2016 Summer Olympics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2016 Summer Olympics

Yes, Style… I've read about the conditions. WOW, amazing. What will they do? And now the political problems as well. Maybe "they" should look at the bigger picture when voting on WHERE it will be. Safety, cleanliness, facilities, room, ability to make the requirements BEFORE the start… etc. etc. etc. (The King & I) ha-ha!

Wow Style called it. The summer games seem "off". Not prepared & not clean, safe. I still will support our USA, of course!!!

Comment

Brazil could have taken the money it's spending on the Games and put it towards cleaning up the slums, etc in its cities or at least in Rio.
      From what I've read, the poorest people in Rio won't benefit at all. And some of the athletes are declining to attend because of conditions there.

Comment

Deanie that's funny/odd u say that. The book I just finished The Games by James Patterson was about that very topic. It was in the PRIVATE series. It wasn't his best book. But yes, it was about that- odd.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Not to sound all depressing and negative....it's usually that way. Those who need it the most generally don't get it. The benefits seem to go to line the pockets of those who need it the least.

Comment

https://www.rio2016.com/en/schedule-and-results the 2016 Olympic schedule. We like the gymnastics & diving the most.

Comment

2016 Summer Olympics

We watched something neat on tv ... Olympic trampoline!! Wow I'd never seen it! It was like diving & gymnastics ALL together. Only 3 countries competing- Canada won [emoji1063]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I've been watching the tennis and have seen some great matches, I like the rowing but I think it's maybe finished now although not sure. Watched some mighty men throwing the discuss today, they sure could toss it a long way.

Comment

Originally posted by momckee View Post
                  I've been watching the tennis and have seen some great matches
                  Hoping for history to be made today with Andy Murray defending his title, never been done before
                  I haven't failed, i've merely found 10,000 reasons why it didn't work

Comment

Andy M played really well, so did Del Potro, best match I've seen in a long time - and it was a long match. So Andy has the gold,good for him.

Comment

Didn't catch the tennis. We found a new feature on the TV that lets us watch 6 channels to see WHICH sporting event we want to watch. pretty neat. basketball men's & women's, diving, equestrian, gymnastics ... something else. It's the most TV Kevin has ever watched in one sitting in his life! He NEVER just "watches" TV. We prefer to record then FF thru commercials.
                      He did complain that in the women's basketball (a particular woman) WALKED WALKED WALKED!!! I thought it was funny.

Comment

Originally posted by 4AMNTN View Post
                        Didn't catch the tennis. We found a new feature on the TV that lets us watch 6 channels to see WHICH sporting event we want to watch. pretty neat. basketball men's & women's, diving, equestrian, gymnastics ... something else. It's the most TV Kevin has ever watched in one sitting in his life! He NEVER just "watches" TV. We prefer to record then FF thru commercials.
                        He did complain that in the women's basketball (a particular woman) WALKED WALKED WALKED!!! I thought it was funny.
                        Only one day left in RIO.
                        Not a bad result for the Netherlands: 8 gold, 6 silver and 4 bronze. We just missed out on a few team-sports (losing twice to the USA womens volleyball grrr...) but in gymnastics won a surprise gold. Also gold in open water swimming and sailing. Mountainbiking and women boxing still to come. Overall not bad for a country the size of the state of Maryland

Comment

Well done Netherlands. I think I'll be glad that it's all over but the shouting, it seemed as though I would find a sport I wasn't too interested in only to find it was on four channels. Watched the end of the Marathon, those men are great runners and the man who won actually sprinted when he got close to the finish, really amazing.

Comment

Didn't watch any of it...but have heard endless stories about the fake robbery of the swim team.

Comment

Originally posted by Meg View Post
                              Didn't watch any of it...but have heard endless stories about the fake robbery of the swim team.
                              Meg, you like to cycle. Did you see or read about Mara Abbott's race back in early August. The women's road race event?
                              sigpic The rules are: There ain't no rules.

Comment

Working...
                              X