PDA

View Full Version : What are you doing?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

4AMNTN
11-07-2015, 03:45 PM
Ah, the south … do you think they are worried about being PC? :lol: :usaflag: oh, & what I was "doing" was - I was at a KNAP-IN. Which is where they sell, show & trade "carved" rock. Like my "eagle" picture; which is obsidian. flint, chert, obsidian, etc. & they make arrowheads, spears, jewelry, etc. (spalling) Lapidators, Knappers.

4AMNTN
13-07-2015, 03:25 PM
And on a not too country note. I believe on the way out to the Knap-In we passed Justin Timberlake's new house being built. Huge! Leiper's Fork is kinda out there though. It's nice most of the way, large horse farms, then in town a very small community of art & B&B's and small homes built in the 1800's. really cute/quaint.

Dan M.
13-07-2015, 05:48 PM
I've always admired that obsidian eagle in your avatar, 4. That's a wonderful piece of art. What size is it? It looks like it might fit in the palm of my hand, but maybe it's bigger.

4AMNTN
13-07-2015, 06:05 PM
Thank you Dan. I thought it was awesome when I first saw it. It's 6" long. I included a pic of what it looks like in the light. The picture is from Emory Coons who made mine. He's THE best. I also have a knife by Kenny Hull -- included. It's probably a 3" blade - 9" total with an African elk horn handle.

Dan M.
14-07-2015, 01:08 AM
Wow, that's way bigger than I thought it would be! I wonder how many he broke before he perfected the best way to knap that out? That's beautiful! And I love the colors in the knife blade in the other picture. And I didn't know there were elk in Africa.

4AMNTN
14-07-2015, 01:16 AM
Yep they look like our elk/antelope . They kinda have "ringed" horns they remind me of Texan Longhorns - kinda. oh trust me i'd rather had an elk from here upper/ or Canadian but this look was perfect.
Thanks! Look him up, I emailed and asked about the eagle & he sold me one. Ken Hull gave me his info.
And for the guys out there he does the playmate / mud flap chic! [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4AMNTN
15-07-2015, 04:27 PM
Well, trying to get on Amazon PRIME day - like everyone else. It keeps crashing! So, I'll keep trying.

Meg
16-07-2015, 05:09 PM
I didn't even bother! Did you eventually get on, 4A?

4AMNTN
17-07-2015, 02:07 AM
Yes I bought shoes (shocker & they came today!) and a dvd
Not in the specials

Meg
17-07-2015, 03:12 PM
Ooooh, shoes :clap:

4AMNTN
17-07-2015, 09:01 PM
Hey! Does anyone know the date's significance ? Port Chicago.
My Great Uncle was there when it happened. He's passed now, I guess 4 years. The local news used to interview him about it. Y'all should look it up .

4AMNTN
18-07-2015, 03:59 PM
Kinda on the Dan note about houses & upkeep. We have FINALLY finished the garage that we started on what? week of May? We still need shutters, ours are old & gonna be a hard match to find. And paint the passenger doors white.
oh, here's a better view

Meg
20-07-2015, 01:19 PM
Nice when a project gets finished...or pretty close!

momckee
20-07-2015, 07:03 PM
Heading for my afternoon nap shortly, we were out for lunch, visited the nursery, bought a couple of plants, bought bread and some scones from the bakeshop, nice to get home to the cool temp, outside is not really pleasant.

4AMNTN
25-07-2015, 01:14 AM
We were just wondering when fall gets here

Meg
29-07-2015, 08:17 PM
In Central FL it'll be almost Christmas before we get to see 'fall' :lol:

Fiona
30-07-2015, 03:15 PM
It's 0015, I'm at work and watching the cricket. I've done my rosters and now apart from phone calls the shift is my own.

Meg
30-07-2015, 09:03 PM
I should probably be working, but it's one of those days where I can't get motivated to start any new projects...just daily tasks are getting done so the in-box doesn't overflow. And I'm taking my time with everything rather than hurrying so it appears I'm busy allllll day. Wrong I know, but I'm sure I'm not the only one who has days like this...days where you want to be at home reading.

4AMNTN
31-07-2015, 05:09 PM
Don't be too hard on yourself Meg!

We're off to look at ANOTHER truck. Lord! what's the attraction? It's like REALLY expensive shoes & purses I guess?

momckee
31-07-2015, 05:22 PM
Just got back from bruch with Neil and family, they head back home tomorrow on an early flight. Nice to spend time with them.

4AMNTN
01-08-2015, 12:33 AM
Yes! It's my most favorite thing ... Family !

4AMNTN
01-08-2015, 04:12 PM
NOTHING!!! We've had 2 of the most beautiful days, low humidity & the temps not even 90. Today's a little warmer, & tomorrow warmer still. The house is clean, clothes caught up on & I think I'll stroll the little ones around! -grill out later & have a nice drink, yea!

(someone's been shooting for the last 20 minutes - bullets are too expensive to just "shoot the sh*t", am I right???) --- we have a small family of wild turkey's. The mom has left them alone, the poults?are so cute. They're doing the SAME EXAXCT thing as they did when she was around, eat our new grass & run & hide - awwww.

Fiona
02-08-2015, 06:02 AM
It's Sunday afternoon and I'm listening to the afternoon staff at work prattling on. Thirty minutes down, eight hours to go.

Meg
04-08-2015, 01:51 PM
NOTHING!!! We've had 2 of the most beautiful days, low humidity & the temps not even 90. Today's a little warmer, & tomorrow warmer still. The house is clean, clothes caught up on & I think I'll stroll the little ones around! -grill out later & have a nice drink, yea!

(someone's been shooting for the last 20 minutes - bullets are too expensive to just "shoot the sh*t", am I right???) --- we have a small family of wild turkey's. The mom has left them alone, the poults?are so cute. They're doing the SAME EXAXCT thing as they did when she was around, eat our new grass & run & hide - awwww.

Depends on the bullets & maybe what's expensive to me (or you) isn't to whoever it is just shooting at whatever moves (or a target...that's what I shoot at).

- - - Updated - - -

Don't be too hard on yourself Meg!

We're off to look at ANOTHER truck. Lord! what's the attraction? It's like REALLY expensive shoes & purses I guess?

Trucks ARE like expensive shoes...you have to find the right color & the perfect fit. :lol:

Gismo
04-08-2015, 02:01 PM
Back to reality, fly out to work today

4AMNTN
04-08-2015, 03:19 PM
:wave:Awww Gis. Take care! send any great pictures our way!

Gismo
04-08-2015, 04:05 PM
:wave:Awww Gis. Take care! send any great pictures our way!Will do :thumbsup:

4AMNTN
05-08-2015, 03:52 PM
lazy day. just having a lazy day. cooler, tho humid, possible rain the next 2 days. got the blahs.

momckee
05-08-2015, 04:31 PM
Reorganized the container flowers, some of which succumbed to the heat and I replaced them. Cooler today, heavenly.

Just had a print delivered from an art supplier of Tom Thomson's The Pool. He is one of Canada's Group of Seven painters and we have two others of the Group in the living room. I have a really large framed print which really needed a wall to itself so now it will be taken down to make room for the smaller picture beside the other two, don't know what to do with the large one as at one time it had a wall to itself. It is of a snow scene and I found it a very calming picture but now I like more colour. I think large pictures are now not so popular unless, of course, they are originals and we don't have that kind of money!

Hubby is away to the framing gallery to get the picture framed, doesn't let the grass grow under his feet!

4AMNTN
05-08-2015, 09:12 PM
Nice that the two of you like pictures & can agree on one. I can but Kevin will change his mind in a month or less.
That's why he doesn't "do" tattoos. I have 3

momckee
06-08-2015, 01:56 AM
No posts for a while - death in the family

Fiona
06-08-2015, 03:29 AM
Nice that the two of you like pictures & can agree on one. I can but Kevin will change his mind in a month or less.
That's why he doesn't "do" tattoos. I have 3

What do you have and where? I have two, one of a seahorse and another of African drums. Both are on the lower back on each side, about 5x2.5cm each in size. I'm going for a third on my left wrist when I reach 400 donations at the Blood Bank, so 2017 would probably be the year. It will be written in Latin - always and forever. One is for my niece and the other for my favourite cousin who died four years ago, so they will never lose their meaning and appeal for me.

Did you have a look at facebook for any of us? It's a whole new world going into fb.

Gismo
06-08-2015, 07:30 AM
No posts for a while - death in the familySorry to hear Mo, thoughts with you at this time

4AMNTN
06-08-2015, 02:07 PM
Oh -- sorry to hear. Thoughts are with you.

