Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bookbub

Is anyone familiar with this?

You register (no charge), select your genre and each day they send you a few (2-4) titles that Amazon are offering either free or for a nominal amount. These Amazon offers often only last a day or two then revert to the original price.

I registered about a year ago and have read lots of new (to me) authors, some very good, some not so good.

Some days it offers the opportunity to introduce a friend so if anyone wants to be introduced send me a PM

Is that UK Amazon, YB? I haven't notice anything about Bookbub on US Amazon but I could have overlooked it. They're always offering some kind of deal; a couple of which I've taken advantage. Kindle Unlimited is one. These books we can read for free. And the early reads for each month for $1.99. At the first of each month they offer new releases that will come out later in the month and we can choose one to read early and cheaply. I've discovered new authors-to me.

Comment

I could be wrong but I don't think there is a connection between Bookbub and Amazon. As I understand it Amazon are constantly offering free or cheap deals but to find them would take a long time. Bookbub have done this for you. If you find one you are interested in a click on it transfers you to the Amazon site and you buy it from them.

I have not noticed if it is Amazon UK or US but as the prices are quoted in UK pounds I presume it is Amazon UK. if it is a Kindle book does it matter? Does Amazon UK know if you live in the UK or not? Are they bothered? I don't know the answer to these questions

Comment

Originally posted by YB View Post
        Does Amazon UK know if you live in the UK or not? Are they bothered? I don't know the answer to these questions
        I know I can buy "real" books from Amazon Canada using my US Amazon email & password because I've done it. I probably could from UK Amazon also. Or not. I'm not sure about ordering Kindle books though - whether I'd be able to get it or not. We've either talked about it on here or I saw something about this subject on an Amazon Help-Site.

Comment

Amazon.UK does not ship Kindle books - their technology isn't compatible with the US and Canadian systems. I can buy paper books from there no problem, just not Kindle. I can buy from Amazon.com but have switched to Amazon.ca and they don't like me switching back and forth although Amazon.com keeps sending me notice of books available?

Comment

There you go, YB. Asked and answered.

Comment

Amazon.UK does not ship Kindle books - their technology isn't compatible with the US and Canadian systems

Modern technology is wonderful (sometimes

So, are there any current Bookjoint members from the UK?

Comment

I don't think so, YB. Not now. Mo is from Canada and Brouwer is from the Netherlands.

Comment

I should maybe qualify my last post. I was saying the systems weren't compatible but what I neglected to say was The DVD's were not compatible, I had ordered one from the UK and it wouldn't play on my player, then I tried ordering a Kindle book and was told they didn't ship to Canada. Whether it was a digital problem or not was not explained so I figured it must be another incompatible problem. Sorry, it just dawned on me this afternoon that we were talking about two different items. Why they didn't realize the DVD wouldn't work here I don't know. Anyway, whether it might work in reverse, ie, The States to the UK I don't know it's worth a try if you're on Amazon anyway, they will tell you.

I'm an ex-pat from England so I still have the Brit affection in me.

Comment

Blackpool if I remember correctly. We go there several times a year along with St Annes. A day trip for us, only 75 miles.

How long ago since you were there, Mo? Have you ever been back?

Comment

We were back in Blackpool in 1987 and then went by train from there down to Holyhead and over on the ferry to Ireland and motored around there for a week or so. Dave wanted to visit Donegal as his ancestors had emigrated from around there many years ago, probably around the time of the potato famine. His family were Protestants in a primarily Catholic area. Not much chance of us travelling now, both of us have a problem with mobility and advancing years.

Comment

Originally posted by Deanie View Post
                        Is that UK Amazon, YB? I haven't notice anything about Bookbub on US Amazon but I could have overlooked it. They're always offering some kind of deal; a couple of which I've taken advantage. Kindle Unlimited is one. These books we can read for free. And the early reads for each month for $1.99. At the first of each month they offer new releases that will come out later in the month and we can choose one to read early and cheaply. I've discovered new authors-to me.
                        I get emails each day from Bookbub and Bookgorilla. Makes it easy to get way too many books on my kindle

Comment

So it seems there is a US version of Bookbub

Comment

Working...
                          X