst. And what IF she's elected she's just gonna "love" us? I'd rather ... (delete delete delete) :computer:

momckee
12-09-2016, 07:44 PM
I think the deplorable people she was aiming that rather offbeat remark was to the mysoginists, homophobics, racists, sexists and all the other ists who seem to think Trump is wonderful - it was a rather large goof but I've heard worse from Trump. I don't know that you've all got much of a choice betwixt the two of them.

4AMNTN
12-09-2016, 10:18 PM
Oyi!! I personally think THAT is the real Hillary. I AM NOT any of those things. I DO think people should get off their A** & work & stop living off the government. Does that make me racist? Etc. no I don't care who u are taking advantage when u can work- sitting around taking government aid- oh well ......

Brouwer
13-09-2016, 12:42 PM
Law-zee-bee!! This country is TOO PC. I am tired of everyone caving every time someone is offended by a word, a picture, a tee shirt, etc. etc. etc. Until people rein in on "other" offensive words & MORE: abuse of women, I say suck it up!
~10 year restaurant owner has had to put away a DJT signed picture from 9 years ago because a black man was offended. (story today) WTF people.

Here's a movie quote "If hate were a people I'd be China"! ha-ha-ha. anyone care to take a guess? :) ending on a funny note~
Yeah, that was a great scene (embarrassing as an artform...)!
and then Billy Crystal going: "Let's bring out the Cake!" Hilarious!!!

Style
13-09-2016, 01:10 PM
I think the deplorable people she was aiming that rather offbeat remark was to the mysoginists, homophobics, racists, sexists and all the other ists who seem to think Trump is wonderful - it was a rather large goof but I've heard worse from Trump. I don't know that you've all got much of a choice betwixt the two of them.

I agree on your thoughts Mo, except i do think there is a better choice - just not a great choice...

4AMNTN
13-09-2016, 03:11 PM
That you Brouwer. We should start that thread again. Movie Quotes:

You'll love this Style. Trump & Palin

Did anyone notice on Thursday after HILS SS briefing - her speech she seemed drugged? Her voice was LOW, slow - her face without any expression, rarely used her hands & when she stepped back to leave from the podium she took to steps backward to turn around and answer another question? This woman had taken something PROLLY to relax her vocal chords, but WOW. She was off her game during that speech. I'm not buying the dehydration thing either, please drink water, supplements, anything SOMEONE around her should know this. But, I would have gone with low blood sugar. BAM! easy. Don't think it's a good idea to "hide out for 90 minutes" when your in her position ... not cool.

Style
14-09-2016, 03:11 PM
That you Brouwer. We should start that thread again. Movie Quotes:

You'll love this Style. Trump & Palin

Did anyone notice on Thursday after HILS SS briefing - her speech she seemed drugged? Her voice was LOW, slow - her face without any expression, rarely used her hands & when she stepped back to leave from the podium she took to steps backward to turn around and answer another question? This woman had taken something PROLLY to relax her vocal chords, but WOW. She was off her game during that speech. I'm not buying the dehydration thing either, please drink water, supplements, anything SOMEONE around her should know this. But, I would have gone with low blood sugar. BAM! easy. Don't think it's a good idea to "hide out for 90 minutes" when your in her position ... not cool.

Pneumonia will do it every time!

4AMNTN
14-09-2016, 03:54 PM
About that ... WHEN did she go to the dr. ? Xray & labs? Why haven't we heard about any of that? Or is that dr. so good she just looked at her & due to the cough of over a year said "pneumonia".

momckee
15-09-2016, 12:56 AM
About that ... WHEN did she go to the dr. ? Xray & labs? Why haven't we heard about any of that? Or is that dr. so good she just looked at her & due to the cough of over a year said "pneumonia".

Hi 4A - Have you heard about how people try to carry on, especially women, when they are sick because it seems to be expected of them? She was coughing quite a lot the week previously when she was giving a speech. And I don't think she'll be passing along her medical certificate for Dr.Oz to popularize it on TV. I have no special affinity with Hillary Clinton as until the US election I hadn't paid much attention to US politics, however if someone is sick because of a lung infection I don't see that as some kind of conspiracy.

I realize that you are a Trump supporter and that's entirely up to you but surely you must see that Mr. Trump says an awful lot of things which are not always truthful, maybe that's the way politics work, but he has told some corkers.

