No announcement yet.

What's your weather like?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We got up at 3 am to see the supermoon... it was a little bigger a lot brighter. It’s big already tonight too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• We get the Santa Ana winds (dry winds off the desert that bring low, low humidity and extreme fire danger) blowing for most of this week. Our immediate area isn't a big fire risk, but all the other things that come along with high wind (power outages, downed trees, stuff flying through the air, etc.) will be happening. Gusts up to 80 are expected in some areas. Wind is already picking up and it's supposed to blow until Thursday. At least it will blow the smog away. That Christmas movie titled The Holiday with Kate Winslet, Jack Black, Cameron Diaz, and Jude Law makes the Santa Anas seem like quirky, magical fun. Uh-uh. Nobody likes them.
      sigpic The rules are: There ain't no rules.

Comment

• Good to know. Today was windy here too. Unable to finish setting out decorations & most of yesterday’s we’re all over the yard. Lost a bow...

Comment

• We have friends in Ventura who lost their beautiful home to the Thomas wildfire last night. It had a view of the Pacific Ocean and the Channel Islands on one side, and coastal hills and arroyos from their huge back patio on the other side. Their back yard patio included a workshop, a swimming pool, gardens -- it was a wonderful outdoor space. They bought this home as a fixer upper some 10 years ago, and have poured themselves into it with all kinds of personal custom touches, then in an hour it was gone. But they say they had time to get the irreplaceables out, they are all safe, they have good insurance, and they are retired with lots of time. I couldn't handle it that well.
          sigpic The rules are: There ain't no rules.

Comment

• Sorry for your friends loss, Dan. Glad they are safe.

Comment

• Yes Dan I saw the news this morning and immediately thought of you sorry to hear about those that you know and hope that you and your family are safe

Comment

• Freezing conditions here, an actual chance of a flurry of snow forecast for Friday
                I haven't failed, i've merely found 10,000 reasons why it didn't work

Comment

• Yeah, His I saw that just now. We were 32 this morning. It's going to get into the 20's at night this weekend. Love this weather.

Comment

• A few flakes of snow, very cool outside.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan M. View Post
                      We have friends in Ventura who lost their beautiful home to the Thomas wildfire last night. It had a view of the Pacific Ocean and the Channel Islands on one side, and coastal hills and arroyos from their huge back patio on the other side. Their back yard patio included a workshop, a swimming pool, gardens -- it was a wonderful outdoor space. They bought this home as a fixer upper some 10 years ago, and have poured themselves into it with all kinds of personal custom touches, then in an hour it was gone. But they say they had time to get the irreplaceables out, they are all safe, they have good insurance, and they are retired with lots of time. I couldn't handle it that well.
                      Sorry to hear about their loss...they are taking it well. Everything but them is replaceable so that's a good attitude they have! Glad your area isn't in a fire risk zone. I do love the movie The Holiday but I don't think I'd be a fan of the winds like they are. But that's the beauty of fiction...something frustrating can made into quirky.

It was about 45F here this morning and right now it's actually pretty nice at 67F...I could be in Idaho where it was 9F this morning & is a tad bit colder now at 7F!

Comment

• Sad that people are losing their homes to that terrible fire. I wonder how they manage the aftermath.

We have snow here, looks good from inside the house!

Comment

• We had snow the other day
                          I haven't failed, i've merely found 10,000 reasons why it didn't work

Comment

• WOW...FL panhandle gets snow every now & then

Comment

• Yea! Gis. It's a sunny 47 now.

Comment

• Snow and very cold, looks nice though with the Christmas lights.

Comment

Working...
                                X