Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Downpouring here...roads already flooding

Comment

Sunny and warm, humidity this afternoon forecast.

Comment

beautiful here, high 84. I'm praying for rain! (Sun-Mon)

Comment

That's quite a temperature, Giz!

Hope all of you who need rain are getting some. Dan, looks like a lot of California got rain--hope that's true, and that you get more soon.

Our first snow of the season is expected on October 16th--a day shy of a month from now. :-/

Comment

Originally posted by Katie View Post
            That's quite a temperature, Giz!

Hope all of you who need rain are getting some. Dan, looks like a lot of California got rain--hope that's true, and that you get more soon.

Our first snow of the season is expected on October 16th--a day shy of a month from now. :-/
            How can they predict it with such accuracy, or is it just that, a prediction not a certainty? You'll have snow for Halloween!

Comment

Wow Katie, I'd love that!

Comment

Hot and sticky again, cooler temps predicted, thank goodness.

Comment

What's your weather like?

Mo is the seasonal chart the same there as here? Fall [emoji262]Sept. 22? Winter [emoji300]️Dec 22? Spring [emoji255]March22? Summer [emoji295]️June22? Or close anyway?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

4AM, maybe you need a northern vacation. :-)

Momac, they don't really know, of course--that's just the average date of the first snowfall, but the weather forecasters like to throw it around. And October snow always melts off--it's the November stuff that tends to stay around. If I can, I'll post a photo of our library parking lot in late November a couple years ago. IMG_20141112_183242_314.jpg

Comment

Katie, my sister lives in Kalkaska ,MI she's always wanting me to come visit with the "trolls" or "fudgers". It sounds beautiful up there ![emoji300]️

Comment

Originally posted by Katie View Post
                        4AM, maybe you need a northern vacation. :-)

Momac, they don't really know, of course--that's just the average date of the first snowfall, but the weather forecasters like to throw it around. And October snow always melts off--it's the November stuff that tends to stay around. If I can, I'll post a photo of our library parking lot in late November a couple years ago. [ATTACH=CONFIG]20[/ATTACH]
                        I know that your weather is probably quite a bit colder than what we get here in Southern Ontario - would like to see the picture of the library parking lot. Snow sounds so good right now, still have the air con on - 30F today with humidity, but it seems to be cooling down a bit now.

4A - our seasons are pretty similar I think. I always think of where you live as being a lot warmer than here.

Comment

Mo yeah, the snow line limit is about 2 hours south of here. We are tornado alley & northern Alabama. But the heat? We have humidity! I think we're a good climate overall, the tornados I can do WITHOUT! I'd like to live in a cooler climate & given the choice of vacation spots? Always somewhere with a snowy outlook [emoji300]️[emoji300]️[emoji41]

Comment

4AM, Kalkaska's far enough north that your sister ought to be able to provide you with some snow.

Comment

That's quite a pile of snow Katie, you must get quite a lot from November on. We sometimes get snow in November and then don't get any around Christmas time when we like to have the snow and the coloured lights on it. I've always loved snow scenes and usually have a painting of a snow scene in the house. I just took one down to replace it with a Fall picture. I seem to like the cooler months rather than the hot, blazing sun.

Comment

Oh I need to share a story. After my sister moved to Michigan--she told a story about being new to the area & driving to a Target -- this was after her first few snows-- she said she drove right by it because the snow plows had packed the snow so high she couldn't see the store ... Ha! Too funny!!!!

Last edited by 4AMNTN; 21-09-2015, 12:29 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X