What's your weather like?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 4AMNTN View Post
    Whoa that sounds VERY nice Gis. We're having the hottest days in forever - MOST of the US is hot! I don't see how the guys are playing golf in Atlanta is week - did u see them in Memphis -- wild! What about y'all out there Dan?
    I did not see them in Memphis.

sigpic The rules are: There ain't no rules.

Comment

• Dry here but cold, well cool. Barely 50 and it's still summer

Comment

• I know Meg & Style aren't here - but they both live in Florida - looks rough coming up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• It surprises me as to why a lot of the fairly regulars on here a few years ago have disappeared. Did one of us say something to cause offence?

Comment

• I truly enjoy talking & keeping up with y'all. ALL, everyone that was on here. - .... ... deleted -
            I'm guessing it was the movies? the last several books that weren't as good? FB, other social media????? Anyone else have an idea? Once again I appreciate GIS and all he does!

Comment

• I'll second the big round of applause for Gis.

I agree with your points, Fours. Probably no single big reason, rather several smaller ones.

I agree that the Reacher books aren't quite as good as they were but that's only one a year. When there were many more people on here then lots more books/authors were mentioned and I still read some authors who were recommended on here (or the previous forum) a lot of years ago.

Do the former members discuss books on FaceBook or whatever with other book readers? I have no idea because I don't do FaceBook or any of the other stuff

Comment

• Facebook has absolutely killed forums like ours.
                People just dont care about a structured forum, most folks just want to post something, anything and move on.
                If people would just give forums a chance they would see that being structured to various things actually creates more interest, even with Tapatalk helping folks just want the mass provider of Facebook
                I haven't failed, i've merely found 10,000 reasons why it didn't work

Comment

• I agree, there are probably several factors, but yes, Facebook and Instagram have decimated most forums EXCEPT the ones that help people deal directly with their life issues, like stuff about their car or house. Those forums have lost people, but not nearly as many as forums about authors, books, or places to vacation, etc. That seems backwards to me. On these forums you don't have to sift through a bunch of crap to find the good stuff.

Comment

• It's going to be beautiful for the next few weeks! next Thursday 74-48, YES!!!!!! (maybe they'll start replacing our fence)

Comment

• Been very hot here for the last four days, also over the weekend but will cool down next week

Very hot in this instance is 80-85. Next week down to 65-68

Comment

• That sounds really nice! I love the Fall & hopefully it'll be here soon. -- watching the hurricane season off ACCU Weather -

Comment

• beautiful! yesterday was only 72!!!!!! The FENCE guys are here! Yea! since we placed the order in March - it's about time!!!!

Comment

• Getting going IMG_2208.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by 4AMNTN View Post
                              Getting going IMG_2208.jpg
                              Nice! Love that green grass and those big trees behind your house. Are those oaks?

We're leaving today on a beach camping trip in our old RV and expect the weather to be in the low 70s during the day. Looking forward to that!

Comment

• We've been away this week, weather good, not too warm but bright and sunny small amount of rain today (Friday, our last day.)
                                boat ytri[
                                Had two days in Edinburgh including a trip around the Royal Yacht Brittania, then moved on to a day in Gretna Green. If you don't know that story let me know and I'll tell.

Finished with a boat trip on Lake Windermere

Comment

Working...
                                X