I just hope that whoever wins in the election that they will have the welfare of the American public at heart. :thumbsup:

4AMNTN
15-09-2016, 02:09 AM
Yeah Mo I am a Trump supporter and YES he's said some off the wall things as I've stated. There wouldn't be such a close look if she wasn't who she is or running for CIC -- that's the only reason, well that and all the other reasons I think SHE is so wrong for America. What Trump says about America & what he wants for America - there is no question-but I do agree he goes overboard-- that's who he is, too. [emoji631]

YB
20-09-2016, 07:44 PM
We here in the UK and the US are lucky that we live in a democratic nation rather than a dictatorship. However we always have to choose between a small number of people, who in turn have been chosen by a small number of people and often we are not really impressed with any of them. It is often a case of choosing the "least worst"

Mo said: Mr. Trump says an awful lot of things which are not always truthful. Someone once asked me "How do you tell when a politician is lying?" - My reply "His (or her) lips are moving"

momckee
21-09-2016, 01:16 AM
YB - is that you Yorkshire Barry or am I mistaken. If it is you YB welcome back and if it isn't welcome anyway. Hope all is well with you, great to see you on the forum again? or great anyway if you're a newcomer. Yes, the US election is a bit of a mash up, every day some new revelation, maybe there's a law somewhere where they can cancel both Mrs. C and Mr. T and start again. This new fellow who set off a bomb yesterday has just added some fuel to Mr. T's campaign - goodness knows where all this will end and there's also this new shooting in Tulsa where a couple of white police tazed and shot a black unarmed man. Tuning in to CNN there are so many people on the panels and they talk and talk and talk about the same thing and there never seems to be any clarity except both candidates always seem to be messing up. :rolleyes:

YB
21-09-2016, 10:40 AM
Yes, it's me, Mo

momckee
21-09-2016, 03:12 PM
Good that you're back YB. :)

4AMNTN
21-09-2016, 04:11 PM
Mo, I feel so bad for the US that bombings have started here. We have enough with riots that go on!!! Thankfully we decided that this last trip to NYC was our last. 25 years & on our 25th anniversary was our last in May. So. we're finished - but it's a shame, NYC is so awesome! Of course these things can happen anywhere. So sad. :usaflag:

momckee
08-10-2016, 05:24 PM
Do you think Donald Trump should step aside and let Mike Pence head up the Republican ticket?

4AMNTN
08-10-2016, 06:41 PM
NO! There can't be but a "handful" of guys -- people out there that hasn't at some point goofed with the guys. Gee we see & hear worse in weekly TV and the movies. Have you heard or seen a music video lately? Clinton actually DID worse than talk & he got elected. [emoji848]

momckee
08-10-2016, 07:32 PM
Yes Clinton was a bit of a sleaze but they tried to impeach him for his behaviour and lying about it. He's also not running this time for president. The point being that it is offensive behaviour from a man who wants to be president of the country which is a leader in the free world. I believe that Trump thinks women are of little value except to be eye candy and to satisfy his other needs (and they are half of his voting public) - I think the tape was indicative of how Trump perceives women.

4AMNTN
08-10-2016, 08:30 PM
It's 3 minutes of a mans life. Sounded like he was "yucking " it up to me. And WHY would this come out now?
Is it PC or even nice? No. But it seems to me he was just BS'n.

Fiona
15-10-2016, 08:44 AM
If he was yucking it up or BSing, it was a very poor choice of subject to yuck up and BS about. It's just plain yuck.

Brouwer
15-10-2016, 09:03 PM
If he was yucking it up or BSing, it was a very poor choice of subject to yuck up and BS about. It's just plain yuck.

Yeah... Well I think his campaign is effectively all but over. He can't/won't stop naturally, given his character. But when his campaign team starts to give up states you know he is in trouble. I just don't see him coming back from this one.
Oh, and that speech by Michelle Obama, that's the final nail in the coffin. Brilliant speech by the way, even if you don't like her.

