Recently Read

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Meg View Post
    Finished "The Auschwitz Escape" by Joel Rosenberg...great book.
    I read that one too, enjoyed it very much. I can't comprehend how people can be so cruel to each other.
    sigpic The rules are: There ain't no rules.

Comment

Originally posted by 4AMNTN View Post
      Meg in theme with the Auschwitz Escape... Have u read Greg Iles The Black Cross? That was a very good read. Good meaning interesting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      I don't think I've ever read any Greg Isles books....heard they're good though.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Dan M. View Post
      I read that one too, enjoyed it very much. I can't comprehend how people can be so cruel to each other.
      It really is unbelievable what one person can/will do to another. He didn't go into a lot of detail, but my imagination did run a bit wild with the mention of Mengele

Comment

And, Meg: The Black Cross is NOT a Penn Cage book. those are the ones "we've" talked about here. This is a stand alone that … that … wow, it's just that interesting & eye opening.

Comment

Will have to check out a Greg Isles book from the library

Comment

Just finished Broken Promises by Linwood Barclay, had started it a few weeks ago and for some reason didn't get back to it until today, good mystery, good writer. Maybe the only criticism is that he seems to have joined the bandwagon of writers who put a hook at the end to ensure you get the next book. I know the writers have to make a living but surely they can rely on their current success without the sales pitch. Or maybe it's regarded as good merchandising or maybe it's just the way it hits me?

Comment

Finished 'Lone Wolf' by Jodi Picoult which I really enjoyed.
              'Do Me, Do My Roots' was a quick chick lit, kinda predictable read.
              Now reading 'Carpool Diem'...I'm thinking it will be like the last one...typical and predictable.

Comment

Last Words by Michael Koryta. This author is good! He writes well and tells very absorbing and entertaining stories. He usually writes standalones. But the protagonist in this book, Markus Novak, will be appearing in his next one. There is an excerpt from it at the end of "Last Words."

Comment

I've read only a couple Michael Koryta books...and they've been great!

Finished 'All for a Song' by Amanda Pittman and 'My Sister's Keeper' by Jodi Picoult.

Comment

Am reading Last Words, looks like it's going to be a good one.

I finished Louise Penny's latest book, The Nature of the Beast, and can't make up my mind whether I liked it or not, found some of it quite disturbing and a bit menacing. I'm so used to enjoying The Three Pines location which sounds so lovely and this book made it a bit of an uncomfortable place. Possibly some of the difference is that the author is writing while looking after her husband who has dementia and some of her feelings are bound to creep into her writing, so sad, she seems like a lovely woman very much in love with her husband.

Comment

The English Spy - Daniel Silva

Comment

Style, do you read the Gray Man series featuring Court Gentry by Mark Greaney? I've forgotten. If so, there is a new release Back Blast.

Comment

Originally posted by Deanie View Post
                          Style, do you read the Gray Man series featuring Court Gentry by Mark Greaney? I've forgotten. If so, there is a new release Back Blast.
                          I will have a look too as I've read Mark Greaney before.

Comment

Originally posted by Deanie View Post
                            No, I haven't read that series. Is it up my alley?

Comment

To some extent I think you'd like Court Gentry. Probably to the same extent you'd like Alex Berenson's John Wells series. Both men started out working for The Agency. Now John Wells is a free-lancer, so to speak. Court Gentry didn't realize he no longer had a job until his employer start trying to kill him. He finally finds out why in "Back Blast." Both men are the bad-a## type you like, but I know you'd prefer them to be loners. Alex Berenson's new release is "The Wolves."

Chuck Dixon released "Levon's Ride" 9/30/15. It's only 85 pages, but a good read. It's book 2.5 in the series. "Levon's Run" came out 2/22/16. Book 3. I'm reading it now. I do like Levon Cade!

Hap & Leonard tonight on Sundance. 9PM CT. Channel 126 on Dish.
                              Last edited by Deanie; 02-03-2016, 08:49 PM.

Comment

Not exactly "recent" because I have not been here for a while. Two authors I have discovered recently that I like are Ed James and Oliver Tidy. Neither are available as a printed version - kindle only.
                                Both are police procedural, the Ed James stories are set in Edinburgh, the Oliver Tidy ones are in Hastings on England's south coast.
                                Also R C Bridgestock, the Jack Dylan series. This is a husband and wife team, Bob & Carol. Both are former police officers in my home town. The stories are set in a fictional town in northern England.

Comment

Working...
                                X