Currently Reading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by YB View Post
    Latest is Game Over, Mo.. Is that the one?

I'm just about to start it having recently finished Deborah Crombie's Garden of Lamentations
    Yes, that's it YB, have just started it tonight but get distracted. Keep switching to the US station to see what the latest excitement is, maybe it will calm down a bit now that there's a special prosecutor engaged to look into any problem there may be. I just hope Mr. T doesn't cause any ructions with foreign dignitaries while on his trip, he keeps threatening to drop out of NATO because other countries don't contribute their fair share. It would be a horrible mistake.

Comment

• Reading/rereading the stories in No Middle Name, then on to Stephan Hunter's new Bob Lee Swagger story, G-Man, which introduces Bob's grandfather, Charles (Earl's daddy) through some flashbacks that tie-in to a present day mystery. Machine gun wars and prohibition, bank robbers and gangsters, should be good!
      sigpic The rules are: There ain't no rules.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan M. View Post
        Reading/rereading the stories in No Middle Name, then on to Stephan Hunter's new Bob Lee Swagger story, G-Man, which introduces Bob's grandfather, Charles (Earl's daddy) through some flashbacks that tie-in to a present day mystery. Machine gun wars and prohibition, bank robbers and gangsters, should be good!
        Sounds good Dan, haven't read a Bob Lee Swagger story for a while.

Comment

• Originally posted by Meg View Post
          currently in a reading slump...very busy crocheting
          I'm in the same scenario, just working long hours for me though
          I haven't failed, i've merely found 10,000 reasons why it didn't work

Comment

• Stopped Bob Lee to read Golden Prey BUT I'll get back on it 3/4 into the Prey. gotta love Lucas

Meg! I'm ordering me some crotchet shark slippers for shark week July 23rd!!! Have u seen them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Finished Game Over - very good

On now to Phoenix by John Connor

Main character is Lady Policeman Karen Sharpe.

Set in the north of England, local to me - in fact a suspect was being interviewed at a police station less than two miles from where I live.

Comment

• YB: Always puts a smile on my face when I'm reading & I KNOW the place they're writing about. Like now with John Sanford, his Golden Prey is partially set in Nashville. I've stayed at that Embassy Suites & have eaten at the pancake place he's referring to.

Comment

• Yes 4's, I like books set close to home. The author has to be careful though, he (she) MUST get it correct!!

If I am reading a book set in the US, or even London, Any inaccuracies go unnoticed by me.

Comment

• The author JT Ellison writes of a female detective Jackson. [emoji61]🏻*♀️It's all set in Nashville & they're good!

Comment

• YB - Game Over is one of the best stories I've read recently, kept me guessing right up until the last few pages, it was a real page turner.

Comment

• I'm starting Mississippi Blood a Penn Cage book by Greg Iles.

Funny rhyme comes to mind:
                        [emoji443]MI crooked letter crooked letter I crooked letter crooked letter I humpback humpback I [emoji443]
                        -----or was that a southern thing??? [emoji3]

Comment

• Originally posted by 4AMNTN View Post
                          Stopped Bob Lee to read Golden Prey BUT I'll get back on it 3/4 into the Prey. gotta love Lucas

Meg! I'm ordering me some crotchet shark slippers for shark week July 23rd!!! Have u seen them?

Just googled them...adorable!! My skill level isn't there yet. I'm working on beanies and scarves.

Comment

• I know "OFF TOPIC". but! Oh! I do have 3 shark tattoos, the Hammerhead you can see & a Great White on the left side & a Tiger shark in the back.
                            Attached Files

Comment

• Mo said: YB - Game Over is one of the best stories I've read recently, kept me guessing right up until the last few pages, it was a real page turner.

I agree, Mo - excellent

Next up for me Denise Mina - The Last Breath. I'm finding it slow going. Now got Brian McGilloway's Bad Blood from the library so I'm reading that. Will go back to Ms Mina later

Comment

• 'A Portrait of Emily Price' for June book club

Comment

Working...
                                X