X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No, doesn't appeal to me.

Comment

• Originally posted by 4AMNTN View Post
      Mo have you tried to go to YT & look up a book to LISTEN to?
      They have audio books on YouTube?? As in, we could hear Dick Hill doing Reacher on YouTube??
      sigpic The rules are: There ain't no rules.

Comment

• I don’t know Dick Hill. But I’ve listened to Davenport,Trent,Cornwell,Plum series & others! There used to be more & I guess authors have cut down on illegal formats - if that’s what’s going on.
        But there are a bunch of books to listen to

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Mo, I've never read a Danielle Steele book but that one sounds good!

Comment

• Currently reading Michael Koryta's latest WHEN SHE WAKES. Really, really good!

Comment

• Nothing. Robert Crais A Dangerous Man 6.18.19 Karin Slaughter The Last Widow 8.27.19 *****. Luv Will Trent! I need to down these and a few others I missed earlier.

Comment

• Originally posted by 4AMNTN View Post
                Robert Crais A Dangerous Man
                I'm reading it! Good book so far! Joe and Elvis at their best!

Comment

• I'm reading "A Dangerous Man" now also and I agree that it's a good book.

Will probably read Alex Kava's "Desperate Creed" next. C J Box and T Jefferson Parker have new releases coming out on 8/13/19. They're on my reading list too.

Comment

• Mark Billingham - Their Little Secret. very good
                    Graham Hurley - Deadlight. The Faraday & winter series. Excellent
                    Wendy Walker - All is not Forgotten. Did not finish. Not my thing
                    Graham Hurley - Turnstone. Another in the Faraday & winter series. Also Excellent
                    Celina Grace - Echo. I have read others in this series. They are good
                    Ann Cleeves - Cold Earth. The Shetland series, also a UK TV series. Very good
                    Robert Goddard - Sight Unseen. This man's books are almost always standalones and he comes up with some fantastic stories.
                    Alex Gray - Keep the Midnight out. Detective Bill Lorimer. Usually set in Glasgow but most of this is on the Island of Mull. A murder occurs whilst Bill is on holiday
                    Graham Hurley - Sight Unseen. Completely different to the one above with the same title. This is new, the Robbert Goddard one is 3-4 years old

Comment

• Finished A DANGEROUS MAN (I hear is Dwight Yoakam singing that title..."He's a dangerous man, He's got blood in his plans, Better watch out where you stand, 'Cause he's a dangerous man..."), good book with a familiar Elvis/Joe type plot. It's okay though, Crais does it so well. Started Stephen Hunter's new Bob Lee Swagger story GAME OF SNIPERS (hmm...title has a ring to it). Bob Lee is 72 years old in this one. 72! How many thriller protagonists are 72?? We'll see how it goes. I like Hunter's books.

Comment

• Reading "With Love, Wherever You Are" for book club this month. Author found letters between her grandparents and wrote their story. They were both in the Army during WWII in the medical field...got married and then essentially didn't see each other since they were shipped out with separate divisions!

Comment

• Gregg Hurwitz - Orphan X series is excellent! Read it in order. STRONG RECOMMEND ON THIS SERIES. It is now one of my faves...

Just finished A Dangerous Man and as Dan said Crais is just so good.

Started Backlash by Brad Thor - the most recent in the Scott Harvath series.

Comment

• Reading The Victory Garden by Rhys Bowen, a WW1 story of a young woman held back from doing volunteer or any other useful pursuit by her mother, who is locked into the old time English idea of some people being more suitable than others. The young woman is determined to escape after her 21st birthday. I like Ms. Bowen’s writing.

YB

I really enjoy Ann Cleeves’ books, don’t remember if I’ve read the one you mentioned.

Comment

• Style, thanks for the recommendation of the Orphan X series, I'll check into it!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan M. View Post
                                Style, thanks for the recommendation of the Orphan X series, I'll check into it!
                                I'm interested to hear your thoughts Dan...Obviously, I absolutely love the series!

Orphan X (2016)
                                Buy a Bullet (2016) - short
                                The Nowhere Man (2017)
                                Hellbent (2018)
                                The Intern (2018) - short
                                Out of the Dark (2019)
                                Into The Fire - not out yet
                                Last edited by Style; 21-08-2019, 03:48 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X