Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• out this week: 4.23. NEON Prey == John Sandford, a Lucas Davenport

Comment

• I haven't read much recently, not much more than a book a week. Not sure why, I cannot think of anything else that has kept me particularly busy.

The Stalker - Alex Gray. The new one in the police series set in Glasgow, featuring William Lorimer. Very good, as this series usually is.
      Run Away - Harlan Coben. Enjoyed it although I wouldn't say it was one his best
      The Devil's Claw - Lara Dearman. As recommended by Mo, althogh she struggled a bit with it I liked it.
      The Devil's Star - Jo Nesbo. Tried this author a few years ago and did not float my boat but I was given a couple by a friend so I decided to give him a second chance. Still a "NO" from me.
      Crackdown - Val McDermid. This is very old, 20+ years but I liked it. The main character is Private Eye Kate Brannigan. Light hearted but good
      Sue Grafton - H is for Homicide. Another old one but very good. I'll have to try some more of the alphabet.

Comment

• YB - I have an Alex Gray book sitting waiting to be read, but will also look for The Stalker as it is probably more current. Have to order from Amazon UK as they don't seem to have them in Kindle for here so I have to get the paperback.

Comment

• Yes, Mo, The Stalker is new, released in March 2019. I've read all in this series going back ten or so years. I like them. Have you read any before? Set in Glasgow, isn't that where you originate from? If so you will be able to identify with the places. I have never been to Glasgow

Comment

• I'm reading "Bearskin" by James A. McLaughlin. Just getting into it and liking it thus far. It's a debut.

Comment

• Originally posted by YB View Post
              Yes, Mo, The Stalker is new, released in March 2019. I've read all in this series going back ten or so years. I like them. Have you read any before? Set in Glasgow, isn't that where you originate from? If so you will be able to identify with the places. I have never been to Glasgow
              Yes, they talked a lot about Kelvingrove Park and I used to play there all the time, also talked of the Art Gallery and the University, used to play on the swings in front of the University, it really took me back to read about them - I've read quite a few and have the paperback to read, the one before The Stalker I believe.

Comment

• I NEED to get back on my Kindle !!![emoji336][emoji432][emoji3059]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Just finished Send Down the Rain by Charles Martin...oh so good!! Love his stories...make you laugh, make you cry, make you think.
                  This one was about a Vietnam Vet and good to read it over the Memorial Day weekend.

I haven't been on my Kindle in forever...need to get back to it since there are almost 700 books on there...and stop picking up books at the library when I have plenty to read at home.

Comment

• I've been reading a couple of Douglas Reeman's books, he writes WWII naval fiction, really engrossing stories, the last two books I've been through a couple of typhoons, I certainly wouldn't want to be in the navy but love reading about it.

Comment

• I hear ya Mo. tho I am scared of water I can't see the bottom to.
                      My Kindle is sad I'm sure ...... I keep charging it ... there are several books that I've started - but ....

Comment

• I'm currently reading Bearskin, a debut novel by James A. McLaughlin. It's a little uneven with some pacing choices that makes me wonder what the author was thinking, but it keeps me interested for the most part. It's not a page turner. Next in line is If She Wakes, by Michael Koryta, whose writing I like a lot. And I see there's a new Cassie Dewell novel by C J. Box coming out in August, so I guess that will be after If She Wakes. I have more reading time since my Disney annual pass expired, now if I could only stay awake at night!
                        sigpic The rules are: There ain't no rules.

Comment

• Disney pass????? Do tell.

Comment

• I read Bearskin and If She Wakes, Dan. Will also read the new Cassie Dewell novel when it is released. Sounds like we both like some of the same authors. When you need recommendations let me know.

Comment

• All by myself alone. Mary Higgins Clark. First one I have read by this lady, she has written dozens of books. She is about 90 years old and still writing. It was OK but I won't be rushing to get any more
                              In a cottage in a wood - Cass Green. Another new to me author, Ok, 7/10
                              The suspicions of Mr Wycher - Kate Summerscale. Set in the 1860's. Apparently one of the first detectives in London in real life. The book had too much about how his mind worked, how he solved murders and not enough about the actual murder he was investigating. Abandoned about half way through.
                              Play dead - Angels Marson. This was good, I did read one of hers a few years ago
                              Dead at first sight - Peter James. The new one in the Detective Roy Grace series, excellent, as is all this series
                              The Fourth Man - Lee Child. A new Reacher short story. Good but perhaps too short, more could have been made of the idea.

Comment

• Thanks YB — I don’t know any of those. I counted and I have 8 books on my Kindle that I have started & not finished, that’s not like me[emoji2372]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X