Lori & Monique's Amstercation 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lori & Monique's Amstercation 2015

People warn you about the dangers of the internet, but there it is also a great thing to make new friends.

When I read about TC playing Reacher I tried to find more info and I landed on Lee Childs Reacher forum. Lots of people with their own opinion about the casting, but also with opinions about the Reacher books, other books worth reading and it was just a lot of fun.
    The banter going on between some of the members sometimes made me laugh out loud and I got along quite well with a few of those members. But meeting them in real life? Never thought of it.

When my sister and I went to London in 2012 I met Neil (and his family) and we had a great time. In 2014 I went to London again and met Lori. Together we did an exhausting tour of London, went to a play, did a Harry Potter and Sherlock Holmes tour and met Neil for a fun afternoon with some beers and a pitcher of Pim's

Lori came to Europe again this year. She flew into Amsterdam on Saturday September 19th, and took the train to Geleen. We spent the weekend at my place, shopping in Maastricht on Sunday and took the train to Amsterdam on Monday.

Oh boy, we got ourselves a wonderful apartment with a great view on the IJ river and had a great time. Van Gogh museum, rijksmuseum, Canal tour, Red light district. We even went to a coffee shop. And no we didnot purchase anything. As incredible as this sounds like, we just wanted to have a look at the view.

I forgot to bring my camera, so I can only show you a few pics I shot with my mobile phone. I'm sure Lori will post some more.

I can only hope that we will be able to keep in doing this, because I had an incredible good time showing Lori around, getting an impression on how people in Europe live. (I know that Lori is really impressed by our cars ) And that I will be able to get to the US and see more than just the highlights

2015-09-21 20.05.29.jpg
    View from our room

Tried to get you some more pics, but alas... can't seem to be able to up load them

Sounds wonderful! I hope u get to the US too! [emoji106]🏻

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

If pictures are on your phone then the best way is Tapatalk

Glad you both had a great time
      I haven't failed, i've merely found 10,000 reasons why it didn't work

Comment

So great that you've been able to meet a few of the forumers! I've met Rita...she's lovely!

Comment

Sounds like you had a really good time Froggie, the forum has been a great way to make friends even if only in e-mail. I wish that I was more mobile, however just have to make the best of it enjoying your trips and my imagination. Nice that you were able to meet Rita, Meg. You could tell she was nice just by her forum posts.

Comment

Haven't seen anything on Rita in awhile.
            Veronica either.

Comment

Rita jumps on & makes a few posts & then MIA for a few weeks. I think Veronica has been busy with work & her book came out too about a week or so ago.

Comment

Ditto what Froggie said. Friends & family thought I was nuts last year to vacation in London with Froggie who I had met on the 'net and getting to meet up with Neil for the day. I also got to spend a whirlwind Saturday 2 years ago in NYC with Vince. They have all become friends because of Lee Child and I am forever grateful.
                Now for pics of Loriee and Froggie's Great 2015 Amstercation!! a couple of pictures of Maastricht, then the Amsterdam train station and the Eurorail train I traveled on ..ok Gis, need some help here....I am trying to upload jpegs from my laptop, just like I did from the London trip last year and it keeps saying file failed...same camera, same memory card same laptop..???
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by loridee View Post
                  ok Gis, need some help here....I am trying to upload jpegs from my laptop, just like I did from the London trip last year and it keeps saying file failed...same camera, same memory card same laptop..???
                  What method are you using? are you clicking on the go advanced and then manage attachments?

Comment

LD I had to go the old fashion way... different than long ago but it's an option that works for me [emoji106]🏻

Comment

Originally posted by Gismo View Post
                      What method are you using? are you clicking on the go advanced and then manage attachments?
                      I click on the insert image then choose file from the computer--there is no "go advanced option" or "manage attachments".
                      It's now telling me the files aka jpegs are too big. Nothing changed from how I took the pics, stored them or tried to load them this year from last year??
                      sigpic

Comment

well sorry to say I cant share any photos from vacation. all are too big according to the uploader. and I'm really stumped since I was able to upload the fall pictures...same camera, same memory card , same laptop.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by loridee View Post
                          well sorry to say I cant share any photos from vacation. all are too big according to the uploader. and I'm really stumped since I was able to upload the fall pictures...same camera, same memory card , same laptop.
                          Oops, try again
                          Max file size is 200,000 bytes, 1024 x 768, but, this may not show well on some laptops

Comment

Originally posted by Gismo View Post
                            Oops, try again
                            Max file size is 200,000 bytes, 1024 x 768, but, this may not show well on some laptops
                            ok I tried to resize...using Adobe...Ann Frank House.......
                            AF house1.jpg
                            and it worked... t
                            sigpic

Comment

now I have a Sh*t ton of work to do to resize some pics for you all....Later tonite on my way home, I have 5 hours to kill in the car.......In Pittsburgh for the game today. Finally able to use my tickets and parking pass. Heading there now to tailgate before the game...

6burgh.jpg
                              here we go Steelers here we go!!
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X