Happy 4th weekend!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy 4th weekend!

Yes, yet another beautiful table my mom set for us. The whole family was there, TN, AL, & MI represented for the USA. We had 1,000+ in fireworks, but it rained all day & stormed into the night, we got to set off 4 fireworks.
    Attached Files

July 4th is so full on compared to our equivalent on January 26th (Australia Day). One thing the Americans and British do well is pomp and ceremony. Is it full on for the Canadians or are they more like us and it's very laid back?

Comment

I missed it this year being in Africa, always a good time
      I haven't failed, i've merely found 10,000 reasons why it didn't work

Comment

We celebrate Canada Day on July 1, parties, barbecues, fireworks at night.

Comment

I went kayaking, cookout & fireworks in the neighborhood...some folks dropped some serious $$ on fireworks!
          Did you hear about the guy in Vermont (?) New Hampshire (?) who died after lighting a firework on top of his head?! Sad, but I wonder what people are thinking when they do things like this. His mom wants tougher restrictions on getting fireworks & to have a safety course...is that really necessary? Do we have to tell people not to put explosives on their head?

Comment

Originally posted by Meg View Post
            I went kayaking, cookout & fireworks in the neighborhood...some folks dropped some serious $$ on fireworks!
            Did you hear about the guy in Vermont (?) New Hampshire (?) who died after lighting a firework on top of his head?! Sad, but I wonder what people are thinking when they do things like this. His mom wants tougher restrictions on getting fireworks & to have a safety course...is that really necessary? Do we have to tell people not to put explosives on their head?
            Apparantly we do. What a moron he was.

Comment

Young & drunk...but his friends were around. Said they told him not to but he did it anyway...I would have tackled someone who was trying to do that. Taken away the fireworks. Taken the lighter. Punched them...whatever it would take to stop them. Sad that we have to tell people common sense things!

Comment

Working...
              X