• Show
Clear All

ONE week count down!!!

Comment

Brouwer, did you enjoy Night School?

Comment

Originally posted by Deanie View Post
        Brouwer, did you enjoy Night School?
        Great joy as always. I like it when Reacher goes back in time, before 9/11 and the smartphone.

Is this number 20 in the series? I read somewhere that Lee Child would write 21, so just one to go after this one?

Comment

No. I read an interview, yesterday or the day before, Lee gave and he has signed to write four more books. He said one of the books might be Reacher short stories that he'd written through the years.

Comment

Received Lee Child's email ... none of the cities he's going to are near me. They never are. Though I DO have his autograph. (emailed and asked & they sent me one)

Comment

He never comes around down here either. Veronica was able to go to see him one year & I mailed her 2 books to get signed!

Comment

Originally posted by Meg View Post
                He never comes around down here either. Veronica was able to go to see him one year & I mailed her 2 books to get signed!
                Lee who? There used to be a Lee Child who came here on tour every year. That was a few years back though.
                sigpic The rules are: There ain't no rules.

Comment

Ok been reading for 3 nights & only 20% into the book. This is usually a bad sign.[emoji53]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by 4AMNTN View Post
                    Ok been reading for 3 nights & only 20% into the book. This is usually a bad sign.[emoji53]
                    It builds, don't worry. That's one of the things I like when Lee uses 3rd person. He does a great job racheting up the suspense.
                    sigpic The rules are: There ain't no rules.

Comment

Thanks Dan about to start reading again - their headed back to Germany.
                      Have u watch Lethal Weapon yet?!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Confession time and I hope I don't get struck off the forum but I just couldn't bring myself to read Night School. I disliked the last book so much it has affected my attitude to this one. So I returned it. I still will want to hear what the rest of you think of it. I don't much care for prequels anyway. I tried the first 10 or so pages and wasn't interested. Sorry!

Comment

Originally posted by momckee View Post
                          Confession time and I hope I don't get struck off the forum but I just couldn't bring myself to read Night School. I disliked the last book so much it has affected my attitude to this one. So I returned it. I still will want to hear what the rest of you think of it. I don't much care for prequels anyway. I tried the first 10 or so pages and wasn't interested. Sorry!
                          Respect!
                          For me, the Lee Child/Reacher magic still works.
                          1. It's true, it needs a little bit of time to get going, but isn't that always the case with Reacher?
                          2. Love the setting, Hamburg (also a Hanseatic city like Zutphen with a 1000 year old history) and the connection with 'things to come'.
                          3. Some unsettling scenes in a Reeperbahn Keller, Lee Child doesn't shy away from the raw nineties. You will understand once you get there.
                          4. ...and the Dutch get a mention on page 156!

Here an extract:
                          "The T-shirt was black, and spun from a fine grade of cotton. It cost about four times what he was accustomed to paying. But it fit. Germans were tall, on average.
                          Not as tall as the Dutch, who were worlds champions, but taller than Americans, as a whole"

It's true, I'm somewhere between 5'10/5'11 and most of the time I'm the smallest in the room!

Comment

You have surprised me there Mo, I thought you were a big Reacher fan.

Comment

Everyone is more than welcome here Mo, though the site was borne from the death of the actual Reacher Creature forums my aim is to entice book readers in general and if they like Reacher too then that's a bonus for the Reacher fans.
                              I haven't failed, i've merely found 10,000 reasons why it didn't work

Comment

Originally posted by YB View Post
                                You have surprised me there Mo, I thought you were a big Reacher fan.
                                I was a big Reacher fan but his last book really put me off, thought the subject matter was horrible, however I may regret what I did.

Thanks Brouwer, for the outline, does sound that I may have been hasty, however, there is a good fairy around so all is not lost. Time will tell.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks Gis, as I said in a post above I may regret my decision once I read the posts of those who have read and enjoy it so there is room to change my mind.

Comment

Working...
                                X