No announcement yet.

Make Me - SPOILER

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3/4 of the way through and it's enjoyable to me, just started into the black web bit so will see what others are meaning about it
    I haven't failed, i've merely found 10,000 reasons why it didn't work

Comment

And finished, well, saw the style of the ending as the book progressed, a wee bit Hostel ish (film), but, still, a decent book.
      I didn't think the inclusion of the female was overpowering and felt it lent a decent yarn to the story.

Also, the deep web was no where as intense as i'd read from others, overall 7.5/10
      I haven't failed, i've merely found 10,000 reasons why it didn't work

Comment

I agree Gis.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I thought the book was just OK, not particularly good nor particularly bad. It made me think Reacher adventures may be winding down. References to getting older hinted that maybe the old man is considering settling down someplace and having an actual relationship with a woman. I found it interesting that unlike all the previous Reacher books his physical appearance wasn't really being highlighted. Almost seemed like Lee was getting away from his usual verbose description of Reacher's size in his interactions and fights. Makes me think he has kinda sold out into the franchise mindset with having the Midget Man playing him now in multiple films. I guess in all, the book just made me kinda sad.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by loridee View Post
            I thought the book was just OK, not particularly good nor particularly bad. It made me think Reacher adventures may be winding down. References to getting older hinted that maybe the old man is considering settling down someplace and having an actual relationship with a woman. I found it interesting that unlike all the previous Reacher books his physical appearance wasn't really being highlighted. Almost seemed like Lee was getting away from his usual verbose description of Reacher's size in his interactions and fights. Makes me think he has kinda sold out into the franchise mindset with having the Midget Man playing him now in multiple films. I guess in all, the book just made me kinda sad.
            Exactly, even the being sad bit. I've always thought he sold out.

Comment

Working...
            X