No announcement yet.

Currently Reading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AGAIN started back on the Swaggart story. Then on to The Burial Hour by Deavers.

Comment

• I liked the Chris Ryan book. Moved on then to You belong to me by Mary Higgins Clark which i thought was good. New author to me although been around a long time, this book was published in 1998.

Just getting into Birdman by Mo Hayder. Another one new to me although this one dates back to 2000.

Anyone else familiar with these authors?

Comment

• YB, I've read a few Mary Higgins Clark's books. I usually enjoy them, they're a quick read but they don't stick with me for long.
        Never read a Mo Hayder...never heard of that author. Let us know how you like it & I may add that author to my list.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally Posted by 4AMNTN

Oh Meg. I didn't realize this was his first novel. I only read the Myron and Win novels. None of the Micky Bolitar either. Is it good?

Originally posted by Meg View Post
        So far it's good. I've only read a few of his stand alones and I think only one Myron & Win novel.
        Finished Play Dead and I thought it was predictable...and at times it felt like I was reading a soap opera. Obviously his first book.

Comment

• Read the new (yes, new) Michael Crichton DRAGON'S TEETH. Apparently this was something MC had been working on for a while off and on and it was virtually finished, just unpublished. It got set aside and nobody bothered to see what it was or something. I suppose a little ghost writing may have been needed to finish it up, but nobody else is credited. It's historical fiction about the fossil feud between two professors back in the 1870s. It's almost a Western - there's Indian attacks, gamblers, a classic gunfight, and fossils! Wyatt and Morgan Earp even make an appearance, in Deadwood SD, no less. Good story! I enjoyed it a lot!
          sigpic The rules are: There ain't no rules.

Comment

• Meg said: YB, I've read a few Mary Higgins Clark's books. I usually enjoy them, they're a quick read but they don't stick with me for long.
            Never read a Mo Hayder...never heard of that author. Let us know how you like it & I may add that author to my list.

Mary Higgins Clark is still writing at the age of 88. Her first book was in 1960 and since then she has written dozens, some in conjunction with her daughter Carol. She has a new one out this year.

Mo Hayder has written seven featuring London detective Jack Caffery plus a few standaloones

Comment

• A Hero of France - re-read - Alan Furst - about the Resistance helping UK pilots back to Britain.

Comment

• Starting on the 2nd Swagger book.

Comment

• 'Keep it Shut' which is about watching what you say. And of course the new Better Homes & Gardens magazine

Comment

• Meg said: YB, I've read a few Mary Higgins Clark's books. I usually enjoy them, they're a quick read but they don't stick with me for long.

Birdman by Mo Hayder. I suppose it is a fairly typical police procedural, featuring Jack Caffery as the main man and set in London. It wasn't the best I've ever read but by no means the worst. If I came upon another I would read it but am unlikely to actively seek one out

Comment

• Dan, I've read quite a few MC. The Andromeda Strain was so good I was like "is this real" did this happen"... But my favorite is Airframe. Oh my!!! I've read it twice.

Comment

• The Burial Hour Jeffery Deaver.

Comment

• Clownfish Blues by Tim Dorsey
                          Typical of his and an easy read. It's for book club tonight but I'm not even halfway through it since I just started it on Friday.

Comment

• Message for a YB - have I mentioned before Joy Ellis, excellent English author, her books centre around the Fens district - really well worth reading. I'm re-reading The Lost Daughters, DI Jackman heading up the investigation.

Comment

• Thanks for the tip, Mo. I'll see what I can find.

I'm now on Rick Mofina - Vengeance Road

Comment

• I like Mofina's books.

Comment

Working...
                                X