Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brouwer View Post
    Oooops, I did it again!
    You're getting the hang of it, Brouwer. Keep practicing.

I hope your freeways and highways aren't as dangerous as ours can be. Some of our drivers don't have the sense God gave a gnat.

Comment

Um, what's wrong with saying freeway? Use the language you know. We use both words here. The freeway is used as in motorway. Highway is interchangeable with that and one large suburban road here in Melbourne in particular.

Comment

Originally posted by Deanie View Post
        You're getting the hang of it, Brouwer. Keep practicing.

I hope your freeways and highways aren't as dangerous as ours can be. Some of our drivers don't have the sense God gave a gnat.
        It's a little of topic, but roads and how people behave is also influenced by how you organize society.
        'Drivers in the Netherlands have the most satisfying experience on the road in the world' (Fortune magazine) and :"With 139,000 km of public roads, the Netherlands has one of the most dense road networks in the world" (Wiki) And no pot holes! Really.
        But we also have high road tax and we pay heavy taxes: 52% income tax! We all pay into this highly expensive infrastructure and feel responsible for it. We choose this option because of necessity: 17 million people on a small patch of land, half of it below sealevel and the size of Disneyland. You have to be organized and invest in our infrastructure to survive. Other small countries like Singapore do the same.

I almost start to sound like a politician...

Back on topic: cannot wait to see 'Rogue one: a Starwars Story'!

Comment

Thanks for some more information about the Netherlands, that's really interesting, the tax must be quite a burden but it sounds as though
          the roads are well maintained Brouwer.

Comment

did I post this already??

Comment

I'd like to see a 3rd Reacher movie!

I finally saw Hacksaw Ridge last night....just wow!! Emotional, funny, hard to watch, and inspiring too. Has anyone else seen it?

Comment

Originally posted by Meg View Post

I finally saw Hacksaw Ridge last night....just wow!! Emotional, funny, hard to watch, and inspiring too. Has anyone else seen it?
                On my must watch list
                I haven't failed, i've merely found 10,000 reasons why it didn't work

Comment

Saw it, liked it. Out of the Oscar contenders I've seen, it tied for #2 with Arrival. #1 for me was Hell Or High Water. 3rd was La La Land, 4th was Manchester By The Sea, 5th was Fences.
                  sigpic The rules are: There ain't no rules.

Comment

I thought it was very good 8/10. Andrew Garfield was terrific.

Comment

Has anyone paid any attention to who they are going to cast as Mitch Rapp? He seems a little young for me. doesn't look like he could blend in in the middle east - like a picture rapp to in my mind. I think he was the actor in the maze Runner???
                      I was thinking Antonio Cupo would be a good Mitch Rapp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

E! has a really long article on TC if anyone's interested.

Comment

Finally seen Never Go Back on DVD. It's OK, no better than a 7/10 in my opinion.

I really love the books, can't wait to devour them as son as they are available but the movies, take them or leave them

Comment

I agree YB. I did like the female lead's role but could have done without the girl. Favorite scene was her beating the guy with the hose! Gr8!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Aren't the books always better!?!

Comment

Aren't the books always better!?!
                                I think they are generally, although there would be millions watching who had not read the book, they may have enjoyed it more. Perhaps it's best not to expect too much when you have read the book.

Comment

Working...
                                X