4AMNTN
06-08-2015, 03:16 PM
Fiona! YES! I saw y'all! I was so excited I was grinning. So many people I remembered from before. Does anyone know why LD doesn't post anymore? She & Neil & Vince were ones I always wonder about, the other will sneak in a post every once in a while. I'll be at "work" this afternoon so I'll check again.

I have 3 sharks around my left ankle: Great White '94, Hammer Head 04? & Tiger Shark '07?When I worked (nurse) I'd wrap an ace bandage around my ankle. Do you just really like SeaHorses & the sound of those drums, or? I always wonder what makes people get tattoos - the in memory of thing I understand.

Deanie
06-08-2015, 04:58 PM
Sorry for your loss, Mo.

Meg
07-08-2015, 01:58 PM

Sorry to hear Mo.

- - - Updated - - -

Fiona! YES! I saw y'all! I was so excited I was grinning. So many people I remembered from before. Does anyone know why LD doesn't post anymore? She & Neil & Vince were ones I always wonder about, the other will sneak in a post every once in a while. I'll be at "work" this afternoon so I'll check again.

I have 3 sharks around my left ankle: Great White '94, Hammer Head 04? & Tiger Shark '07?When I worked (nurse) I'd wrap an ace bandage around my ankle. Do you just really like SeaHorses & the sound of those drums, or? I always wonder what makes people get tattoos - the in memory of thing I understand.

I usually don't 'do' tattoos, but that's because I don't like needles. But there was a great slideshow of little tattoos that I posted on FB not too long ago...and I'm beginning to rethink this. We do have a tattoo policy at work that they can't be visible so I'd have to get it somewhere discreet.

Style
07-08-2015, 04:48 PM

Sorry for your loss...

momckee
07-08-2015, 07:27 PM
thanks for the good thoughts, eldest son died on Wednesday in hospital, aneurism, funeral Monday. Am pretty messed up but kept busy helping his wife make funeral arrangements etc. as she is a terrible state. Thanks again.

4AMNTN
07-08-2015, 08:26 PM
Oh my Mo. So sorry for your loss. Thoughts & prayers are with you & your family.

Dan M.
07-08-2015, 09:50 PM
thanks for the good thoughts, eldest son died on Wednesday in hospital, aneurism, funeral Monday. Am pretty messed up but kept busy helping his wife make funeral arrangements etc. as she is a terrible state. Thanks again.

Oh Maureen, that must be so devastating! My thoughts and prayers will be with you and the family over this weekend, and on Monday, and in the days to come. Please accept a big e-hug.

Fiona
08-08-2015, 12:07 AM

Oh Mo! Not good, not good at all. Love, prayers, hugs and condolences to you all.

- - - Updated - - -

My niece and I like seahorses, although I'm not sure if she still does and my cousin was a good drummer. He had lots of tatts of his favourite drummers and other stuff. I'd like a hedgehog too as I have a Pandora bracelet with just them on it and love them.

momckee
08-08-2015, 03:59 AM
Thanks to all for the good thoughts, they do help, just have to keep on taking a day at a time. Feeling stunned.

4AMNTN
08-08-2015, 06:24 AM
I can't imagine Mo. I'm guessing this wasn't something known - something dr.'s were watching? This was out if the blue? How old? Family? Such a shock - I'm so sorry. ( answer in time if you want)

Deanie
08-08-2015, 05:27 PM
Mo, I'm so sorry for your devastating loss. Thoughts and prayers to you, hubby, and family. And a comfort hug from me to you.

Brouwer
08-08-2015, 09:08 PM
Mo, so sorry for your loss. Must be devastating. My thoughts are with you and your family.

Katie
09-08-2015, 05:17 AM
Oh, Maureen--I am so sorry to hear this. What a terrible loss. I'm keeping you and your husband and daughter-in-law--and all your family--in my thoughts and prayers, and will step it up on Monday. I don't know what to say, but please know that we are here and we care about you.

momckee
09-08-2015, 10:49 PM
Thanks for all the good thoughts and wishes, they are really very much appreciated. Mo

Dan M.
10-08-2015, 05:47 PM
I'm praying for you today, Mo.

Meg
10-08-2015, 09:01 PM
Mo, I'm praying for you and your family. Cry when you want to cry, talk to someone who will just listen & let you cry...it helps immensely!

momckee
10-08-2015, 11:20 PM
Thanks to all for the kind and thoughtful words, it was Donald's funeral today and now that the people have gone home we will be trying to find ways to cope with the terrible sense of loss and sadness. However, life goes on and we have to do our best to cope. Sincere thanks to all. Mo

Dan M.
10-08-2015, 11:58 PM
Thanks to all for the kind and thoughtful words, it was Donald's funeral today and now that the people have gone home we will be trying to find ways to cope with the terrible sense of loss and sadness. However, life goes on and we have to do our best to cope. Sincere thanks to all. Mo

I will continue to think of you and pray for you, Maureen. I can't imagine how hard this must be.

Gismo
11-08-2015, 07:44 AM
No words to describe what you're going through Mo, all i can ever hope for is that you can find some peace.
I am also grieving for a lost close relative but in no way do i want to imterfere on your situation.

4AMNTN
11-08-2015, 03:54 PM
Well, my goodness Gis. You too?

momckee
11-08-2015, 07:31 PM
There's nothing I can think of which produces as much pain as death of a loved one. Sorry for your loss Gismo.

Dave and I are trying to carry on as usual and keeping busy, it's going to take a while for the full impact to hit but life goes on and we have to manage as best we can.

Fiona
12-08-2015, 05:17 PM
Thoughts are with you too Gismo. Both of you, remember your family members with love, laughter and smiles. xx

Dan M.
12-08-2015, 10:42 PM
Gismo, condolences and prayers to you too.

Gismo
13-08-2015, 07:38 AM
Yep, sadly, a 26 years of active duty and retired senior chief sadly passed on Sunday.
59 years old a great man and i know the expression is used a lot, but, this was truly an exceptional man, always helpful, always there, will be sadly missed by all the family.
RIP Mike, gone but never ever forgotten

Style
13-08-2015, 01:22 PM
So sorry for your loss Gis...

4AMNTN
13-08-2015, 03:40 PM
Oh, Gis again sorry for the loss of what sounds like a great friend & co-worker.

Gismo
13-08-2015, 04:35 PM
Thanks folks, he wasn't a co-worker, he was my wife's Uncle, but, felt a lot closer than that, funeral tomorrow and i can't make it due to being away, but, i'll have my wee moment of celebration for him at the same time as back home

Deanie
13-08-2015, 05:59 PM
I'm sorry for you and your family's loss, Gis.

Katie
14-08-2015, 05:44 AM
Giz, I'm so sorry to hear that. He sounds like a terrific man--so sorry for your loss.

Maureen, all the prayers and good thoughts. I thought about you all day on Monday, and am continuing to hold you in my prayers. To have lost a second son is beyond unfair, and ...I just don't have the words. Prayers for peace and healing for you and your husband, for your son's family. I hope his wife is doing better, though I can't imagine how she could be.

momckee
15-08-2015, 02:41 AM
Hi Katie: Am in the dazed stage right now, or feeling like it's just a bad dream, the odd crying jag, but mostly try to distract myself with reading or watching tennis. Kind of like being in a parallell universe, hubby says the same thing, 'can't believe he's gone'. I should explain that Donald has not been well for several years now with various ailments, mostly to do with terrible weight gain which in turn aggravated hip problems which couldn't be fixed unless he lost a lot of weight. It caused him a great deal of pain, however, he managed to carry on working and they provided him with a motorized chair, he was a shipper/receiver and also helped in purchasing for a company which did testing for industry. He had been at work the day before he died. What actually caused his death was an aneurism, he had a weak spot in an artery leading to the heart, I guess the aorta, and with all his other problems it probably put too much of a strain on the artery. It was a terrible shock to all of us including all his workmates and his wife who fortunately has many relatives here who have been staying with her for the last week. He was well liked and also well loved by all of us, he's safely away from all of his pain now so I have to keep reminding myself of this. Will stop now before I have a meltdown. Thanks again for the sympathy and support.

Katie
15-08-2015, 07:19 PM
Oh, Mo. (hugs) Yes, there is some comfort in knowing that he's safe, and nothing can get to him. I'm glad Donald's wife has family to help. Sending love and prayers to you, Maureen.

