Baseball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baseball

Yea! Pete Rose will be joining the All-American events this Tuesday.

I thought he's been a bad boy and hadn't been forgiven?

Comment

Baseball

Well that WAS a no-no. It's been a LONG time and we've seen worse crime by sports figures & they've been allowed to play.
      He's paid the price.
      I'd like to see him again - that's " my years ". Rose Bench Concepcion Morgan ... Garvey Tekulvey? Catfish Hunter Bucky Dent Griffin Peres borbon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Last edited by 4AMNTN; 12-07-2015, 02:01 AM.

Comment

Pete Rose was Banned From Baseball for Life in 1989, but apparently that's not what they really meant. Now I see captions that read "Banned From Major League Baseball." That isn't correct, either. Not when he's been hired as a Major League Baseball studio analyst by Fox for this season. Nor when he's allowed to be part of the Major League All-Star game this year....Many Rose fans agree with 4A that his punishment has gone on long enough.

Comment

Hey Deanie, nice to see you post. And, I guess since he was a hero from my youth, AND the fact that players today do MUCH MUCH worse & get off (with lesser sentences)… yeah, I feel he due a break. Gambling … vs. rape, beating women, drugs, murder, dog fighting, etc. … yeah, he's due a break IMO.

Comment

By today's rules, Pete Rose would've had a fine and a 2 game suspension. It's time to let him back in.
            sigpic The rules are: There ain't no rules.

Comment

Dan!

Comment

I don't think they shouldn't allow him back in baseball in any fashion, but I do think they should put him on the Hall of Fame ballot. I'm not sure he would get voted in by the writers but his gambling never seemed to effect how he played on the field. Having said that, apparently there is proof that he bet on Reds games and if they ever found that he bet against them, he should be thrown out of everything.

Comment

IS that player that got caught up in the dog fighting scandal playing again? OR Polanski making films still? And didn't Clinton stay in the White House? Armstrong, did continue to ride, right? Not a question for you personally ... just thinking.

Comment

Different rules for different people I guess

Comment

Just watched the "4" opening on MLB all-stars. Some mentioned didn't need to be in there & some I remember fondly were over looked. Oh well gotta PC these days[emoji35]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Two Texas teams in the play-offs. Would love love love to see one of them make it to the World Series. Course, the Houston Astros have to beat the NY Yankees tonight to even continue on. And the Texas Rangers have to win the series against the Blue Jays to do so.
                        Will have to wait and see what happens.

Comment

Go Blue Jays!

Comment

The Houston Astros beat the Yankees last night. Yeah! Now the Rangers have to get past the Blue Jays, which won't be easy to do. I believe the Jays are favored to win the Whole thing. Oh Deary!

Comment

Originally posted by Deanie View Post
                              The Houston Astros beat the Yankees last night. Yeah! Now the Rangers have to get past the Blue Jays, which won't be easy to do. I believe the Jays are favored to win the Whole thing. Oh Deary!
                              Sounds good to me - it's about time.��

Comment

Working...
                              X