PDA

View Full Version : I'm Back

Katie
03-08-2015, 04:28 PM
My registration got messed up somehow, but Alan fixed me up and I can get back on! :-) (Thanks, Alan.) Hope everybody's having a good summer. Not much going on here--my agent's reading a book I just finished, so I'm a little stressed about that. It's weirder than the last one, so we'll see what she thinks. Fiona--a countdown from 30 minutes into your shift? Sounds like either you don't like your job, or you've read so much Lee Child that you see life in countdowns. ;-)

Gismo
03-08-2015, 05:03 PM
My registration got messed up somehow, but Alan fixed me up and I can get back on! :-) (Thanks, Alan.):welcome:
Glad we got you fixed up again

momckee
03-08-2015, 11:32 PM
Hi Katie, I hope your next book does well. The writing must keep you busy.

Meg
04-08-2015, 01:53 PM
My registration got messed up somehow, but Alan fixed me up and I can get back on! :-) (Thanks, Alan.) Hope everybody's having a good summer. Not much going on here--my agent's reading a book I just finished, so I'm a little stressed about that. It's weirder than the last one, so we'll see what she thinks. Fiona--a countdown from 30 minutes into your shift? Sounds like either you don't like your job, or you've read so much Lee Child that you see life in countdowns. ;-)

Or it's just one of those days...the one where you have no motivation & just want to be home reading! What's the new book about?

Deanie
04-08-2015, 06:04 PM
Good to see you here again, Katie!

Fiona
06-08-2015, 02:49 AM
It was more a time frame than a countdown, Katie, as it was night shift. I must admit I compartmentalise my days. Give myself little challenges and at work sometimes it IS a matter of looking at the clock for whatever reason. Other days fly by.

Meg
07-08-2015, 01:55 PM
It was more a time frame than a countdown, Katie, as it was night shift. I must admit I compartmentalise my days. Give myself little challenges and at work sometimes it IS a matter of looking at the clock for whatever reason. Other days fly by.

Yeah this week for me has been a countdown...I'm so glad it's finally Friday!! I also compartmentalize my days...and I don't take work home with me anymore!

Katie
09-08-2015, 05:29 AM
Oh, I didn't mean to start a new thread just about me being back. (blush) No wonder you people bounced me out. ;-)

Yes, Meg, you may be right about the just-want-to-read thing. :lol::reading: And you don't take work home with you? (head scratch) I thought you were an emergency dispatcher. Did I miss a job change?

The new book is about parallel worlds and Hitler and inappropriate urination and a scorpion in a box. You know, the usual. (It's YA--young adult--but more than half of YA readers are adults.) I just today got the next one outlined--it's set in the north woods, which handily is where I live. I'm still stressing on my agent's reaction, though. :-/

Hi, Deanie! I hadn't seen you for a while (before I dropped off the registration list). Hope your weather isn't too wacky. I have a writer friend in Wimberely. :-(

I know what you mean, Fiona. When I have just-passing-time-jobs (or inservices at work, heh heh) I find myself calculating the percentage of time that's passed.

Dan M.
10-08-2015, 05:45 PM
I'm still stressing on my agent's reaction, though. :-/

Does this mean you're waiting to get the reaction, or you've gotten it and it could've been better?

Meg
10-08-2015, 08:58 PM
Yes, Meg, you may be right about the just-want-to-read thing. :lol::reading: And you don't take work home with you? (head scratch) I thought you were an emergency dispatcher. Did I miss a job change?

New Chief, so there was a reorganization...I'm the admin assistant (fancy name for secretary!) for patrol. So no dealing directly on a day to day basis with stressful situations. Makes it much easier to leave work at work...except for when they call me cause they forget their schedules :lol:

Katie
14-08-2015, 05:31 AM
Ha, Meg! Sorry I missed that--but congratulations. Sounds like a good move in terms of general enjoyment of life.

Dan, I haven't gotten any feedback yet, but the editor who's already bought said book, without the slightest hint of what it's about (gulp), asked about it a couple days ago. My agent said she'd hurry up and read. So...heh heh.

But I've got a cover for the first one (LEARNING TO SWEAR IN AMERICA). I'll share when I can. Hope you're getting a chance to write.

4AMNTN
14-08-2015, 02:56 PM
Meg … dealing with a mostly male workplace, it's gonna happen! (no offense to OUR guys) :")

Meg
14-08-2015, 03:28 PM
Meg … dealing with a mostly male workplace, it's gonna happen! (no offense to OUR guys) :")

Yeah, I kinda feel like their mother at times...in fact one of the guys calls me Ma (and he's older than me!!)

4AMNTN
14-08-2015, 03:47 PM
I was gonna say Meg! Ur young!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Meg
14-08-2015, 06:35 PM
He's at least 15 years older than me!

4AMNTN
14-08-2015, 08:50 PM
Well I still say ma'am & sir to people that are older than me ... It's a respect thing, a southern thing. Ur lucky ur guys are so nice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Meg
17-08-2015, 02:49 PM
Yeah I'm really glad that they are...and a few of them used to call me Miss Megan. Those guys are retired now though.

loridee
29-08-2015, 09:17 PM

momckee
30-08-2015, 01:13 AM
Delighted to see you Loridee, hope you stay around, maybe shake us up a bit.:lol:

Fiona
30-08-2015, 05:41 AM
Hello my friend. I was just thinking about you.

Gismo
30-08-2015, 08:26 AM
:welcome:

4AMNTN
30-08-2015, 03:48 PM
Hey! :wave: just in time for the next Reacher discussion!

Meg
01-09-2015, 03:23 PM
LD, so glad you're back!! Was going to email you sometime this week to check on you!

loridee
02-09-2015, 12:13 AM
Hey All!!!:wave::wave:

Thanks muchly for the welcome backs. Been really busy for the last 6 months or so. Started a new job and it's been crazy hours and tons of work, but I LOVE IT :)

Katie
13-09-2015, 02:18 AM
Hi, Lori Dee! So glad to see you!