Style
17-08-2015, 02:41 PM
Heading to California for a family vacation and to visit my son on Wednesday. We will spend a couple days in/near LA then fly to San Fran for 5 days...

4AMNTN
17-08-2015, 03:36 PM
Oh! Have fun Style. :wave: San Fran had an Earthquake earlier today I believe!

Dan M.
17-08-2015, 06:11 PM
Heading to California for a family vacation and to visit my son on Wednesday. We will spend a couple days in/near LA then fly to San Fran for 5 days...

Oh good, this heat wave we're having will have subsided by then. Hey, if your schedule isn't too packed, I'd be open to a meet-up, be it just a handshake or whatever.

Style
17-08-2015, 10:12 PM
Oh good, this heat wave we're having will have subsided by then. Hey, if your schedule isn't too packed, I'd be open to a meet-up, be it just a handshake or whatever.

Would be cool with me, but my daughter advised that she has us pretty booked. Are you near San Fran?

4AMNTN
18-08-2015, 12:08 AM
Isn't Dan in the LA area more than San Fran?
Don't cha just love that this is possible?

Meg
18-08-2015, 03:14 PM
Yeah Dan is in LA. It is really great that we can meet when we travel!

Fiona
18-08-2015, 03:36 PM
I love it that the possibilities are there to meet up. A few already have met. I'd love to but logistically it would be very expensive and take a while.

4AMNTN
18-08-2015, 04:10 PM
We've always wanted to go "down under". I wanted to see The Great Barrier Reef & the Opera House in Sydney & maybe visit a Shark Research place, buy some Harley shirts for us & friends. But most of all ! go watch The Crocodile Hunter perform. After his death, I just was bummed out. It looks beautiful down there! except for your HUGE spiders.

4AMNTN
18-08-2015, 04:30 PM
Meg: aren't you from the Jacksonville area?

Fiona
18-08-2015, 05:35 PM
We've always wanted to go "down under". I wanted to see The Great Barrier Reef & the Opera House in Sydney & maybe visit a Shark Research place, buy some Harley shirts for us & friends. But most of all ! go watch The Crocodile Hunter perform. After his death, I just was bummed out. It looks beautiful down there! except for your HUGE spiders.
None of those areas are anywhere near me. Sydney is the closest which is about an hour and twenty flying. I'm further south in Melbourne which for the fifth year in a row has been voted the world's most liveable city. As for our spiders, it would depend on where you were as to what sort you'd encounter.

4AMNTN
18-08-2015, 07:42 PM
Though I could see a trip for a shark week encounter with Paul de Gelder!
[emoji4][emoji39][emoji5]️

Meg
19-08-2015, 02:29 PM
Meg: aren't you from the Jacksonville area?

Just south of Cape Canaveral...only about 2 1/2 hours from Jacksonville.

Dan M.
19-08-2015, 11:01 PM
Would be cool with me, but my daughter advised that she has us pretty booked. Are you near San Fran?

I'm south of LA in Orange County, about 10 minutes straight west of Disneyland.

Meg
20-08-2015, 02:03 PM
That's why you're always there, right!?
I'm about an hour east of Disneyworld.

Style
20-08-2015, 04:28 PM
I'm south of LA in Orange County, about 10 minutes straight west of Disneyland.

I'm in la now. Only here today - heading to Santa Monica area for the day. I'll shoot u my cell # and u can give me a buzz if a meet is possible.

4AMNTN
20-08-2015, 04:37 PM
Fun! Wishing fun ur way Style.

Deanie
20-08-2015, 05:11 PM
Me too, Style. ENJOY!

Dan M.
20-08-2015, 05:15 PM
I'm in la now. Only here today - heading to Santa Monica area for the day. I'll shoot u my cell # and u can give me a buzz if a meet is possible.

Aw, I was hoping you'd be doing something down here in Orange County, but today should be a beautiful day in Santa Monica! I hope you're going to the pier! If I was able I'd head up there and say "Hi" but that's an hour there and an hour back if traffic is good, and I can't squeeze that in. Oh well. One of these days I will meet a honest-to-goodness Reacher Creature face to face.

Style
20-08-2015, 07:53 PM
Lovin ur weather Dan, but hatin on the traffic and hazy skies...

Ate at The Griddle this morning - holy crap was that delicious. Largest pancakes ever!

Dan M.
21-08-2015, 08:30 PM
Lovin ur weather Dan, but hatin on the traffic and hazy skies...

Yeah, there are a handful of fires burning locally that are just making our regular haze worse. And Hollywood traffic is bad even by Los Angeles standards.

Ate at The Griddle this morning - holy crap was that delicious. Largest pancakes ever!

I've never eaten there, but I bet Elvis Cole and Harry Bosch have. That's right down the hill from them.

Fiona
22-08-2015, 04:56 AM
Knowing that, I'd be going for a ride up that hill and scope out the area.

Meg
27-08-2015, 05:02 PM
Looking forward to seeing John Michael Montgomery in concert tonight! So not focused on work right now. :beer:

4AMNTN
29-08-2015, 07:46 PM
Oh the memories Meg! Hope u had fun!

loridee
29-08-2015, 09:06 PM

froggie & loridee's
Totally Superb, Freaking Awesome, Wondiferous 2015 Amstercation

momckee
30-08-2015, 01:15 AM
Translation, you're going to visit Froggie? Hope you have a great time.

Fiona
30-08-2015, 05:43 AM
What fun for you both. Australia still beckons one day?

Gismo
30-08-2015, 08:27 AM
Another work day for me, not so much hard as having to be there :lol:

4AMNTN
30-08-2015, 03:52 PM
outside work today. removing summer flowers & cutting back tree limbs (again), weed killer hopefully for the last time this year, cleaning gutters, ?gonna hire a landscape company to design our front beds?

Meg
01-09-2015, 03:25 PM
Oh the memories Meg! Hope u had fun!

I had a great time reliving my teenage years! No new music, but it was great to hear all his songs from the 90s!!
Only bad thing was the A/C was broken... :(

loridee
02-09-2015, 12:21 AM
Yes I'm going to froggie's place and then we are going to Amsterdam for about a week together to do some sightseeing and shopping. Then I hop on the death train and go on to Paris for a week. I have couple of cooking classes scheduled, a few private tours, a rented motorbike for a day, and a river cruise. Just gonna kick back and chillax.

I love the idea of coming to Australia but thinking about doing the travel time is a buzz kill. I'm thinking Italy for a 2week overland tour is next up.

momckee
02-09-2015, 04:12 AM
Sounds like quite an adventure. Are you going to start doing chef type work Lori, you are pretty good at the food preparation already, maybe thinking of catering? I hope you and Froggie have a great time, I'm sure you will.

Katie
13-09-2015, 02:20 AM
Sounds fantastic, Lori Dee! Hope you and Froggie have a great time.

momckee
13-09-2015, 04:04 AM
Just seeing what's happening on the forum at this time of night before I go to bed. It's really quite cool outside so good sleeping weather, different from what we had last week, heat and humidity has gone and hopefully it stays away.

4AMNTN
14-09-2015, 01:09 AM
Got home from the fair. No good eats[emoji53]but we did watch a little of the Titans game! Put our heated cat bed out for Mama Kitty. It's supposed to be 46!

momckee
14-09-2015, 04:32 AM
Just finished watching the finals of the Men's Singles at the U.S. Open. Unfortunately, my favourite player, Roger Federer, was bested by Novak Djokovic, it was a good match though.

Read a couple of pages of a new book by an author who is new to me, Karin Fossum, Into the Dark, she is a Norwegian writer with an Inspector Sejer being her main character. I'm enjoying it, she is often referred to as the Norwegian Queen of Crime.

4AMNTN
26-09-2015, 03:22 PM
Good of you to keep up with that Mo. I don't know many that follow tennis here. Golf, yes.

I'm trying to think what to fill FALL containers with. Checking the internet, gonna have to make a nursery run soon!

Katie
26-09-2015, 08:33 PM
I'm missing Maggie Griffin--Webmaven Maggie. Anybody know how she's doing?

Fiona
27-09-2015, 12:41 AM
It's Sunday morning and I'm at work - what's new. Making up my hours as I'm doing a couple of months of nights. It's a part time position and I'm full time. I hate making up my hours.

momckee
27-09-2015, 04:38 AM
I'm missing Maggie Griffin--Webmaven Maggie. Anybody know how she's doing?

Katie, Maggie's picture was on Facebook, she probably is on FB herself if you want to contact her.

