No announcement yet.

Currently Reading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've read a couple before by Rick Mofina, which I thought were good. I've finished this one now and it didn't disappoint.

Next up is Mark Billingham's Love like blood, the new one in the Tom Thorne series

Comment

• finished 'Clownfish Blues' and on to 'the Wedding Shop' by Rachel Hauck

Comment

• The Mark Billingham book was excellent, as his usually are.

I moved then to King & Maxwell by David Baldacci. New author to me, although I am sure many of you are familiar with him. I liked it.

Not decided what to go for next. I have 11 paper books on my shelf and a similar number on kindle.

Comment

• Oh YB that first King & Maxwell is good! I really the series too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Reading "Effekten af Susan" by Danish author Peter Hoeg

Comment

• Brouwer

Comment

• Skinner's Rules - Quintin Jardine. One of the very early ones in the Bob Skinner series, about 1993

Comment

• Hello YB - am reading a book by John Dean,To Die Alone, a British police mystery, set in a rural area in the Northern Pennines District. Is pretty good so far, Jack Harris is the top cop investigating a murder up in the hills of a man who runs a dog sanctuary.

Comment

• Thanks, Mo. There are three of his books at the library, although not my local ones. There are also a few of Joy Ellis's that you mentioned a few days ago.

I shall order one of each when I go to our library later in the week

Comment

• finished The Wedding Shop today
                      up next is Learning to Swear in America

Comment

• I'm really struggling to read any book quicker than a couple of months, just too much work
                        I haven't failed, i've merely found 10,000 reasons why it didn't work

Comment

• Originally posted by Gismo View Post
                          I'm really struggling to read any book quicker than a couple of months, just too much work
                          That would have been me years ago but after retirement from work 5 days is about my average, 3 if it is really good. Compared to Deanie (and others??) I am slow, she probably does 3 a day!!

Comment

• I used to read about 3 books a week, now it takes anywhere from 3 days to weeks depending on how much I like the book or how often I feel like reading. I go through times when I just don't feel like reading & get involved with crochet or home projects.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gismo View Post
                              I'm really struggling to read any book quicker than a couple of months, just too much work
                              Ah, Gismo. I think I know why you're struggling ~ it's considering "reading" as work. Reading, to me, isn't work. It's entertainment, enjoyment, fun, filled with adventure, etc...It takes me away from "work."

YB, I have read two books in a day, but it doesn't happen very often.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deanie View Post
                                Ah, Gismo. I think I know why you're struggling ~ it's considering "reading" as work. Reading, to me, isn't work. It's entertainment, enjoyment, fun, filled with adventure, etc...It takes me away from "work."
                                I read Gismo's response as too much work getting in the way of reading.
                                sigpic The rules are: There ain't no rules.

Comment

Working...
                                X