No announcement yet.

What are you doing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks folks, he wasn't a co-worker, he was my wife's Uncle, but, felt a lot closer than that, funeral tomorrow and i can't make it due to being away, but, i'll have my wee moment of celebration for him at the same time as back home
    I haven't failed, i've merely found 10,000 reasons why it didn't work

Comment

I'm sorry for you and your family's loss, Gis.

Comment

Giz, I'm so sorry to hear that. He sounds like a terrific man--so sorry for your loss.

Maureen, all the prayers and good thoughts. I thought about you all day on Monday, and am continuing to hold you in my prayers. To have lost a second son is beyond unfair, and ...I just don't have the words. Prayers for peace and healing for you and your husband, for your son's family. I hope his wife is doing better, though I can't imagine how she could be.

Comment

Hi Katie: Am in the dazed stage right now, or feeling like it's just a bad dream, the odd crying jag, but mostly try to distract myself with reading or watching tennis. Kind of like being in a parallell universe, hubby says the same thing, 'can't believe he's gone'. I should explain that Donald has not been well for several years now with various ailments, mostly to do with terrible weight gain which in turn aggravated hip problems which couldn't be fixed unless he lost a lot of weight. It caused him a great deal of pain, however, he managed to carry on working and they provided him with a motorized chair, he was a shipper/receiver and also helped in purchasing for a company which did testing for industry. He had been at work the day before he died. What actually caused his death was an aneurism, he had a weak spot in an artery leading to the heart, I guess the aorta, and with all his other problems it probably put too much of a strain on the artery. It was a terrible shock to all of us including all his workmates and his wife who fortunately has many relatives here who have been staying with her for the last week. He was well liked and also well loved by all of us, he's safely away from all of his pain now so I have to keep reminding myself of this. Will stop now before I have a meltdown. Thanks again for the sympathy and support.

Comment

Oh, Mo. (hugs) Yes, there is some comfort in knowing that he's safe, and nothing can get to him. I'm glad Donald's wife has family to help. Sending love and prayers to you, Maureen.

Comment

Heading to California for a family vacation and to visit my son on Wednesday. We will spend a couple days in/near LA then fly to San Fran for 5 days...

Comment

Oh! Have fun Style. San Fran had an Earthquake earlier today I believe!

Comment

Originally posted by Style View Post
                  Heading to California for a family vacation and to visit my son on Wednesday. We will spend a couple days in/near LA then fly to San Fran for 5 days...
                  Oh good, this heat wave we're having will have subsided by then. Hey, if your schedule isn't too packed, I'd be open to a meet-up, be it just a handshake or whatever.
                  sigpic The rules are: There ain't no rules.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan M. View Post
                    Oh good, this heat wave we're having will have subsided by then. Hey, if your schedule isn't too packed, I'd be open to a meet-up, be it just a handshake or whatever.
                    Would be cool with me, but my daughter advised that she has us pretty booked. Are you near San Fran?

Comment

Isn't Dan in the LA area more than San Fran?
                      Don't cha just love that this is possible?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Yeah Dan is in LA. It is really great that we can meet when we travel!

Comment

I love it that the possibilities are there to meet up. A few already have met. I'd love to but logistically it would be very expensive and take a while.

Comment

We've always wanted to go "down under". I wanted to see The Great Barrier Reef & the Opera House in Sydney & maybe visit a Shark Research place, buy some Harley shirts for us & friends. But most of all ! go watch The Crocodile Hunter perform. After his death, I just was bummed out. It looks beautiful down there! except for your HUGE spiders.

Comment

Meg: aren't you from the Jacksonville area?

Comment

Originally posted by 4AMNTN View Post
                                We've always wanted to go "down under". I wanted to see The Great Barrier Reef & the Opera House in Sydney & maybe visit a Shark Research place, buy some Harley shirts for us & friends. But most of all ! go watch The Crocodile Hunter perform. After his death, I just was bummed out. It looks beautiful down there! except for your HUGE spiders.
                                None of those areas are anywhere near me. Sydney is the closest which is about an hour and twenty flying. I'm further south in Melbourne which for the fifth year in a row has been voted the world's most liveable city. As for our spiders, it would depend on where you were as to what sort you'd encounter.

Comment

Working...
                                X