4AMNTN
15-10-2016, 10:33 PM
Hils & the MSM will do anything to sway voters. Reporting on one thing & totally ignoring other points. Hils mouth is so vile! And she WAS First Lady- Sec of State & a US senator---no one cares about that. She's so fake she is NOT good for America. The MSM is so focused on Trump that they don't have time to report on any PROOF of Hils lies.
Yes the choice of words were offensive-but who of us hasn't said something offensive??
Wow it's unbelievable what they focus on & report. [emoji631]

momckee
16-10-2016, 03:03 AM
Hi 4A - I know you are an ardent Trump supporter but surely you can see he is not doing himself any good with the way he rants and raves at his rallies. And as far as saying something offensive, I'm not sure that just saying it was the text of his message, it sounded as though it was something he actually did. Now if he was just bragging as maybe a teenager might do who fancied himself as a real winner with the girls it might be regarded as just teenage bragging but do you think that all the women who have come forward to accuse him of groping behaviour are all lying?

The way he talks about policy makes me wonder if he has the diplomacy to meet with world leaders and how he might react if someone disagrees with him, he appears to have ridden roughshod over members of his own party, he really doesn't sound like a team player. I get worried when he says things like "and only I can fix it" - sounds a bit off the wall - just one man to fix any and all of the problems which the US may have? Anyway, it's in the hands of the voters - as I've said before I hope that whoever ends up in the White House I hope they have the welfare of the American citizens at heart and in Donald T's case I hope it isn't just a power trip for him to prove what he can accomplish. I really hope you are not offended 4A - I mean no disrespect to you and your belief that the Republican agenda is the right one for your country - I just hope that Mr. Trump lives up to your expectations should he win the election.

4AMNTN
17-10-2016, 01:51 AM
Oh well I think the MSM is leaning Clinton. I just hope people see the lies over the years & I hope we ( Americans) can believe in the words Trump uses, cause they're great. I just want the OLD crooked way out & a NEW work for it way in. [emoji631]

Meg
17-10-2016, 06:52 PM
I can't believe this election isn't over yet....seems like this has been going on FOREVER!!!

momckee
17-10-2016, 07:26 PM
Amen to that! Meg

4AMNTN
20-10-2016, 10:38 PM
I am SO SICK of all the anti Trump media. Let's hear the PROOF against Hillary. Let's start these shows with that! Total bias !! And BS!
Ugh!!!!!!!![emoji35] These women get air time on just accusations/ what? they're too traumatized NOW? But we've seen Trump over the years (The Apprentice) they were ok with that? Please.
Yes I am a Trump supporter-_but someone check how much time is devoted to trashing or negative info on Trump vs. Hils. Yeah?????

momckee
21-10-2016, 04:25 AM
4A - Mr. Trump was not at his best tonight at the charity benefit dinner in New York for the Catholic Diocese, which incidentally raised 6 million dollars. He and Mrs. Clinton were the speakers and it was supposed to be sort of a self deprecating and funny spoof but he crossed the line and at one point got booed - and this was mostly a Republican gathering. He got a few laughs but his speech ended up being more of a rally type afffair than a light hearted one. Hillary got a few digs in too and got Guiliani a good one as he has been particularly bitter about her in anything he has said. His face was like thunder - no smiles from him. There is a lot of trashing of Trump but 4A if you watch his rallies you'll see that he's bringing it on himself by saying everything is rigged, even during the voting where each State will be responsible for seeing that no funny business takes place at their polling stations. One of his supporters, a rough looking man, suggested that if Clinton gets in she will have to be 'seen to', not actually coming out and saying it but it sounded an awful lot like violence and Mr.Trump does get his supporters all riled up and excited. I like to see enthusiasm but not when it has an ugly sounding threat attached. He says he is going to fix everything, he alone can do it, that's not the way government works, that's the way a dictator sees things. This particular election campaign is being cited as the worst ever in the history of the US Elections. No one is saying the Hillary Clinton is lily white but she has the better temperament and is a seasoned politician, so it's maybe the lesser of the two evils. I just hope that there is no bloodshed if she does win the election. I think there's a good possibility that Trump has done a lot more than grope a few women in the past, just as Bill Clinton, John Kennedy and others but it seems to be the way of the world that powerful men have women falling at their feet. Power and wealth seem to be great aphrodisiacs. For all our sakes I hope sanity prevails.

On reading my post I want to clarify that I find it criminal and disgusting when any man thinks that it's alright to grope, touch or molest a woman who has in no way encouraged him and that most certainly includes using her as a punching bag.