- - - Updated - - -

It's Sunday morning and I'm at work - what's new. Making up my hours as I'm doing a couple of months of nights. It's a part time position and I'm full time. I hate making up my hours.

If you're full-time why do you have to make up your hours doing a part-time position?

Meg
28-09-2015, 02:21 PM
Maggie is on FB. She posts sometimes into the Reacher Creature page.

Fiona
28-09-2015, 02:57 PM
Katie, Maggie's picture was on Facebook, she probably is on FB herself if you want to contact her.

- - - Updated - - -

If you're full-time why do you have to make up your hours doing a part-time position?

I am the reliever for the department, so whoever's off for illness, holidays etc is covered by me. As a full timer I work a 40 hour week. If I am covering a position that's not 40 hours (and the department has a few), I have to make up my hours to 40. Sometimes this can mean that I'm an extra person on that day. I am contracted to work a 40 hour week as a base. Of course it can include overtime hours and shifts on top of that. My penalty rates vary too as I cover all shifts. I'd hate to go back to 'regular' hours.

Gismo
28-09-2015, 03:17 PM
Should be my last day at home, but, due to a tax issue in Africa i am paid to be at home for a week, i'll be doing some work from home, but, it'll be more relaxed

momckee
28-09-2015, 07:33 PM
Glad you can get the extra 'holiday' :) Gis.

I'm trying to stay out of the way of my friend who is busy vacuuming and dusting and making everything neat and tidy. She's worth her weight in gold. I just have to put things back the way they were before she started but that's easily done. I often wonder what my mother would think about me having someone else to clean my house but I try to not feel guilty.:o

4AMNTN
29-09-2015, 01:47 AM
This week starts my Clean like your momma's comin'. My b-day is the 9th & they're going to be here!!!! Also Kevin is having his 12 & 13th kidney stone RIGHT NOW! Today we spent 3 hours in the office to confirm a 3/4" AND a 1/2 " stone in the left kidney. Thank God for Percocet!!! We'll be in Litho all day tomorrow. Is this an ok time to say my back hurts???[emoji58]

momckee
29-09-2015, 04:39 AM
Hope your husband gets rid of the bothersome kidney stones and stays clear of them, can be really painful from what I hear. And it's o.k. to say your back hurts.:)

Meg
29-09-2015, 01:18 PM
I've heard kidney stones are painful. Hope he gets rid of them soon...then no more!

Style
29-09-2015, 01:25 PM
Kidney stones are the worst pain I ever endured. Women who have had them say that it is worse than childbirth! The drugs are awesome to take the edge off...

Good luck to him 4A.

Deanie
29-09-2015, 06:01 PM
Best wishes that your husband's kidney stones will soon be gone, 4A.

4AMNTN
30-09-2015, 12:54 AM
Thank u to all. "Blasted" a 9x16 stone he has a stent & whoa is that painful! The other stone had to be left in. Will do it in 2 weeks. Thank goodness for [emoji381][emoji381][emoji381][emoji381][emoji381]

momckee
30-09-2015, 04:02 AM
Ouch 4A, doesn't sound at all pleasant. Give him my best wishes for a pain-free recovery!

4AMNTN
30-09-2015, 08:16 PM
Today he feels ok just the stent bothers him - " where it went in" - he's having most of his pain in that location. [emoji13]
Thanks for the well wishes !

4AMNTN
09-10-2015, 02:42 PM
Today we are going to look for landscaping ideas. pot a few pansies, fall containers. THEN this weekend we are going to DECORATE FOR FALL! yea!

Meg
09-10-2015, 06:09 PM
I'm still waiting for 'fall' to appear....pretty sure it'll be here by Thanksgiving!

Katie
10-10-2015, 06:57 PM
Hope your husband's feeling better, 4AM. And Happy Belated Birthday! (Hmm. This is as close as I can come to a cake): :chef:

momckee
10-10-2015, 10:31 PM
Just got home from a lovely Thanksgiving lunch at a friend's house. We got lost on the way there and ended up about 20 miles beyond where we needed to be - took us 2 hours to get there and 35 minutes to come home. Lunch was lovely though so it cancelled out the frustration of not being able to find our way. We really need a GPS sytem in the car if we're going to go any distance. :(

4AMNTN
11-10-2015, 01:42 AM
Katie: thank u for the B-day wish! We'll "do" my B-day this coming weekend, here. I've been cleaning all week & I have yummy food planned!
Kevin's not doing good. He's passed 23 pieces of stone - rather large - since his procedure. He's still in a lot of pain. We"ll call the dr Monday.

Thanksgiving, Mo ???

momckee
11-10-2015, 03:43 AM
Sorry I missed wishing you a Happy Birthday 4A - Hope you have a pleasant weekend although it sounds as though Kevin is having a rough time. I hope the pain killers give him some relief.

4A - Thanksgiving in Canada is this weekend - it coincides with harvest time.

4AMNTN
11-10-2015, 01:23 PM
Thanks for the holiday information Mo. I didn't know that!
This is our 3rd round since going to bed last night. Percocet not much help. Nothing can be done - so he rolls around in pain & I sit by him with water, a cool rag & a towel for the nausea. COME ON MONDAY!!!!!!!

momckee
11-10-2015, 05:19 PM
Ouch, he must be in awful pain, I hope the stones all go away soon. Good that he has a nurse looking after him.

4AMNTN
11-10-2015, 06:36 PM
Thank u Mo!![emoji40]

4AMNTN
12-10-2015, 08:03 PM
Ok an update. Surgery scheduled AGAIN for a cysto with laser followed by litho. He has 3 pieces that won't pass 6mm and the 8mm stone still left in the kidney. Oh & 2 stones in the RIGHT kidney oh boy!!!

momckee
13-10-2015, 04:24 AM
Ok an update. Surgery scheduled AGAIN for a cysto with laser followed by litho. He has 3 pieces that won't pass 6mm and the 8mm stone still left in the kidney. Oh & 2 stones in the RIGHT kidney oh boy!!!

Poor man, and poor you too, it's worrying when your partner isn't at all well. Hopefully they can get the stones removed successfully. What is it that causes stones to form and is there a way to avoid future ones?

Brouwer
13-10-2015, 10:50 AM
Poor man, and poor you too, it's worrying when your partner isn't at all well. Hopefully they can get the stones removed successfully. What is it that causes stones to form and is there a way to avoid future ones?

My father in law had the same. He never complained about anything, but this pain was something else.
Hope they can blast those stones to smithereens. All the best for you and your partner.

Style
13-10-2015, 04:11 PM
4A - You likely already know this, but after his current situation is taken care of he should adjust his diet. Below are some of the things that are recommended:

stay away from high-oxalate foods (e.g., spinach, french fries, beets, potato chips, nuts, etc)
eat calcium-rich foods
don't overdo vitamin C
drink a lot of fluids (especially lemonade)
don't overdo proteins
reduce sodium in diet

Also, I've been told to stay away from all types of tea.

4AMNTN
13-10-2015, 04:41 PM
yep Style waiting on this latest stone analysis. Last time they were Uric Acid stones, not Calcium Oxilate. Weird, huh?
Thank for all your well wishes. I appreciate it, I KNOW THIS IS A REACHER SITE, so thank u!

Meg
14-10-2015, 02:40 PM
We're all here because of Reacher, but it's great that we also can share what's happening other than Reacher. Prayers for you & yours 4A!

Deanie
14-10-2015, 06:14 PM
4A, I hope this Ordeal will soon be over for Kevin and you ~ and that he will have a speedy recovery and that your stress level will be able to go way down.

Katie
21-10-2015, 03:00 AM
Hope things are better, 4AM. Mo, still thinking of you.

momckee
21-10-2015, 04:07 AM
Hope things are better, 4AM. Mo, still thinking of you.

Thanks Katie - How is hubby doing 4A?

