No announcement yet.

Currently Reading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIPPER by Patricia Cornwell. This is very interesting.

Comment

• The Nemesis Program by Scott Mariani. New author to me, a bit hard to believe at times. There's Superman and James Bond but the character in this one surpasses them both!

Marathon by Brian Freeman. The latest in the Jonny Stride series - excellent

The Murderer's Son by Joy Ellis. I liked it, thanks for the tip off , Mo

Good Friday by Lynda La Plante. The latest in the Jane Tennyson prequel series. Very good. Also a TV Series here in the UK.

The Seagull by Ann Cleeves. The new one in the Vera Stanhope series. Vera is always good. Also a UK TV series.

Waiting for me at the library on Thursday is The Girl in the Green Dress by Cath Staincliffe. Not sure what to expect. A standalone. I have read others by this author in the Scott & Bailey series which are very good. Another one on UK TV

Comment

• YB - must check out the Brian Freeman one, I usually enjoy his writing.

Comment

• Finished Zero Sum - Barry Eisler/John Rain Series.

Starting The Wolves - Alex Berenson/John Wells series.

Comment

• Never tried a Barry Eisler.

Did read a Berenson once a few years ago, wasn't impressed. Perhaps I was just unlucky. Are they usually good, Style?

Comment

• Originally posted by YB View Post
              Never tried a Barry Eisler.

Did read a Berenson once a few years ago, wasn't impressed. Perhaps I was just unlucky. Are they usually good, Style?
              Berenson is ok, not great. Eisler is a very intelligent writer, though this last book was just ok to me. Vince Flynn (RIP) remains one of my favorites along with Daniel Silva, Robert Crais, and Harlan Coben. For lighter fare, try Joe R. Lansdale's Hap and Leonard series.

Deanie is my personal librarian!

Comment

• Thanks Style, I'll look out for Barry Eisler, our library have a few

Comment

• Style, I started to tell YB yesterday that you probably didn't like the John Wells series as much as I do.

I think I mentioned this author after I read her first book, but if not - make a note. Barbara Nickless. Her characters are Sydney Rose Parnell and her dog, Clyde. They're both former Marines. Sydney is a railroad detective. Books are Blood On The Tracks and Dead Stop.

Comment

• Sorry to post to wrong spot. BUT my iPhone Tapatalk is way messed up. Anyone know how to return to our normal website??! Thx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Reading 'They Almost Always Come Home' by Cynthia Ruchti. I just picked this one up at the used book store.

Comment

• Am reading Brian Freeman's latest book, Marathon, YB reminded me about it, it's a good one, always like the Jonathon Stride books.

Comment

• Ooooh I do too Mo! I haven’t gotten to it yet. It’s on my list! [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Great story, was sad when I came to the end of it.

Comment

• Purgatory Road by Samuel Parker which I picked up at the used book store a couple weeks ago. About a couple who's car breaks down in the Mojave desert and they are 'rescued' by a hermit. So far it's good since it's told from a few different perspectives.

Comment

• Mercy by Julie Garwood. again

Comment

Working...
                                X