No announcement yet.

Night School

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, Mo. I AM having a hard time with it. SPOILER: SPOILER: SPOILER: I'm back in Germany, but really ... it's a weird assignment to me & no one sharing? I don't get so far. And to add to that I didn't care for LC last few Reachers. But I thought a flashback would be great!

HOPEFULLY I'll be finished by next weeks releases that I'm wanting to read.
    Last edited by 4AMNTN; 12-11-2016, 04:47 PM.

Comment

An anonymous Good Fairy dropped a copy into my IPad of Night School in case I regret the fact that I returned my copy. This way I will be able to read it if I change my mind once I start reading how good it is from other people. So let me know once you've read it fellow forumers.

Comment

SPOILER SPOILER

I started reading Night School yesterday evening and thought the first chapter was Reacher at his analytical best. His thought process is one of the amazing things about him. And yes, sometimes I wish he would act and not think so much. But it's part of who he is and this was Reacher doing a mental battle and winning. Thoroughly enjoyed it.

Comment

Originally posted by 4AMNTN View Post
          Thanks Dan ... Have u watch Lethal Weapon yet?!!
          No, but I *did* see a commercial!
          sigpic The rules are: There ain't no rules.

Comment

Originally posted by Brouwer View Post
            3. Some unsettling scenes in a Reeperbahn Keller, Lee Child doesn't shy away from the raw nineties. You will understand once you get there.
            Unsettling??? I can't come close to fathoming the obscene depths of experience one would need to plumb BEFORE getting to the point of enjoying the activities so briefly mentioned in those couple of scenes.
            sigpic The rules are: There ain't no rules.

Comment

Brouwer: and a Tennessee mention 1/2 way thru!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I took a couple of weeks to get to 2/3 through, then just barrelled my way through the rest to finish it. I wasn't particularly grabbed by it, and as someone said on the Reacher Creatures FB page that he was still in the Army, so couldn't go and do the kick arse stuff we're used to. I skim through those bits anyway usually then reread them to get them physically correct. I don't mind retrospective books from time to time but I prefer the real time ones. There were a few 'Reacher said nothing' sentences, but they felt trite and silly after the first one. Thankfully the 'romance' bits weren't dwelt on too much, unlike that one with the train. Yikes! That was a cringefest.

Comment

Haven't heard too much that's positive about this prequel so don't know whether or not I'll read it. I always find it strange going back to the beginning knowing what happens subsequently.

Comment

Originally posted by momckee View Post
                    Haven't heard too much that's positive about this prequel so don't know whether or not I'll read it. I always find it strange going back to the beginning knowing what happens subsequently.
                    I suggest reading it but take your time.

Comment

Hello Fiona

Long time no see? Hope you are well and hope none of your family are affected by the storms which bring on asthma attacks. That is your part of Australia isn't it?

Comment

Hi Fiona! Nice to see you post. Hope you're well.

Comment

Starting Night School today [emoji106]
                          I haven't failed, i've merely found 10,000 reasons why it didn't work

Comment

Originally posted by YB View Post
                            Hello Fiona

Long time no see? Hope you are well and hope none of your family are affected by the storms which bring on asthma attacks. That is your part of Australia isn't it?
                            It is. Haven't heard anything from them in that regard. I certainly haven't been affected by them and I don't think anyone in my immediate family gets hayfever or asthma, so hopefully they're ok. I'm having dinner with them all tonight for my niece's 11th birthday, so I'll ask then. My work was inundated with patients and a friend was admitted to hospital with it. Thankyou for asking.

Comment

Working...
                            X