No announcement yet.

Currently Reading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It seems an absolute age since I posted on this section si quite a few to report on.

Celina Grace - Scimitar. I have previously read a few of these featuring a detective called Kate Redman. Good
    Simon McCleave - The Harlech Beach Killings. New author to me, OK
    Rebecca Bradley - Blood Stained. Another new to me author. Good
    Val McDermid - Christmas is Murder. A short story. Good
    Quintin Jardine - The Cage. Latest in the Bob Skinner series. Very good as usual
    Val McDermid - Past Lying. Very Good
    Peter James - Stop Them Dead. The latest in the Roy Grace series, set in Brighton on England's south coast. One of my favourite series, excellent as always
    Tim Sullivan - Thev Dentist. Good
    Richard Osman - the Last Devil To Die. Richard is a UK TV quiz presenter, This is the latest in the Thursday Murder Club Series. Good and humerous in parts
    Quentin Black - Lessons in Blood. The main character is a bit Reacher - ish. He gets into a skirmish with four bad guys and beats them easily. If there are eight bad guys his girlfriend sorts them out
    Quentin Jardine - Autographs in the Rain. An old Bob Skinner book that I must have missed first time around
    Duane Lindsey - The Grifter's Daughter. A bit differnent but good
    Stuart Field - A Friend of the Famil Not a bad story but two complaints. One is that this book is part one, wasn't aware until I had finished it. Second, I don't recall ever reading a book with so many mistakes in it. Spellings, wrong tense, wrong meanings. Whoever releases Kindle books don't seem to check them as well.

Comment

• Stella Cameron - Folly - OK

Next up was a series of five books by Mike Faricy. I first found this author a few years ago, his character Dev Haskell is a Private Detective. There are a lot in the series and are very good. Then around a couple of years ago he created a new character called Jack Dillon. Jack is a US policeman who is sent to Dublin, Ireland, to arrest a US citizen and return him to USA for trial. Things go wrong and the criminal is killed. I have forgotten the reason why but Jack remains in Dublin and is attached to the local police. This develops into a further four books and then a month ago I was offered five new ones in the series - FREE!
      So I've been reading those for a few weeks and find them excellent. Good murder mysteries with a sprinkling of humour.

I would recommend Mike Faricy to you all, either series are extremely good.

Comment

• WOW! So many books! My that's great! Thx for sharing - I'll need to check back more often - I haven't read in a long time. Last book was a really good one "Into the Yellowstone". - anyone here know of that

Comment

• Originally posted by 4AMNTN View Post
          WOW! So many books! My that's great! Thx for sharing - I'll need to check back more often - I haven't read in a long time. Last book was a really good one "Into the Yellowstone". - anyone here know of that
          That dude needs to write a sequel.
          sigpic The rules are: There ain't no rules.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan M. View Post

That dude needs to write a sequel.
            Been waiting for ages for it too
            I haven't failed, i've merely found 10,000 reasons why it didn't work

Comment

Working...
            X