Style
21-10-2016, 02:16 PM
All the media has to do is report what Trump says and does. It is 'anti' because they report it. If you want to hear more pro-Trump from the media tune in to Fox.

Forgive me 4A, but it is perplexing to me how anyone would even consider voting for Trump over anybody for President! He is the most self-centered, self-seeking, egotistical, greedy, bombastic, uninformed asswipe I have ever witnessed. Trump in the most powerful position in the world would be life-altering in the worst way.

I am registered non-partisan and have voted both Republican and Democratic in the past. If Paul Ryan was the Republican candidate, I would vote for him and I believe he would beat Clinton handily. Believe me, I am not necessarily a Clinton fan, but in this election, there is no alternative and I will vote for her.

YB
21-10-2016, 04:44 PM
Believe me, I am not necessarily a Clinton fan, but in this election, there is no alternative and I will vote for her.

That is where the democratic process is flawed (in all democratic countries), when people vote for someone because they think they are a "lesser of two evils"

momckee
21-10-2016, 05:07 PM
That is where the democratic process is flawed (in all democratic countries), when people vote for someone because they think they are a "lesser of two evils"

What would you see as a way of fixing the flaw YB? My sympathy is with the American public who are faced with this dilemma.

4AMNTN
21-10-2016, 05:35 PM
There's no "fixing" this country if people keep voting the same crooks back in. Trump will shake things up; even the establishment republicans don't want him in. I know the MSM will report what is "news" but surely all these emails, Benghazi, her health, her lies,her deals, her secrets -- these are all reasons enough after 30 years of manipulating the American people to report on & considered NEWS.

YB
21-10-2016, 07:00 PM
What would you see as a way of fixing the flaw YB? My sympathy is with the American public who are faced with this dilemma.

I think a solution, if indeed there is a solution, is one for cleverer people than me.

The only alternative I could come up with is an extra box on the voting paper with NONE/NEITHER OF THESE alongside. If that becomes the majority then new candidates have to found. The problem here is that the result would often be that and it could take months (or even years) to elect a government.

Generally speaking the ordinary man (and woman) in the street is suspicious of politicians partly because becoming elected is an "ego trip" for them. Usually those whose names are put forward come from the section of society known as the "mega rich" therefore they are out of touch with the real world and have no idea of the challenges facing the ordinary man on a daily basis

YB
21-10-2016, 07:06 PM
There's no "fixing" this country if people keep voting the same crooks back in. Trump will shake things up; even the establishment republicans don't want him in. I know the MSM will report what is "news" but surely all these emails, Benghazi, her health, her lies,her deals, her secrets -- these are all reasons enough after 30 years of manipulating the American people to report on & considered NEWS.

I think most of the media report what they are told to report by the "powers that be"

In June in the UK we had a vote to see if we should stay or leave the European Union. The vast majority of politicians wanted us to stay but the majority (52%) of the electorate voted to leave. We are still in the EU, it will apparently take two years for us to leave. Since the vote whatever happens that is less than good in the UK the media blame the decision to leave.

Deanie
21-10-2016, 08:07 PM
We don't have to vote for Clinton or Trump. There are two other candidates running. Jill Stein from the Green Party and Gary Johnson of the Libertarian Party. If one of them got enough votes to cause a stir though - I shudder to think what it might cause.

momckee
21-10-2016, 08:23 PM
Deanie, I don't see much movement in the number of people voting for the other two, one of which I had thought or misunderstood was running on a marijuana ticket, maybe someone was just joking about that. I know that Johnson was being interviewed at one point and had no idea where Aleppo was or even what it was so maybe a bit out of touch with world events. Haven't heard anything about the other candidate, Jill Stein.

4AMNTN
22-10-2016, 12:27 AM
YB: I agree with that.
Me either Mo -- I don't know a thing about the other two. No one says anything really. Their not "out there" telling their views either.

4AMNTN
01-11-2016, 03:22 PM
:usaflag:Going to VOTE today!:usaflag:

Meg
02-11-2016, 01:32 PM
Mailed in my ballot on Monday.

4AMNTN
05-11-2016, 01:39 AM
:usaflag:

momckee
05-11-2016, 04:07 AM
I was going to comment but thought I'd better not - what I think is probably better left unsaid. :(

4AMNTN
09-11-2016, 08:52 AM
[emoji631]wow[emoji631]

Meg
09-11-2016, 02:00 PM
Well, America has spoken

Style
09-11-2016, 03:25 PM
Embarrassing.

