Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Recently Read

Beach Bum
    Fav Author
    Child, Crais, Koontz
    Finished 'Lone Wolf' by Jodi Picoult which I really enjoyed.
    'Do Me, Do My Roots' was a quick chick lit, kinda predictable read.
    Now reading 'Carpool Diem'...I'm thinking it will be like the last one...typical and predictable.

Early Learner
    Fav Author
    Lee Child, etc.
    Last Words by Michael Koryta. This author is good! He writes well and tells very absorbing and entertaining stories. He usually writes standalones. But the protagonist in this book, Markus Novak, will be appearing in his next one. There is an excerpt from it at the end of "Last Words."

Beach Bum
    Fav Author
    Child, Crais, Koontz
    I've read only a couple Michael Koryta books...and they've been great!

Finished 'All for a Song' by Amanda Pittman and 'My Sister's Keeper' by Jodi Picoult.

Fav Author
    Linwood Barclay
    Am reading Last Words, looks like it's going to be a good one.

I finished Louise Penny's latest book, The Nature of the Beast, and can't make up my mind whether I liked it or not, found some of it quite disturbing and a bit menacing. I'm so used to enjoying The Three Pines location which sounds so lovely and this book made it a bit of an uncomfortable place. Possibly some of the difference is that the author is writing while looking after her husband who has dementia and some of her feelings are bound to creep into her writing, so sad, she seems like a lovely woman very much in love with her husband.

Fav Author
    Flynn, Silva, Crais, Coben, Hurwitz, Lansdale
    The English Spy - Daniel Silva

Early Learner
    Fav Author
    Lee Child, etc.
    Style, do you read the Gray Man series featuring Court Gentry by Mark Greaney? I've forgotten. If so, there is a new release Back Blast.

Fav Author
    Linwood Barclay
    Quote Originally Posted by Deanie View Post
    Style, do you read the Gray Man series featuring Court Gentry by Mark Greaney? I've forgotten. If so, there is a new release Back Blast.
    I will have a look too as I've read Mark Greaney before.

Fav Author
    Flynn, Silva, Crais, Coben, Hurwitz, Lansdale
    Quote Originally Posted by Deanie View Post
    No, I haven't read that series. Is it up my alley?

Early Learner
    Fav Author
    Lee Child, etc.
    To some extent I think you'd like Court Gentry. Probably to the same extent you'd like Alex Berenson's John Wells series. Both men started out working for The Agency. Now John Wells is a free-lancer, so to speak. Court Gentry didn't realize he no longer had a job until his employer start trying to kill him. He finally finds out why in "Back Blast." Both men are the bad-a## type you like, but I know you'd prefer them to be loners. Alex Berenson's new release is "The Wolves."

Chuck Dixon released "Levon's Ride" 9/30/15. It's only 85 pages, but a good read. It's book 2.5 in the series. "Levon's Run" came out 2/22/16. Book 3. I'm reading it now. I do like Levon Cade!

Hap & Leonard tonight on Sundance. 9PM CT. Channel 126 on Dish.
    Last edited by Deanie; 02-03-2016 at 07:49 PM.

Junior
    Fav Author
    Lee Child, Peter James, Graham Hurley
    Not exactly "recent" because I have not been here for a while. Two authors I have discovered recently that I like are Ed James and Oliver Tidy. Neither are available as a printed version - kindle only.
    Both are police procedural, the Ed James stories are set in Edinburgh, the Oliver Tidy ones are in Hastings on England's south coast.
    Also R C Bridgestock, the Jack Dylan series. This is a husband and wife team, Bob & Carol. Both are former police officers in my home town. The stories are set in a fictional town in northern England.