4AMNTN
21-10-2015, 06:19 PM
Oh he's ok ... Just passing what they call "pieces" that look suspiciously like large stones. 6 yesterday. His next surgery is planned for December. We're seriously thinking about cutting into the kidney and taking the stone out hole. It's 8mm unpassable and he's pretty sick and tired of passing all of these pieces from previous surgeries that are supposed to take care of the stone supposed to obliterate it supposed to disintegrate it supposed to make it like sand - that has not been the case that is totally false, untrue and we're shocked.
Thank you so much for asking I'll let him know that is very nice. All of you.

momckee
21-10-2015, 08:22 PM
4A Sounds like maybe another opinion is called for or can you ask to have some other specialist look or are you locked in with the one you have?

momckee
19-02-2016, 10:15 PM
Have some (more) sad news in our family. My brother who lives just outside Vancouver, B.C. was showing signs of dementia or what we thought was maybe small strokes but the horrible diagnosis is Stage 4 brain cancer. The family is in shock and my sister in law and son and daughter plus other relatives are spending all day with him at the hospital while he waits to get a placement in a hospice. He always said he wanted to be able to look after Pat (his wife) as she has macular degeneration, so he was her eyes and did the driving etc, but otherwise she's in good health, now she is the one trying to look after him. She will have to either move in with their daughter or maybe a retirement home as she won't be able to manage too well in the house by herself. It's just a really awful situation. So any and all prayers and good thoughts for them are most welcome. I would like to be able to go and see him but I'm not in tip top shape myself to be able to travel. Life gets kinda depressing but we have to manage as best we can.

Gismo
20-02-2016, 01:26 AM
Have some (more) sad news in our family. My brother who lives just outside Vancouver, B.C. was showing signs of dementia or what we thought was maybe small strokes but the horrible diagnosis is Stage 4 brain cancer. The family is in shock and my sister in law and son and daughter plus other relatives are spending all day with him at the hospital while he waits to get a placement in a hospice. He always said he wanted to be able to look after Pat (his wife) as she has macular degeneration, so he was her eyes and did the driving etc, but otherwise she's in good health, now she is the one trying to look after him. She will have to either move in with their daughter or maybe a retirement home as she won't be able to manage too well in the house by herself. It's just a really awful situation. So any and all prayers and good thoughts for them are most welcome. I would like to be able to go and see him but I'm not in tip top shape myself to be able to travel. Life gets kinda depressing but we have to manage as best we can.Really sorry to hear that Mo, thoughts with you at this time

4AMNTN
20-02-2016, 02:23 AM
Mo so sorry to hear. Wow. We have a GOOD friend 52 diagnosed with stage 4 brain CA. Only sx was dizziness. Vanderbilt said it was in operable and to get ur affairs in order ... I believe it was Duke university somewhere in North Carolina he went three weeks later and they removed it successfully.
What a tragedy this sounds like, my thoughts are with you.

momckee
20-02-2016, 03:27 AM
Thanks Gis and 4A - my brother is 84 so not a candidate for surgery even if it was operable, they are not even considering radiation as the effects of it could destroy more of the brain. So it's a case of making him comfortable and I believe that the hospice arrangements are really good, they are really patient centred and the care is excellent. Each patient has his or her own room with tv and if they are able to move around there is a lounge and a kitchen where meals are made. It's definitely better than trying to cope at home.

4AMNTN
20-02-2016, 05:32 PM
Sounds like a good plan for him Mo.

I didn't do anything all week - haven't been out of the house since LAST Saturday. So I've got to go to Publix today. On a Saturday ? am I crazy! I've been trying to cook new meals this year, this week it's chicken & homemade dumplings. EVERYONE cross your fingers, ha!

Deanie
20-02-2016, 06:39 PM
My thoughts and prayers are with your family, Mo.

momckee
21-02-2016, 05:17 AM
Thanks Deanie, just got word that my brother has been moved into a hospice today, one of the most heartbreaking things for the family when they visit is that he keeps asking when he can go home. I think he'll be fine when he settles into the routine of the hospice, they take really good care of the patients and the surroundings are just like being in a home. Thanks again for your thoughts and prayers.

momckee
21-02-2016, 10:36 PM
Just small moment of satisfaction for me today, we were at the grocery store, Dave had gone in to get a couple of things, and when he came out I said "why don't I drive home from here" - this may sound like nothing but I haven't driven for about 2/3 years as I had some sort of phobia about it and today I drove for the first time again, didn't hit anything, drove smoothly, Dave wasn't white knuckling in the passenger seat, so I feel a bit of satisfaction. Whether this continues is anyone's guess but I hope it may be the end of me having a fit of the wobblies about driving the car,I certainly hope so but I'm not counting my chickens yet!

4AMNTN
22-02-2016, 12:08 AM
Wow! Mo! I can't Imagine going that long without driving . Mine's about 3 weeks . Any particular reason? Why you haven't? Then just on a whim drove today? Good for you!

momckee
22-02-2016, 06:28 AM
Wow! Mo! I can't Imagine going that long without driving . Mine's about 3 weeks . Any particular reason? Why you haven't? Then just on a whim drove today? Good for you!

I had panic attacks in the car and so avoided putting myself in that situation. I'm hoping I'm over them but no guarantee!

4AMNTN
22-02-2016, 04:37 PM
oh Mo. ok. sorry to hear that. My mom went through that after a BAD car accident. She's better - tho - she drives slower & stays back from cars in front. Something we're used to now. Well, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

Deanie
22-02-2016, 06:19 PM
Good for you, Mo!

Gismo
22-02-2016, 06:40 PM
Dentist today, need another crown :angry:

momckee
23-02-2016, 02:20 AM
Thanks Deanie ----- Sorry to hear about another dental visit Gis. Expensive too no doubt!

4AMNTN
23-02-2016, 03:13 AM
Oooo a visit to the Dentist makes me a nervous wreck. I have to go Thursday. My December surgery still hurts everyday. So another xray.
I'm feel in' ya Gis.

momckee
23-02-2016, 05:04 AM
Good luck with your dental probs Gis and 4A - not much of a fan of the dentist myself. Hope they get your surgery sorted 4A.

4AMNTN
23-02-2016, 06:02 PM
Thanks Mo! The only good thing about going to the dentist is SHE'S MY SISTER! But it's an almost 2 hour drive, another good thing? it's free & I can totally trust her. I have unbelievable pressure in my jaw & my lower jaw & teeth hurt. We'll see...

Gismo
23-02-2016, 07:06 PM
Good luck with your dental probs Gis and 4A - not much of a fan of the dentist myselfSo, need yet another crown, on the upside i am getting a pool heater installed today :clap:
I wouldn't have bought it had i known i was losing my job

Deanie
23-02-2016, 07:26 PM
Losing your job, Gis? I'm sorry. Did y'all finish what you were working on over there; I forget where. Africa?

Gismo
23-02-2016, 07:59 PM
Losing your job, Gis? I'm sorry. Did y'all finish what you were working on over there; I forget where. Africa?Thanks to the very poor oil price my project was terminated, so, no work to do.
Can't see anything being available in the very near future, but, we will soldier on

4AMNTN
23-02-2016, 08:33 PM
Sorry to hear about the job ... You'll be glad to be home won't you? Hope u enjoy the pool heater we only used ours once or twice in 4 years.
Get that crown!! I miss having full function when I eat!

Style
24-02-2016, 04:50 PM
Thanks to the very poor oil price my project was terminated, so, no work to do.
Can't see anything being available in the very near future, but, we will soldier on

Wish you luck on some work in the near future Gis.

Meg
24-02-2016, 06:09 PM
Mo, you & your family are in my prayers. Glad you got to drive. I love to drive...hope you keep it up!

Gis, best at the dentist for the crown. Sorry about the job...another will come around just when you need it most. At least that's what always happens for me!

momckee
25-02-2016, 05:47 AM
Pulling for you Gis that the right job lands on your doorstep.

We had kitchen mini-blinds installed today, I had made lined curtains about 10 years ago (when I knew how to thread my fancy sewing machine) and had been taking them down each Spring to wash and put back up again and thought I'd like a change. Am thrilled at how neat and tidy the mini-blinds look and I don't have to pull them right up to let in the light, they are just fine opened. Don't know why it has never occurred to me before.

Katie
26-02-2016, 03:30 AM
Giz, sorry to hear about the job.

Mo, the right window treatment makes all the difference, doesn't it?

4AMNTN
26-02-2016, 04:51 PM
Hi Katie! Nice to see you here!

Meg
26-02-2016, 05:00 PM
Taking a vacation day from work! Went to see Travis Tritt last night...was awesome. I took a few pics but most are blurry. Was way to excited & the amount of caffeine I consumed in order to stay awake didn't help me keep my hands steady!!

4AMNTN
26-02-2016, 10:54 PM
Yea! For u Meg.

Katie my sister's on her way to the UP to Marquette for the high school skiing weekend!!! (let's hope the bridge is open)

momckee
27-02-2016, 04:21 AM
Have been watching some tennis, Dubai and Acapulco. A lot of money can be earned in the top results. The winner at Dubai will receive half a million dollars. I guess the players have to pay their coaching staff and entourage, but it really is big business.