4AMNTN
09-11-2016, 06:29 PM
yeah, I've felt that way for the past 8 years. sucks - I know.
And last night I was SHOCKED that HRC didn't talk with her "peeps". She sent Podesta & didn't address the people that believed in her, that had waited all night for her. She just went home (just like Benghazi)
HRC speech this morning was good - the first 5-6 minutes then she lost me. As a woman, she's not MY hero - Anthony, Paul & ?Stanton? those women did it for us. Do you know the 19th amendment did not get on the "books" until 1984. From 1920 to 1984.

Style
14-11-2016, 05:02 PM
And Trump’s first appointment is Stephen Bannon as chief White House strategist and senior counselor. A racist, fascist, Anti-Semite, white Nationalist will surely help bring our country together…

Damn, I hate getting political but just had to say it.

momckee
14-11-2016, 07:38 PM
And Trump’s first appointment is Stephen Bannon as chief White House strategist and senior counselor. A racist, fascist, Anti-Semite, white Nationalist will surely help bring our country together…

Damn, I hate getting political but just had to say it.

How do you like the idea of America being governed by the Trump family? Three of his children to be unpaid advisors. The world has gone mad!

momckee
15-11-2016, 06:35 AM
Today's headlines, Trump wants his three adult children to have top security clearance - I guess they'll be advising him on how to fight ISIS. Maybe there's a family trait that because he knows more than the Generals it may have been passed down. Pardon my cynicism. How does this work, his children are to run his business, they'll be his advisers, he has multinational businesses in many parts of the world, they get top security clearance, helps to know things which may be of advantage to the business. They can't be put in a blind trust and if Trump put his business in a blind trust to people not related his children would be out of work. I've got to stop watching CNN - it makes my head hurt. :rolleyes:

4AMNTN
16-11-2016, 03:51 PM
I have read multiple reports (so I'd kinda "know") Trump did not seek for his children to have security clearance. They are part of his transition team, only. Trump sent a tweet out that says that was a false news report. No doubt his children are professional, dependable, assertive, responsible, capable, grateful, intelligent, kind folks. He should be so proud!
And Yes, Mo. CNN??? that may be your information problem right there. I see a story that I question & I go to several sites & read up on it. IF it's that important to me. And we too have stopped watching the nightly news ... maybe later - like next year.

Style
16-11-2016, 04:36 PM
4A - You "kinda know"???!!! :confused:

It was reported by every news outlet across the board, but you can certainly choose to believe Trump's twitter account - he never lies...

I'm interested in your thoughts regarding Stephen Bannon.

momckee
16-11-2016, 08:01 PM
4A - You "kinda know"???!!! :confused:

It was reported by every news outlet across the board, but you can certainly choose to believe Trump's twitter account - he never lies...

I'm interested on your thoughts regarding Stephen Bannon.

4A - I echo what Style says - CNN is a reputable news service and would be in trouble if broadcasting false reports - do you believe them when they tell you about the fighting in Mosul, or when they broadcast the Mayor's report of his meeting with Donald Trump? Or when they have broadcast rally speeches from Trump and Obama. Trumps children may well be all you think they are, they are also human, not saints. I don't see how they can be his advisers and also be running his company, he doesn't appear to be a man who would step away from his business dealings, he'd want to know what was happening. I realize you are a fervent supporter of him but you must also be aware of some of his less favourable qualities. He has chosen Stephen Bannon as one of his cabinet and he is regarded as championing the alt-right agenda which includes white supremacists. Let's hope it works out for all Americans.

4AMNTN
16-11-2016, 10:31 PM
Well the "kinda know" was meant because I didn't hear it from Trump's mouth. I read several sites before I posted, THAT'S what I meant. And again NO I don't believe everything CNN or FOX or whichever reports. IF I find it interesting or questionable I look it up - in several places then make my mind up. But I just LOVE how you all think the gospel about CNN's reporting & believe everything NEGATIVE you hear about Trump. Not one word of negativity did y'all repeat on Clinton. Interesting.
Never heard of Bannon before. SO I did some surfing to see what all the hype is about and AGAIN I find noting anti-Semitic about him other than his ex-wife's ONE comment.

momckee
16-11-2016, 11:18 PM
4A - I don't know about anti-Semitic but the alt-right is identified as allied with white supremacy which could be bad news for minorities. As for Hillary Clinton I don't believe I ever remarked on her - just that I thought she had more political skill than Mr. T (also not as rude in her campaign rhetoric). However, it's a done deal now and it will be interesting to see how it all shakes out. I think that CNN probably makes the news sound a bit more dire than the occasion demands but I don't think the presenters are lying.

