Learning to Swear in America cover reveal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Learning to Swear in America cover reveal

Hey, my editor gave the go-ahead to reveal my cover, and I wanted to share it with you guys.

Learning to Swear_censoredBlueREV2.jpg

You've done really well Katie with your writing - I hope it's a huge success, certainly an amusing title.

Comment

Originally posted by momckee View Post
      You've done really well Katie with your writing - I hope it's a huge success, certainly an amusing title.
      Agreed
      I haven't failed, i've merely found 10,000 reasons why it didn't work

Comment

Love it!

Comment

Congratulations, Katie! I hope this book is a big success and leads to more successful "labors of love." Had to be some labor, some love, some frustration, some highs, some lows while writing it. But you did it, lady! Kudos...and may they keep on coming for you.

Comment

Thanks, everybody!

And Deanie, they're publishing a second book in 2017 (not a sequel--they're both stand-alones), so at least I've got one more coming.

Comment

Originally posted by Katie View Post
              Thanks, everybody!

And Deanie, they're publishing a second book in 2017 (not a sequel--they're both stand-alones), so at least I've got one more coming.
              You're a clever gal Katie - keep up the good work!

Comment

Excellent!

Comment

Wonderful! Congrats

Comment

that's great congrats on your book! Love the title!

Comment

Katie- Forgive me for not remembering, but wasn't your initial book for either kids or young adults? Is this in the same category?

Comment

Yay!!! It's happening! I'm so excited for you, Katie!
                        sigpic The rules are: There ain't no rules.

Comment

Style, this is the first book! It just takes that long to get them published. I started querying to find an agent in April, 2013, signed with my agent in October, 2013, revised with her, and she sold it in August, 2014. Its release date is July 5, 2016.

Don't mean to bore you guys with the dates--just thought it might be interesting to see how long it takes.

And yes, it's YA (young adult)--you have a good memory! YA is meant to be for teenagers, but since you don't change the writing any--you don't restrict vocabulary or anything, you just keep the book moving a little faster, kind of like you would with a thriller--more than half the people who read YA are adults. The only rules about writing YA are that the main character needs to be young (mine is 17), and that you have to end with at least a tiny sense of hope.

Course in mine, an asteroid's hurtling toward Earth, so...

P.S. And Dan is in the acknowledgments!

Comment

Wow...that is a long time to get published! I didn't realize it took that long.
                            Was Dan one of your beta readers?

Comment

Originally posted by Meg View Post
                              Wow...that is a long time to get published! I didn't realize it took that long.
                              Was Dan one of your beta readers?
                              No! Hmph! I did read a couple of Katie's earlier YA novels though. I'm in the acknowledgements because I live where there are earthquakes.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Katie View Post
                              P.S. And Dan is in the acknowledgments!
                              sigpic The rules are: There ain't no rules.

Comment

Working...
                              X