4AMNTN
29-02-2016, 02:40 AM
Well obviously I'm NOT watching the opening for the oscars - nor the show.
If your work is rewarding u should b rewarded .
----- not every kid gets a trophy ---- well maybe today's kids do - [emoji848]

momckee
29-02-2016, 05:43 AM
Giz, sorry to hear about the job.

Mo, the right window treatment makes all the difference, doesn't it?

Just love my blinds - way neater than curtains although I was so proud of my effort when I made them.

- - - Updated - - -

4A - +My sister watches the Awards as she likes to see what the women are wearing - I don't think I've ever watched them or maybe once and got fed up with all the thanking of everyone, found it all kinda boring.

Katie, Gis is looking for some input about a story for 7 year olds, I thought maybe it was a bit advanced for that age but figured you'd have a better idea as you write for young adults?

4AMNTN
29-02-2016, 02:33 PM
Mo we've gone with faux white wood blinds for all our windows. Curtains only on a few. The blinds gave a nice upper molding valance that's really nice - no curtain needed.[emoji846]

4AMNTN
29-02-2016, 03:44 PM
I don't really watch the Oscars, I usually just catch E! the next day. The dresses this year overall were GOOD. Olivia Munn, Charlize Theron, Helen Lasichnhe? which was Pharrell's date, Eniko Parrish Kevin Hart's date, and I loved the color & liked the dress Matt Damon's wife had on - BUT the "velcro" looking swatches were not attractive on this dress. and Sly Stallone's wife. These were my favs. :thumbsup:
And the "what were they thinking": Kate Winslet, Amy Poehelr, Mark Ruffalo's wife, Hedi Klum, Serena Williams, Zooey Deschanel -- so far :rolleyes:

And to the ladies that wear ALL SEQUIN gowns … I guess it must have to be the right color, dress style & BODY type or else they come off looking like some type of FISH. Someone please slip that bit of advise in there! :idunno:

momckee
29-02-2016, 06:00 PM
4A - I laughed at the picture in the paper of Sly Stallone's wife, I thought she had forgotten to put a dress on over her underslip or chemise or whatever the garment is usually called under a dress. It must have looked better from your angle. :)

On a more serious note thought I'd share this family news:

Have been thinking a lot about my brother who is now in a hospice in Surrey, British Columbia. Ken is 83 and has lived a good life with few health problems so when he was diagnosed recently with brain cancer it was a huge shock to the whole family. It is only in the brain, nothing in the rest of his body. The oncologist said it was a case of bad luck, they don't know what causes this type of cancer. He is in no pain whatsoever which is a great blessing and does not know why he can't go home. His wife Pat is at the hospice daily.

Ken and Pat met on board the Empress of France, the ship which brought our family to Canada in 1953, a real shipboard romance which has lasted over 60 years. They have a son and daughter and four grandchildren, all of whom are rallying around and providing comfort and help to each other.

Didn't want this to be maudlin, just sharing some thoughts about family.

Dan M.
29-02-2016, 08:21 PM
I'm sorry you're clear on the other end of the country from your brother at this time, Maureen. :rain: It would be nice if you guys could see each other again. Prayers to you and your family.

momckee
29-02-2016, 08:48 PM
Thanks Dan, would really like to make the trip but 5 1/2 hours on the plane are just not feasible as I have trouble with both knees and back. I might need some medical attention myself by the time I got there. I phoned the hospice today to see how he was and they were all for putting me through on the telephone to his room - I told them that the phone confuses and upsets him, tried to talk to him in January when he first showed signs of dementia and it really upsets him, just had them pass a 'hello' message along to him. His short term memory is almost nonexistent now. It's all very sad.

4AMNTN
29-02-2016, 09:04 PM
Thoughts are with you Mo. Thank you for sharing that sweet story. Oh - Video chat? With your grandchildren - while their there? Bless Pat too

momckee
29-02-2016, 11:06 PM
Thanks 4A.

4AMNTN
04-03-2016, 04:05 PM
straightening my "ironing room". I've been lazy all winter with WHERE I've been putting clothes, etc. now I have a big sloppy mess! ugh - not my favorite thing.

Deanie
04-03-2016, 07:19 PM
I do not like to iron therefore I make it a point that when I go shopping I look closely at the tags on the items I'm interested in buying. Oh, this is a pretty blouse. Where's the tag? Oh, Okay. It says Wash & Wear. Non-Wrinkle. I buy it, wear it, and wash it. Take it out of the dryer and WHAT's This? Wrinkles! It'll have to be ironed! They must have meant the tag is wash & wear because the blouse has to be ironed before I can wear it again. I hate when that happens - and it happens a lot. False advertising is what it is.

And the tags on men's shirts which read Permanent Press - No Ironing....don't believe it!

4AMNTN
04-03-2016, 07:53 PM
Yeah I iron everything before I wear it. Mostly inside out...it lessens the "scorch" factor. I have clothes - u wouldn't believe! But I don't really go anywhere. I need to go thru & get rid of. Today turned out overcast & cold so once again I didn't go upstairs to clean - I made a pie & im reading.

4AMNTN
05-03-2016, 03:51 AM
Ok so I have an either or for chores tomorrow - it's going to be mid 60's & I can either clean the ironing room OROROR pick up sticks in the yard. I don't really see the point in that because we'll have a storm NEXT WEEK! This is starting up hurricane season so I say no thank u. I don't think we have enough crown here to even make it alittle fun.[emoji484] well maybe we do & maybe I can listen to pandora & I'll get to ride on the gator wear sloppy play clothes yeah this is sounding better..[emoji57]

Dan M.
07-03-2016, 11:30 PM
I'm checking every morning to see if my box turtle is rousing from hibernation. He usually spends mid-October to mid-March burrowed into a leaf pile. We had a couple of storms over the weekend (yay!) and the weather has cooled a little. Not sure if the rain will get him moving or the cool weather will keep him in his shell. We'll see.

4AMNTN
08-03-2016, 02:25 AM
That's funny Dan! Keep us updated . How cute!!!

momckee
08-03-2016, 04:56 AM
Yes Dad, would also like to know how the box turtle is doing - have you named it? Good that you had some of the wet stuff over the weekend.

4AMNTN
08-03-2016, 04:50 PM
Dan! just checked the box turtle's FB page. Update please!
And Gis, I couldn't find TBJ on FB. I did see a Jack Reacher, well 3-4 JR sites. Can I not just flat out say ... "come join us"? I don't do FB - what's the etiquette?

momckee
08-03-2016, 08:21 PM
Yes Dad, would also like to know how the box turtle is doing - have you named it? Good that you had some of the wet stuff over the weekend.

You've got a new name Dan, I called you Dad, perhaps thinking of you as the turtle's Dad, like we're Mom and Dad to our dogs. :lol:

4AMNTN
09-03-2016, 01:26 AM
Or Mo how every time I type ur name "it" changes to No...

Dan M.
09-03-2016, 02:42 AM
You've got a new name Dan, I called you Dad, perhaps thinking of you as the turtle's Dad, like we're Mom and Dad to our dogs. :lol:

Haha! His name is Chuck aka Chuck Norris (my daughter actually named him that because he was the runt of the litter of 8 hatchlings), aka on facebook as Chuck Turtlebefree.

Gismo
09-03-2016, 03:17 AM
And Gis, I couldn't find TBJ on FB. I did see a Jack Reacher, well 3-4 JR sites. Can I not just flat out say ... "come join us"? I don't do FB - what's the etiquette?

The Book Joint (https://www.facebook.com/groups/376727032396405/?ref=ts&fref=ts)

4AMNTN
09-03-2016, 04:27 PM
Yeah, I tried that, got a lot of other stuff … Ill look again tomorrow, thanks!

Dan looked in on turtlebefree … no new updates!

Meg
09-03-2016, 05:17 PM
I do not like to iron therefore I make it a point that when I go shopping I look closely at the tags on the items I'm interested in buying. Oh, this is a pretty blouse. Where's the tag? Oh, Okay. It says Wash & Wear. Non-Wrinkle. I buy it, wear it, and wash it. Take it out of the dryer and WHAT's This? Wrinkles! It'll have to be ironed! They must have meant the tag is wash & wear because the blouse has to be ironed before I can wear it again. I hate when that happens - and it happens a lot. False advertising is what it is.

And the tags on men's shirts which read Permanent Press - No Ironing....don't believe it!