Style
17-11-2016, 01:46 PM
Never heard of Bannon before. SO I did some surfing to see what all the hype is about and AGAIN I find noting anti-Semitic about him other than his ex-wife's ONE comment.

LOL. Nuff Said.

4AMNTN
17-11-2016, 04:10 PM
The ADL(anti-defamation league)has issued a statement saying they are not aware of ANY anti-semitic statements from Bannon - they retract their earlier claims.

Style
17-11-2016, 04:44 PM
Interesting how you selectively pulled one part of the statement. The ADL statement also states that "Under his stewardship, Breitbart has emerged as the leading source for the extreme views of a vocal minority who peddle bigotry and promote hate." Other claims, including numerous by his ex-wife and ex-employees state examples of Anti-Semitism.

4AMNTN
17-11-2016, 04:52 PM
Interesting how you only see (read) what you want to see.
Instead of me defending Trump & finding statements to back up what I write --- you know it's not worth it.
[emoji631][emoji631][emoji631]

4AMNTN
07-12-2016, 03:45 PM
:usaflag:Glad to see: TIME's Person of the Year! President-elect Donald J. Trump:usaflag:

momckee
07-12-2016, 09:22 PM
4A - I admire your tenacity thinking the President Elect is wonderful, except two and a half million people would disagree. That I don`t care for him has nothing to do with anything about Hillary Clinton, just that I think she is more polite than him. :) The proof will be in the pudding in the next little while to see if he does o.k. I just hope he doesn`t Tweet too much on foreign affairs and land the States in an awkward position.

Style
08-12-2016, 01:58 PM
And he joins the group that includes: Adolph Hitler, Joseph Stalin, Nikita Khrushchev, Ayatollah Khomeini.

The criteria for Time's Person of the Year is "the individual or group of individuals who have had the biggest effect on the year's news".

4AMNTN
08-12-2016, 04:06 PM
Yes, it does. (Time) The other is a little simple minded, uninformed, bigoted, kool-aid response for me to get into depth on. Totally like a current Left -winged nut to miss EVERY GOOD PERSON ON THE LIST! :wave:

Style
08-12-2016, 04:19 PM
My point was simply that their Person of the Year is not necessarily a good person and I illustrated same by naming some of the not-so-nice persons on their list. But, nice attack - Your true colors shown clearly...

4AMNTN
08-12-2016, 06:23 PM
Had to do it. Hated to do it, too. My colors as you put it have been called into question by you more than once. Re read some of your posts of/on my support.

Style
08-12-2016, 08:01 PM
All are entitled to their opinions and while I've disagreed with some of yours, please show me where I ever attacked you and not your opinion?! I've never had an issue with a good point/counterpoint of opinions and at the end of the day we can agree to disagree, but name-calling and attacking the person with the opinion - you've gone lower than low and showed yourself to all...Nice job.

4AMNTN
09-12-2016, 01:12 AM
[emoji4]I'm finished on this topic. Name calling & "grouping" together supporters started long ago. I am actually here to support books. So I'll try to stick to that.
Being accurate isn't LOW. [emoji4]

Style
09-12-2016, 02:18 PM
Accurate???? LMFAO :lol::clap:

And we move on...

momckee
31-01-2017, 06:04 PM
Is anyone else as depressed as I am about the state of affairs in the US at the moment and Canada. It seems like chaos reigns at the moment and I find it worrisome and scary that a man who is/was obsessed by the number of people who attended his inauguration and talked about three to five million illegal voters, causing him to lost the popular vote, is now turning out executive orders without, it seems, any input from those on his cabinet who are competent to advise him. I'm also upset about the killing in a Quebec mosque of 5 people and many more injured by a young man, who looks just like an ordinary university kid, who admires Donald Trump, the French nationalist leader and has radicalized ideas. What in heavens name is happening?

