No announcement yet.

Excerpt from unfinished story

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking forward to the finish, Dan. Good story thus far.

Comment

Me too Dan!

Comment

Originally posted by Dan M. View Post
        Well, I still haven't finished that story, but here's a link to where you can read it up to the point I've gotten (yes, I'm Moedad on the fanfiction website). It's getting long. Part of me wants to finish it now (one more chapter), and part of me wants to go make it even longer and get some BIG action in.

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/13014870/1/One-Man

- - - Updated - - -

Okay, Mo, I added a couple more chapters and you get a better sense of what is happening with the dog. This story is inching its way toward completion. The guest stars name has been mentioned. I have a big block of text that is written but I have to fill in some in-between stuff before I post it. Stan Reacher is a significant character in the unposted stuff.
        sigpic The rules are: There ain't no rules.

Comment

����

Comment

Originally posted by momckee View Post
            ����
            Haha! This is my fault for taking so stinking long to finish this story. If you read back a little in this thread, you'll find a post from you asking about what happened to the story about the man who picked up the stray dog on the road. That's the story in the link I posted. although the title has been changed to "Watch Me." It's still not done, but with the chapters I've added, you can see that the dog is going to be okay. I know exactly how I want this story to end now, but it keeps getting longer, so even though the end is in sight, it's still taking me a while to get to it. It's going to be a tough job, writing-wise, because this is going to be a crossover story, with two well-known characters, Reacher and Walt Longmire (three characters if you count Vic Moretti) but I'm kind of excited (and apprehensive because I have to try and get into Walt's head and his perspective on life, and I have to tone down Vic's "native vulgarity" at the same time) to see how it works out.

Comment

Well, I still haven't finished that story, but here's a link to where you can read it up to the point I've gotten (yes, I'm Moedad on the fanfiction website). It's getting long. Part of me wants to finish it now (one more chapter), and part of me wants to go make it even longer and get some BIG action in.

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/13014870/1/One-Man

- - - Updated - - -

I can't believe I started this "short" story 4 or 5 years ago and it's still unfinished. It's up to 13 chapters now. It just doesn't do what I think it's going to do. It goes off in new directions. Anyways, if you were once interested in it, there's more to read now. I've added 4 new chapters that have brought in a crossover character. If you've ever wondered what it would be like to have Walt Longmire (and Vic) encounter Jack Reacher, you might find it interesting. Reacher's dad, Stan, has a good chunk of the story. Also, there's a very brief appearance by Frances Neagley as well. Something for everybody, or too much going on?

Comment

Not too much going on. Eager for you to finish the story. It's really good, Dan.

Comment

Originally posted by Deanie View Post
                  Not too much going on. Eager for you to finish the story. It's really good, Dan.
                  Thanks, Deanie. I hope to finish it before I retire.

Comment

Added Chapter 14. I think I'm seeing light at the end of the tunnel.

Comment

Always good to have a project on hand n case of finding yourself with nothng to do.��

Comment

2:34 am - I FINALLY finished this story. https://www.fanfiction.net/s/13014870/1/Watch-Me

Comment

2:34 am - I FINALLY finished this story. https://www.fanfiction.net/s/13014870/1/Watch-Me
                          Well done
                          I haven't failed, i've merely found 10,000 reasons why it didn't work

Comment

Originally posted by Gismo View Post
                            Well done
                            Thanks, Giz. I'm kind of embarassed it took so long. I had no intention of it turning into a novella.

Comment

I know I posted after I finished reading the story but it isn't here. Maybe I posted in another thread. Good Grief! Anyway, Dan, I thoroughly enjoyed your 'novella.' I thought it was really good.

Comment

Thank you, Deanie. This was a fun exercise, but it's hard trying to write in two different character worlds. It's really hard trying to tone down Vic's profanity, ha!

Comment

Working...
                                X