I don't like ironing either & am beyond frustrated when things come out wrinkled! For my work clothes I generally hang those to dry instead of putting them in the dryer...seems to help a little with the wrinkling situation. I told my BFF when her son got married that I must really like her because I ironed the dress I wore....it was way to wrinkly even for my standards! :lol:

4AMNTN
09-03-2016, 08:24 PM
Funny Meg!

Dan M.
10-03-2016, 02:08 AM
Yeah, I tried that, got a lot of other stuff … Ill look again tomorrow, thanks!

Dan looked in on turtlebefree … no new updates!

Well, Chuck is still under his leaf pile. He can't update until he's out and about.

4AMNTN
10-03-2016, 04:41 PM
funny Dan. Glad to hear it.

4AMNTN
11-03-2016, 06:27 PM
Goin' tree & shrub shoppin'![emoji268][emoji269][emoji253]
UDATE were just gonna consult a landscape designer. (Which I said last year ...and the year before & the year before ) finally he agrees

4AMNTN
12-03-2016, 02:23 AM
Time changes this weekend! [emoji800][emoji788][emoji792]

momckee
12-03-2016, 02:43 AM
Not too happy about losing the hour, usually feel a bit stunned (more than usual) for a few days. :(

4AMNTN
13-03-2016, 05:52 PM
only two clocks left to change & they're heavy - will do them later what a rainy dark day today

momckee
13-03-2016, 11:28 PM
Still on standard time in my head!

Meg
14-03-2016, 06:31 PM
I really dislike the time changes & how it messes with my sleep! I do look forward to it staying light later though. :sun:

momckee
15-03-2016, 04:10 AM
Having a tough time catching up with the day!:confused:

4AMNTN
12-05-2016, 03:21 PM
Yeah, still can't pull up new news on Chuck the turtle.

momckee
12-05-2016, 07:35 PM
About to have my afternoon siesta after a rough morning watching the match between Nadal and Kyrigos, the young Australian who is playing good tennis, when he behaves himself.

Gismo
13-05-2016, 12:22 AM
So, while the site was down and as i am unemployed my search for a new business venture finally resulted in me buying an e-commerce site.
A shameless plug here :rolleyes:
It's an online store that sells the Ibis & Orchid (https://www.ibisandorchiddesign.com/index.php) range of night lights, lamps, vases, clocks, votives etc.
The Ibis site is a wholesaler and you have to own a business to buy from them, i have the exclusive link on their site to my site Brownsmark (http://www.brownsmark.com)

I'd be interested in any opinions if anyone ventures on it to have a look, purchases are purely your choice :thumbsup:

momckee
13-05-2016, 12:47 AM
Good for you Gis. I'm glad that you have started up on your own, I hope it's a success.

4AMNTN
13-05-2016, 03:21 PM
Having to take my 17lb 11 year old cat DOT to the Vet this am. Her nails are SO LONG!!!!! she looks like she's walking in thick mud, her claws catching the carpet, it's painful 7 painful to watch. She's a big un' I can't carry her and the carrier so I've recruited Kevin to help. Plus she's gonna FLIP OUT. She hasn't been to the Vet since she as a kitten.

Dan M.
13-05-2016, 04:45 PM
...i have the exclusive link on their site to my site Brownsmark (http://www.brownsmark.com)

I'd be interested in any opinions if anyone ventures on it to have a look, purchases are purely your choice :thumbsup:

Gis, the link doesn't work here, nor from the Ibis & Orchard website.

Gismo
13-05-2016, 05:29 PM
Gis, the link doesn't work here, nor from the Ibis & Orchard website.The site just transferred to my name, it's using a temp url at the moment,but, the redirect is working, try again :thumbsup:
And now fully propogated to the correct url

Deanie
13-05-2016, 05:59 PM
Pretty mdse, Gis. I wish you all the best in your new venture.

I've got my eye on that cute football nightlight.

4AMNTN
15-05-2016, 05:48 PM
Today is a big ol' nothing day. Woke up to 41 degrees, it's beautiful & a little cool out. First "free" day from being home from our anniversary trip (that we changed to NYC). My family did Mother's Day yesterday - it was nice. Gotta love/honor those Mother's!!!
Went to NYC for our 25th anniversary. Did the World Trade Center, ate at ONE Dine, ate at The River Cafe (a must for ANYONE going into NYC) saw The King & I with Daniel Dae Kim. Body World in Times Sq. The park was beautiful!!! Usually in December it's kinda "dead". Rode the carousel, The park & NYC was alive with trees and flowers, just really pretty! Stayed at TRUMP on CPW, we had the best park view room! If anyone is going to go to the Thanksgiving Day parade, you should book this hotel with a park view! 4th floor.
AND … we went to the Meow Parlor (no, not that kind) people PAY to have time with cats to pet & feed them, just to relax & be with cats. It was soooo cute!!! We also did something I was very into. Last year we watched a AMC program on The MAKING OF THE MOB. It was excellent! So, this year on our way back to the airport (LGA) we had our driver stop by St. John's Cemetery & I found Lucky Lucania's grave. Wow! Gotti was in the mausoleum - we didn't go in there, but I was most interested in Lucania - plus his home before living in the Waldorf over on 10th st. That's near Doc Holiday's if anyone goes into NYC.
Fun, Fun FUN!

Deanie
15-05-2016, 06:48 PM
Congratulations to you and hubby on 25 years of marriage, 4A. Sounds like you had a great anniversary trip to NYC. Thanks for sharing.

4AMNTN
15-05-2016, 08:08 PM
oh check out our dessert from the River Cafe ...

4AMNTN
15-05-2016, 08:18 PM
other ...

- - - Updated - - -

and a few more

4AMNTN
15-05-2016, 08:34 PM
here

- - - Updated - - -

and here

4AMNTN
15-05-2016, 08:39 PM
last two

4AMNTN
15-05-2016, 08:56 PM
1. our dessert at The River Cafe 2. Luciana's grave at St. John's Cemetery - Queens, 3. DISCOVERY'S Body World @ Times Sq.
4 & 5 are building WE ALL READ ABOUT: 4. 1 Police Plaza it's the red building to the left. 5. 26 Federal 6. The Louis Vuitton America's Cup (sailboat racing) was going on Saturday May 7th while we were there … this is the view from INSIDE the WTC.
7. our room view looking out & down. 8. The High Line in NYC - it's the converted railroad (ELEVATED) which they have tress, flowers, food courts, etc. 9. our room view looking out - (you can see the building where Meet Joe Black was filmed) at one time the MOST EXPENSIVE apartment in NYC.
10. the reflecting pools looking down from the 101st floor of the WTC - the white "bird-like" building is the transportation HUB. 11. the Carousel in Central Park! 12. inside view from The River Cafe - see why it's a must?

momckee
16-05-2016, 04:01 AM
Pictures of your trip 4A?

4AMNTN
16-05-2016, 03:41 PM
Yes! thought y'all might like to see some of the things "we"hear about. I had 1 PP and 26 Fed on my list for a while; but as you can see they had it blocked off & it's a nice sized chuck of land & trees, and walk ways, nice newer buildings. I was surprised.
Being into the medical field & favorite books about medical forensic y'all should google Discovery's BODY WORLD. WOW!!! Since Kevin is a kidney stone factory (he's currently "holding" 16 & 17 in the right kidney) he was amazed at how small the renal system was. The woman's body was especially well presented I thought.

4AMNTN
16-05-2016, 04:07 PM
Gis, checked over the your site. Nice! Really lovin' the Calla Lily things. esp the table vase!!!

4AMNTN
28-05-2016, 02:56 PM
Well, this week was the 7th week of our Sheriffs "classes". And wow! We went through our county jail. It holds 400 inmates, male & female on misdemeanor up to felony. It would seem I would do EVERYTHING I could to stay out of that place! It was clean, calm, didn't smell as bad as I was expecting. But we need more jailers. And OMG, the inmates are pampered. Good Lord! If you commit a crime & are charged, I'm not opposed to loosing MANY MANY MANY rights. That's the punishment. or it should be!! No deterrent in this country! THAT'S our problem.

momckee
29-05-2016, 03:59 AM
Sounds like a bit of an eye opener 4A!

Meg
01-06-2016, 02:12 PM
Wow...400. When the jail was built here in this county it was built for just under 400. Now they have 'tents' and the whole complex holds up to 1500. I think they actually have about 1300 'permanent' folks. And yeah I'd do everything possible to not be there, but for a jail it's pretty comfy and possibly WAAAAY better than what some of them are used to.

http://www.brevardsheriff.com/home/commands-services/jail-complex-court-services/jail-complex/

momckee
02-06-2016, 02:33 AM
Looked up your link Meg and it seems really well organized, saw the dog adoption notice, prisoners get to adopt dogs to look after?

