No announcement yet.

Currently Reading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finished Stephen Hunter's G-Man. There's a sort of twist toward the end that I guessed was coming about halfway through, but because of my suspicions, I read more closely. Good story about a fairly brief time in American history! I think Hunter will revisit this character at least a couple more times based on some of the things discussed in the narrative. There are hints of Swagger backstory that could even develop the family line back into the early 19th century if Hunter chooses. And one of my favorite handguns (1911) gets a lot of ink. What's not to like?
    sigpic The rules are: There ain't no rules.

Comment

• Am re-reading Lone Survivor, fantastic story although agonizingly sad, I guess after watching some of uthe Memorial Day ceremonies it reminded me of some of the heroic events of fairly recent combat actions.

Comment

• Originally posted by momckee View Post
        Am re-reading Lone Survivor, fantastic story although agonizingly sad, I guess after watching some of uthe Memorial Day ceremonies it reminded me of some of the heroic events of fairly recent combat actions.
        I have that book somewhere on my shelf and plan on reading it sometime this summer.

Comment

• I liked Bad Blood. Now onto Need You Dead by Peter James. The latest in the Roy Grace series. One of my favorite series by one of my favorite authors

Comment

• I am STILL reading Mississippi Blood. It's good, just LONG. Like most of his books. You really get your money's worth. I remember some of paperbacks being very thick!

Comment

• Just started "Play Dead" by Harlan Coben

Comment

• Oh Meg. I didn't realize this was his first novel. I only read the Myron and Win novels. None of the Micky Bolitar either. Is it good?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Reading Þýska húsið (dutch translation 'Blauwzuur') by Arnaldur Indriðason.

Comment

• How'd you manage all the accents?

Comment

• Originally posted by 4AMNTN View Post
                      Oh Meg. I didn't realize this was his first novel. I only read the Myron and Win novels. None of the Micky Bolitar either. Is it good?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      So far it's good. I've only read a few of his stand alones and I think only one Myron & Win novel.

Comment

• I'm reading CJ Box's Cody Hoyt/Cassie Dewell series out of order. I read Back of Beyond last year (Cody Hoyt debut) but couldn't remember that much of it, so reread it, then read Badlands (2 books after Back of Beyond and a much better book, IMO), now reading The Highway (the book in between). I think a 4th book is due soon. Between this series and the Joe Pickett series and the standalone books by Box, his writing to me is somewhat uneven. Maybe it's my interest level in the story lines themselves that is the issue, but with as many books as Box has written now, I expected Back of Beyond to be better, especially since it takes place in one of my favorite places--Yellowstone. I'm sure my own writing comes off as uneven too, but I hope it's consistently more even as I gain experience.
                        sigpic The rules are: There ain't no rules.

Comment

• Don't know know that guy Dan. I've started Nick Priog's Show Me. Read straight through 5-6 chapters before I knew it. FINALLY finish Mississippi Blood, wow that was a lot of reading.

Comment

• I've only read 2 CJ Box books. I liked both but neither really stayed with me after I put them down.

Comment

• Behind You by Ty Patterson
                              I haven't failed, i've merely found 10,000 reasons why it didn't work

Comment

• Meg said: I've only read 2 CJ Box books. I liked both but neither really stayed with me after I put them down.

That is my view also, if they came my way I would read them but don't actively seek them out.

Finished the Peter James book, excellent as usual.

Now onto an author new to me, although he's been writing for over 20 years - Chris Ryan. It's called The Hit List, from year 2000

Comment

Working...
                                X