No announcement yet.

Currently Reading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finished Stephen Hunter's GAME OF SNIPERS. Great book, very current, with the last minute, game-changing twist that Hunter is so fond of. Bob Lee might be 72 (73 by the end of the book), but he's still got it. Loved it!
    sigpic The rules are: There ain't no rules.

Comment

• Sounds interesting Dan.

Comment

• Just started Karin Slaughter's The Last Widow ... listening to it on an Audible (my iPhone)... cxl'ed my membership, I'll just buy as I go. I fell asleep the first night & knew that the membership wasn't for me Ha! Plus my Kindle Papwerwhite will to support Audible. even though I purchased a headset adapter ...

Comment

• Caught myself falling asleep a few times with this audio book ... last one! But this book;.... I'll wait to hear the input of someone else ... I'm not really liking it much & that shocks me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Style View Post
            I'm interested to hear your thoughts Dan...Obviously, I absolutely love the series!

Orphan X (2016)
            Buy a Bullet (2016) - short
            The Nowhere Man (2017)
            Hellbent (2018)
            The Intern (2018) - short
            Out of the Dark (2019)
            Into The Fire - not out yet
            Read ORPHAN X over the holiday weekend. At first I didn't care for all Evan's tech and gadgets and martial arts stuff. And what's the point of a mag-lev bed?? So opposite of Reacher. How does a guy like this even begin to have a "home base"? Anyway, by the book's end, however, I was willing to overlook that stuff. Pacing and plotting were good, and the action scenes well rendered. I enjoyed Evan's interaction with his neighbors too. Should I skip the short and go straight to THE NOWHERE MAN?

Comment

• I'm reading the latest Dirk Pitt book. BUT ... I just finished Karin Slaughter's The Last Widow. This book *****SPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERT ****. was NOT good. Not enough Will & Sarah in it - and really Faith or Amanda either. Too much BS if I wanted a lecture on White Supremacy .... I'd watch CNN. This book - plz - it drug on & the author REPEATED HERSELF LIKE NEVER BEFORE. If it weren't for the WS stuff & repeating word for word things she had already written this book wouldn't have been half as long. Oh I get back story telling - but whoa. The the very end ALL that info on Will???

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan M. View Post
                Read ORPHAN X over the holiday weekend. At first I didn't care for all Evan's tech and gadgets and martial arts stuff. And what's the point of a mag-lev bed?? So opposite of Reacher. How does a guy like this even begin to have a "home base"? Anyway, by the book's end, however, I was willing to overlook that stuff. Pacing and plotting were good, and the action scenes well rendered. I enjoyed Evan's interaction with his neighbors too. Should I skip the short and go straight to THE NOWHERE MAN?
                Sorry Dan - just getting my first look at this message so not sure what you did. If I recall, the short is very quick. I get your initial reaction (mine as well) but I obviously really took a liking as I read on. I love the 'pass it forward' concept and he'll develop some interesting relationships moving forward.

Comment

• Originally posted by Style View Post
                  Sorry Dan - just getting my first look at this message so not sure what you did. If I recall, the short is very quick. I get your initial reaction (mine as well) but I obviously really took a liking as I read on. I love the 'pass it forward' concept and he'll develop some interesting relationships moving forward.
                  I haven't done anything else yet, so no worries. I'll go to the next full length story!

Comment

• About to finish up this Dirk Pitt book & so I’ve bought 3 more Kindle books. A Dangerous Man - Crais. Pandemic- Robin Cook. Saving Meghan - Palmer.
                    There are 4-5 unfinished on my Kindle I need to get to. THEN a Lee Child, Janet Evanovich, John Sandford coming out. And I need to catch up on 10 more or so. These few years not reading has caught up with me!
                    A sad note: 3 years of constant Trigeminal Neuralgia pain - & the last 3 months I have been pain free - I started reading again last week only to have it flair back up! Something with the way I’m lying when I read or the eye movement.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Finished "Letters from Paris" by Juliet Blackwell while waiting for Dorian to move along. I enjoyed this book immensely
                      Then read "What Alice Forgot" by Liane Moriarty. Good but not the big 'thing' that I was waiting for.
                      Working on "The Husband's Secret" also by Liane Moriarty. Decent but I guessed the 'secret' before I was halfway through. Now it's the last 100 pages or so to wrap up all the stories about how the secret affects 3 different women.

Comment

• Don’t u hate when that happens.

Comment

• Must have jinxed me — I figured out the WHO in the 40% ... yep. Still an ok read tho.
                          Now I’m starting A Dangerous Man.

Comment

• The Dirty Dozen - Lynda La Plante, The new one in the Jane Tennyson series. Good, as all the series earlier ones are
                            What happens in Vegas - Mike Faricy. I liked it. Have read this author before. Main character is a Private Detective who gets into various scrapes. Funny as well.
                            Speak the Dead - Grant Mackenzie. Have read this author before and thought him OK. Not this book though, did not finish. Glad I didn't pay top price for it (was free!)
                            Hey you pretty face - Linda Coles. New author to me. Liked it, I will be looking for more by this lady. I think she is Kindle only, no printed versions
                            Raw Wounds - Matt Hilton. I read this author a few years ago and thought him good. He has moved onto new characters now which I thought not as good. I got two by him from the library but have moved on to something else whilst I decide whether to try the other.

Comment

• Some of my Kindle books I’ve read before.

Comment

• Hey! Mo!
                                Yep ... I do that a lot.
                                OK I just finished A Dangerous Man the Cole & Pike book & it was good - a fast read....started Pandemic last night (Robin Cook) a Stapleton & Montgomery book & yea! it's been awhile for those two!

Comment

Working...
                                X