Meg
02-06-2016, 04:27 PM
If I'm remembering correctly, they work with the dog for obedience training, learn grooming & even vet assistant training. And the training helps get the dogs adopted out...I'm sure they can adopt once they're out.

momckee
03-06-2016, 04:01 AM
Sounds like a good scheme Meg, give them something positive to do.

Gismo
03-06-2016, 01:42 PM
Power washing the pool area and the enclosure to make it looking nice for my family arriving for their vacation next week.
Had to hand wash the screened enclosure it was that bad :o

Meg
03-06-2016, 02:40 PM
Sounds like a good scheme Meg, give them something positive to do.

I think it's a great program...need to have a skill otherwise it's just a repeat...no one wants to hire them, so they go back to what they know...which puts them back in jail.

4AMNTN
03-06-2016, 03:50 PM
Last night was our last in class class. Next week is firearms & permits. We already have ours so we won't go - we have to travel up to MI for a graduation anyway. BUT, last night we did SWAT, is was good! He set off a FLASH BANG in the room (I'm still coughing) & used a rubber bullet. WOW that thing was LOUD!!!! We looked closely at the AR-15, the GLOCKS, the 45 light weight assault rifle, a Taser gun & we wore bullet proof vests through the class. FUN!!! He went over their procedures, we saw several "what went wrong videos". Those were bad, & sad. How things can go wrong in seconds & YOU HAVE TO DECIDE SHOOT OR NOT?!?!?!?! We graduate in 2 weeks!

- - - Updated - - -

Meg, thanks for the info. Your Sheriff cars look just like ours! I had to look up Sprung Tent, tho from the picture I thought it was the caterpillar/balloon structures. :) And those are cost effective? and fool proof? I'll show our Sheriff those, actually the Deputy Sheriff & Kevin are tight, I'll send your link.

4AMNTN
04-06-2016, 03:22 PM
OMG. I think I've messed up. Finally downloaded El Capitan ... WHERE ARE MY iPhotos??????????? ok I have found them & started PHOTO.
BUT BUT BUT, where are my 20+ "saved" emails ... very important emails!!! THEY are gone???

4AMNTN
05-06-2016, 03:37 PM
OK... I've found my iPhotos in another photo folder - more like my iPhone.
But! my SAVED emails are gone. They were saved, you know, FOR A REASON! maybe I should be on the RANT section?

Gismo
05-06-2016, 04:11 PM
OK... I've found my iPhotos in another photo folder - more like my iPhone.
But! my SAVED emails are gone. They were saved, you know, FOR A REASON! maybe I should be on the RANT section?

Good about the photos, but, not so good for your e-mail, could they be in the trash folder?

momckee
05-06-2016, 07:05 PM
Hubby spent a lot of time yesterday moving the sprinkler to various parts of the gardens to make sure everything got watered well, then last night the heavens opened and we had a deluge which lasted for hours, we could have saved some money on our water bill if we knew this was going to happen. Quite often rain is predicted and we don't see a drop then there's the other times.:(

Meg
06-06-2016, 08:44 PM
Last night was our last in class class. Next week is firearms & permits. We already have ours so we won't go - we have to travel up to MI for a graduation anyway. BUT, last night we did SWAT, is was good! He set off a FLASH BANG in the room (I'm still coughing) & used a rubber bullet. WOW that thing was LOUD!!!! We looked closely at the AR-15, the GLOCKS, the 45 light weight assault rifle, a Taser gun & we wore bullet proof vests through the class. FUN!!! He went over their procedures, we saw several "what went wrong videos". Those were bad, & sad. How things can go wrong in seconds & YOU HAVE TO DECIDE SHOOT OR NOT?!?!?!?! We graduate in 2 weeks!

- - - Updated - - -

Meg, thanks for the info. Your Sheriff cars look just like ours! I had to look up Sprung Tent, tho from the picture I thought it was the caterpillar/balloon structures. :) And those are cost effective? and fool proof? I'll show our Sheriff those, actually the Deputy Sheriff & Kevin are tight, I'll send your link.

Not sure about foolproof, but I haven't heard of any jail breaks from them!

- - - Updated - - -

Hubby spent a lot of time yesterday moving the sprinkler to various parts of the gardens to make sure everything got watered well, then last night the heavens opened and we had a deluge which lasted for hours, we could have saved some money on our water bill if we knew this was going to happen. Quite often rain is predicted and we don't see a drop then there's the other times.:(

Seems like it will be very rainy here the next day or so...Tropical Storm Colin is making his presence known!

4AMNTN
06-06-2016, 10:13 PM
Mo I do that a lot! Don't know what it is but I finally say I've got to water & then yep later that evening it will rain. Ugh! What a waste[emoji97]

momckee
07-06-2016, 04:20 AM
Won't have to water for a while yet, another deluge today - weird weather.

Gismo
07-06-2016, 12:45 PM
Rain has finally disappeared and i'll get to cut my grass today

momckee
08-06-2016, 03:10 AM
Waiting for my Kindle to recharge - have a couple of books going.

4AMNTN
13-06-2016, 04:15 PM
Well found out we're doin Fathers Day here.
Now I'm in a mad rush to clean the house figure out menu & theme!!!

Meg
14-06-2016, 06:16 PM
Finally able to get out of the heat. Radio reprogramming the last 2 days & it was about 102 yesterday...so stinkin hot to be doing anything but laying around the pool!

4AMNTN
14-06-2016, 07:31 PM
We love our bird feeders. So does this little guy! How cute is this???

momckee
15-06-2016, 04:17 AM
Really cute, he looks tuckered out by the heat!

Meg
15-06-2016, 01:18 PM
very cute! he looks done with the heat :)

4AMNTN
15-06-2016, 03:27 PM
heat or his full tummy! He GOT IN the bird feeder (you can see the lid is off) and ate & ate & ate!

Deanie
15-06-2016, 06:36 PM
Not too fond of squirrels because we're overrun with them. And the hateful things tease my four-legged boy, Fielder, unmercifully.

4AMNTN
15-06-2016, 08:47 PM
I bet Deanie. We don't intend to feed them. It's SAFFLOWER, with Red Pepper Flakes in it!!! But the chipmunks OMG they're so cute! And we have a new family of Skunks, there are 5. They're about the size of my hand & the tail is as long. Cute Cute Cute!!! Our Turkey hasn't been back in several weeks I thought maybe she had laid her eggs & is watching them ??? Then we finally saw 2 deer yesterday - our pear tree is FULL! Haven't seen any groundhogs this year, but they LOVE our tomatoes so we'll see.....

momckee
16-06-2016, 04:13 AM
Quite a lot of wildlife you have 4A. We just have rabbits and squirrels and the rabbits are kind of partial to the petals of some of the flowers.

4AMNTN
16-06-2016, 03:37 PM
Yes Mo. It's nice. We do have rabbits, they stay very near the tree line tho. The only things we have that our wildlife eats is the groundhogs/woodchucks that eat our tomatoes. I love watch our new skunks. I read that they can't spray until about 5 weeks. I'm sure these are older than that; but not by much. So tiny & cute!

Deanie
16-06-2016, 05:57 PM
I'd love your tomatoes too, 4A. We've been buying fresh garden grown tomatoes from Farmer's Markets and road-side stands. So good! I'm going to hate having to go back to buying those tasteless things from the grocery store that they try to pass off as garden tomatoes.

4AMNTN
16-06-2016, 08:45 PM
I know. And some stands here that sell Florida tomatoes ... they've been picked too early then MADE to ripen. they look frozen inside & sound like the scene out of Psycho. I love a fresh tomato! BLT's are the best in the summer; I could live off of them. Ours are green now, Planted them around May 1st, little yellow flowers showed up around June 1st - so we should have ready tomatoes by July 1st or so!!!

momckee
17-06-2016, 03:45 AM
No local tomatoes yet, ours have a few flowers but another month maybe before ripening. The ones we buy at the store sometimes are hard as anything and have very little flavour.

Deanie
17-06-2016, 07:27 PM
Sack me up some, 4A. I'll be by the first week in July. :)

4AMNTN
18-06-2016, 06:32 AM
I wonder ...[emoji534][emoji534][emoji534][emoji534]

momckee
18-06-2016, 11:00 PM
Hiding in the house with the AC on - too hot for me outside. I complain about the cold and look forward to the warmth but then I find it gets too hot. About 70 degrees is nice!