4AMNTN
13-02-2017, 02:30 AM
Woo-hoo to Joy Villa [emoji177]the dress & presentation! Go girl. Open dialog with the misinformed!!![emoji631]

momckee
13-02-2017, 11:40 PM
What is your post referring to 4A. Don't know who or what Joy Villa is.?

4AMNTN
13-02-2017, 11:55 PM
Mo it was an entertainer on the awards last night. I don't watch - I'm too old BUT I did see her dress. Google it -- it was a nice change from all the artists that have been Trump bashing this awards season.
Hollywood--they're out of touch. Just look at Beyoncé...WTF???
I'm too old I guess[emoji33]

momckee
14-02-2017, 12:14 AM
I did look up the name and she wore a Trump dress, she seems to favour really different costumes - wearing a see-through one on the article I pulled up. I don't watch the Grammys, the only time I hear modern songs is when I phone an office and get put on hold. :)

4AMNTN
14-02-2017, 12:52 AM
Ha! I can relate Mo. yes, her outfits have leaned toward outlandish

momckee
14-02-2017, 05:35 AM
Just noticed on my computer that General Flynn has just resigned from the President's cabinet over the phone call he made to the Russian ambassador while Trump was still President Elect. Some strange goings on in the White House these days. :idunno:

Brouwer
14-02-2017, 12:39 PM
After losing in the courts, Michael Flynn's resignation is the second major blow to the Trump administration in a week. Discussing lifting of Russian sanctions with that country’s ambassador, before you are in office, is against American law.
U.S. Law vs. DJT 2-0

My advice for the WH: lay low for a while...

momckee
14-02-2017, 05:57 PM
I think the Flynn thing may be just a foretaste of things to come. It's hard to imagine that Flynn would contact the Russian ambassador without instructions from his boss!

4AMNTN
14-02-2017, 06:54 PM
:idunno: I'm not sure of the reasons he would be on the phone with the Russians. I'm sure someone knows. But, he has the qualifications (even before being appointed) but he WASN'T APPOINTED YET. What was his roll then? I'm sure someone knows. One of the "whistleblowers/informants said Flynn DID NOT make any promises or agreements in the calls. But, nonetheless he was CAUGHT not telling the full story & to the VP of all people! Well, there are bad apples everywhere - this man has an impeccable record - I'm sure someone knows. (the circumstances)
BUT MAKE NO MISTAKE ... there are bad apples in every administration -

Hell, any of us reading these Mitch Rapp books knows what a cut throat, look out for yourself, do what is "right" for the cause these DC types supposedly are. :idunno:

4AMNTN
02-03-2017, 04:22 PM
nice speech.

momckee
03-03-2017, 02:48 AM
He did sound more presidential, Mr. Sessions kind of messed up though. What else is his cabinet going to get up to, I don't think one knows what the other one is doing. Kind of like the look of Generals Mattis and McMaster, maybe they'll whip the rest into shape.

4AMNTN
03-03-2017, 11:22 PM
Ugh! I am so sick of listening to & reading about the bickering between the Democrats & Republicans/Trump is there nothing else ? they will not let this man have one day!

momckee
05-03-2017, 10:42 PM
4A - seems like he is doing it to himself with the latest being Obama wiretapped Mr. T's Trump Tower phone, no evidence to back up claim.

Meg
06-03-2017, 06:40 PM
I'm so glad I'm completely uninformed!!! Makes me less stressed to know nothing about any of it.

4AMNTN
07-03-2017, 12:41 AM
Well you take into account that 1. There is a list of several people & agencies that he DID wiretap
2. How did they know about Russia if they weren't wiretapping?
I actually care more about the illegal voting in this country than I do some people talking to Russia over the last year they weren't even in office. It just seems to me make a big commotion over HERE and no one will pay attention over THERE.
And I agree I would not have tweeted that, but I would get down to the bottom of it![emoji35]

It's all in how it's worded he didn't actually order it but he wanted to know about it---someone out there will come forward. IMO
And when I say he I mean it loosely he/his cabinet his eight years in the office etc. etc. etc.

