Baseball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baseball

I have to RANT a minute. We were looking into seeing the Yankees in NYC this spring. And of the WHOLE stadium there were less than 20 seats available. 20! So, we want Right side just after dugout …none… the closest were 395.00 A PIECE! Then they were a few scattered 35.00 seats in the nosebleeds.
    THIS IS WHATS WRONG WITH AMERICA. YOU CAN'T TAKE YOUR FAMILY TO A FLIPPIN' BASEBALL GAME FOR UNDER 1000.00 WHAT THE HELL? And if they think I'm riding the SUBWAY to get to that game I'm not going to forget that too. As of last week there had been 803 knifings in NYC THIS YEAR. less than 80 days into the year! What is DeBlasio doin? This will be different for us, we always go to NYC during Christmas & we're covered up like a Polar Bear. So to walk around with a scarf & heavy jacket for protection is not do-able. No gun carrying, no stun guns, but we CAN have MACE. Army surplus here we come!
    Anyway, this sporting event ticket/food/parking/ … this is wrong. Poor kids, no wonder they're growing up FAR different that we did. ok, thank you

There are only a few markets like that 4A. It just so happens that NYC is, well, NYC -- I happen to hate the place. You can go to many other cities and take the family to a baseball game for under $300.

Comment

Good seats in Atlanta to see the Braves only cost $100-$110 and in Arlington to watch the Rangers you can get good seats from $186 down to $78.00 or $74.00.

Comment

Baseball

Yeah we saw a Reds game 5-6 years ago I don't remember it to be too much. And oh wow! I hadn't paid much attention to baseball after the strike in the 70's. Yeah, I know- but when we walked out to the "center field" hole to see the diamond I choked up. So many memories from when I was little!⚾️⚾️⚾️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Is anyone watching the Smithsonian Channels Heroes of Baseball? We've watched Babe, Gehrig, and Williams man they were great! Then there's Rose!!!!

Comment

Not seen this, i assume you like it a lot
            I haven't failed, i've merely found 10,000 reasons why it didn't work

Comment

Not a huge fan of baseball. If I watch a game it's the minors here in Viera. Much more fun in person & usually I get the tickets from work or my health insurance. They'll have a night where they away the tickets. Even if I wanted to pay to go, it's less than $15 a ticket if I remember correctly.

Comment

Oh, woe is me. My Braves have the worst record in baseball this year. Totally sucks. The team, too. But I'm a die-hard fan so what do I do? I watch 'em faithfully....Okay, so maybe I switch channels often...to watch the Texas Rangers, who are my favorite team in the American League and who are in first place in their division and who/whom have a good chance to go to the play-offs.

Where did the baseball thingy go? The emoji?

Comment

Well, I've been suckered back in. Gonna sit back & watch the CUBS play!! :baseball:

Comment

Ouch! Maybe tonight. That's what happens when I don't watch. We'll be ready tonight ⚾️⚾️⚾️

Comment

better ... a 4 hour game!

Comment

Hubby was pleased with last night's BB game, he's rooting for the Cubs.

Comment

Gonna watch tonight's game?⚾️

Comment

I am. Probably. Can't help but root for the Cubs. I think I read where they hadn't been to the World Series since 1945. Is that correct? Perhaps I misread. That's a long time back.

Comment

Originally posted by Deanie View Post
                              I am. Probably. Can't help but root for the Cubs. I think I read where they hadn't been to the World Series since 1945. Is that correct? Perhaps I misread. That's a long time back.
                              and last time Cubs won World Series was 1908...

Comment

Working...
                              X