No announcement yet.

Currently Reading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deanie I agree I love to read. Yes Dan too much work for Gis.
    Need to start Never Never or the 16th in the Murder Club books both by James Patterson.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• The Witness, Simon Kernick, have read other book by him but don't remember the title, good writer, think he may be South African.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan M. View Post
        I read Gismo's response as too much work getting in the way of reading.
        Oops. My bad, Gis. Mis-understood your comment. Yeah, there is that dad-gum work that has to be taken care of so you can afford to buy the books that you then don't have time to read.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deanie View Post
          Oops. My bad, Gis. Mis-understood your comment. Yeah, there is that dad-gum work that has to be taken care of so you can afford to buy the books that you then don't have time to read.
          I need to be on permanent vacation so I can read, bike, hike, crochet, swim or just generally do whatever I want whenever I want. Always good to dream!

Comment

• The Counterfeit Agent by Alex Berenson

Comment

• Has anybody seen the new Reacher spinoff series by Dan Ames? I read the preview that Amazon allows and it seemed like it might be good.
              https://www.amazon.com/dp/B073VRFFCG...words=dan+ames
              Last edited by Dan M.; 18-07-2017, 04:39 PM.
              sigpic The rules are: There ain't no rules.

Comment

• Thanks for the tip off, Dan. I'll look out for it.

Recently finished Falling by John Connor and Blackout by Chris Ryan. Both good.

Now onto Prey by James Carol. New author to me, he is English but the story is set in and around New York.
                Last edited by YB; 19-07-2017, 12:36 PM. Reason: Corrected spelling of James Carol's name

Comment

• Finished 'Camino Island' by Grisham, followed by 'The Late Show' by Michael Connelly. Good reads, as expected.

Comment

• I'm reading "The Writing Desk" by Rachel Hauck for book club. I love this author and she'll be at our book club at the end of the month.

Comment

• Nobody seems to be reading much???

Since I was last on here I have read
                      Prey by James Carol. New author to me, good without being brilliant

Bad Boy by Peter Robinson. From about three years ago, featuring Inspector Alan Banks. Very good, as I've found all the Banks series

Strike Back by Chris Ryan. I liked it

Dead in the Dark by Stephen Booth. The new one featuring Ben Cooper & Diane Fry. I have read all the previous ones and liked them but recently there has been too much (far more than necessary IMO) description of the area, terrain, rough/bleak countryside.

Sleeping in the Ground by Peter Robinson. The latest in the Banks series. Very good.

Wrongful Death by Lynda La Plante. Anna Travis series from a few years ago, good as previous ones in this series have been.

The Dead Hill by John Dean. As recommended by Mo a few weeks ago, thanks Mo. A fairly "typical" police procedural, good-ish, 7 out of 10.

A Hard Man to Forget by Dan Ames. As recommended by Dan M, thanks Dan. States on the cover "The Jack Reacher cases". A good story but it seem like Mr Ames is trying to cash in on the success of Lee Child/Reacher. I cannot see why he needs to as he is a successful author in his own right having had 20 or more books published. Although Reacher's name is mentioned many times the great man doesn't appear in the story. The main character is ex FBI now Private Detective Lauren Pauling who was in The Hard Way. The story would have been just as good with a new main character and no mention of Reacher.

Comment

• Oh my! U have been busy! I've been cheating and listening to audio books off You Tube.
                        Waiting on a few to come out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Wow, you have been busy YB!!
                          I'm reading Morning Glory by Sarah Jio & it's pretty good so far. Not a long book so I'm hoping I'll have it done by the end of the weekend if it's raining.

Comment

• [QUOTE=Meg;5996]Wow, you have been busy YB!!

8 books in about 5 weeks, about average for me

Comment

• My mental capacity (and maybe time limitations) only allows 1 book per about 2 wks!

Reading House of Spies by Daniel Silva. His Gabriel Allon series is one of the best -- Fantastic writer!

Comment

• I've read a number of books this month. Latest being the second in Steve Hamilton's Nick Mason series - Exit Strategy.

Style, I think you'd like Nick Mason. Check him out on Amazon.com.

Comment

Working...
                                X