4AMNTN
19-06-2018, 02:38 PM
OK... first let me say that I do think it's an awful situation for children to be separated from loving families. That said. This has been going on for YEARS. It didn't just start with Trump. If we had put our foot down & followed the law years ago we wouldn't be in such a bad situation now. So many take advantage that we're severely backed up for the proper documentation - I get it.... but share the blame here --- illegal aliens ---oh & let's not forget the DEMs that have let this slide for reasons I'm sure are good ones? ha! VOTES???? let someone else deal with it -- it's too big too controversial an issue -- will upset too many people -- cost too much in time & money. --- YOU NAME IT. It's a mess, it's sensitive ... but it has to start & get a plan SOMETIME. IMO

YB
19-06-2018, 05:45 PM
Spot on 4's. We have the same problem in the UK, previous governments have turned a blind eye, now there are millions here who have come for an easy life and for the benefits that have been set up by our forefathers. A very small number are genuine, the rest are chancers

4AMNTN
21-06-2018, 04:00 PM
Ok so now Trump has given & it's STILL not enough. I swear the left in the country will stop at nothing to bog this presidency down.

OK... what do they have to say for the hundreds of kids murdered by illegal aliens - they go without a parent! People in our country that break the law go to jail .... they leave their kid! ILLEGAL Aliens KNOW this BEFORE coming here. Bur there' always a tree hugger out there. So many in fact they could take in these children. UGHHHHHH

The WORD that people are missing is ILLEGAL... we don't care if you come here LEGALLY! LEGALLY one more time for the SLOW folks LEGALLY. No problem. It's our nation - a nation of LAWS! IF someone here breaks the law, you pay.

Also, these threats against the Presidents children? This would not stand one second if it were a Dem. President! And to think back of ALL the lives ruined by "name" calling - but turn it around if we were to do this towards the left, or certain races, the LGB-T folks, oh my gosh!! UPROAR. I'm so sick of it!

OK, I'm finished for today :mad: :thumbsup: :O. :usaflag::usaflag::usaflag:

momckee
21-06-2018, 07:59 PM
Won't comment except to say the US could have done with a better President (not Mrs. Clinton).

4AMNTN
26-06-2018, 02:17 PM
IMO - I think some of the Left has lost it. Hollywood too. What ever happened to the No Bullying? or Just because someone is different... Everyone has rights - what? except Trump supporters. How is whats going on now any different from what they've all supported at one point or another?

momckee
29-06-2018, 03:15 AM
This is only touching on Mr. Trump's name but I watched the totally partisan "investigation" into, I think, the Inspector General's report, where the Republicans tried every which way they could to prove that the judicial system was trying to make Mr. Trump look bad (as if) - he can do that all by himself. Anyway, I listened to Trey Gowdy lambaste the Assistant Attorney General and I guess also, the FBI Director, and it's a good thing I'm not an American politician, nor a man, but I think I would have jumped up and grabbed Trey Gowdy by his scrawny neck and thumped him good. I think he was imagining himself in front of a jury and being his loudest and most irritating prosecutorial best to prove his point. He is so fed up with the Mueller investigation having gone on over a year but he should be reminded of glass houses as I believe he was in charge of the Benghazi incident and it went on for 2 1/2 years before it fell apart, short memory Mr. G. With apologies to any ardent fans of Mr. Gowdy!

And apologies too, to my more kindly and less aggressive buddies on The Book Joint. :o

4AMNTN
07-09-2018, 03:02 PM
Good Lord could this man work any harder & get more accomplished & how? - with everyday being a struggle from SOME group or another. :eek:

momckee
10-10-2018, 05:28 AM
Won't go on about this but I hope Judge Kavanaugh gets tripped up somewhere along the line, he didn't convince me as to his squeaky cleanliness. Felt sorry for his wife and children and also for Dr. Ford who didn't wish for her story to be made public. A bad scene!

4AMNTN
24-10-2018, 12:36 AM
The Caravan???? I understand wanting to better urself & ur family BUT
How are they gonna get jobs to feed themselves or a house or BETTER their families lives!? ILLEGALLY IS NOT THE WAY!
Oh my gosh! We have AMERICANS that are having a hard time! We don’t need ALL these immigrants from ANY country that we can’t take care of. Lord do u realize the immigrant population NOW..... from OTHER countries??????
If anything HELP the Americans that need proper housing/food/education.
Yes ..... everyone knows a certain “?” that is abusing our welfare!!!!! Double dipping is rampant—— how do WE correct this?! It’s too big.
U & I pay for this [emoji31]🤭🤫[emoji25]