No announcement yet.

What's your weather like?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We are now into frosty nights with road gritters spraying the roads, seems a bit early this year
    I haven't failed, i've merely found 10,000 reasons why it didn't work

Comment

• Cool (for us - day time temps in the low 60s) partly cloudy week until Thursday, when the rain that was supposed to be here early in the week will supposedly arrive,
      sigpic The rules are: There ain't no rules.

Comment

• No frost or road gritting for us yet but cannot be far away. Definitely cooler both day and night

Comment

• road gritters? (looked it up) OH!! yeah, we call them salt trucks here. haaaaa

Comment

• Rainy on & off today & rain over next 4-5 day seriously gonna mess up our decorating plans.

Comment

• Our forecast for the next couple of weeks is dry and bright and misty and foggy with some rain and possibly snow - in other words the forecasters have no idea

Comment

• Originally posted by YB View Post
                Our forecast for the next couple of weeks is dry and bright and misty and foggy with some rain and possibly snow - in other words the forecasters have no idea
                Same here

Comment

• Ha! I hope OUR weather holds out for 2 more days! Gotta get the decorations up -- took on a huge project. I hope it looks as nice outside as it does in my head.

Comment

• cold low 40's wet. BUT WE CARRY ON!

Comment

• dreary -cold kinda like the mood. Hard to be festive /happy & set up Christmas with this being the time of year Dad passed away 2020. Started the 20th of November & his funeral was December 6. Got the need to decorate in my blood - Mom Dad were awesome at it since I can remember until 2019. The best.

Comment

• Originally posted by 4AMNTN View Post
                        dreary -cold kinda like the mood. Hard to be festive /happy & set up Christmas with this being the time of year Dad passed away 2020. Started the 20th of November & his funeral was December 6. Got the need to decorate in my blood - Mom Dad were awesome at it since I can remember until 2019. The best.
                        I feel that. My dad passed in 2010 and in 2019 Mom's dementia caused us to end up selling their home of 62 years. They loved decorating for Christmas. Getting excited about decorating our own house has been a mixed bag hese last couple of years. This year we're trying to get everything out, but we're not there yet.

Comment

• IMG_4808.jpg It's terribly sad. I appreciate you sharing that with me. Your mom? is she healthy otherwise? Still with you? And ur wife ... are y'all GOOD, I should ask more often - I am sorry. Ur puppy?
                          The garage was built after we'd been here 2 years - we moved in 2013 - the house was built in 1968. I remember when I was young - ahhh we'd know we were almost home when we passed "the big house"... everyone in the county KNEW this house. Funny - now its nice but no where near as big as my memory. ... It's the last house before Williamson co. then onto Nashville, Anyway the garage is 1200 sq. ft. water & A/C - heat ready finished out. It's "L" shaped. We have cars & junk & of course 8 years of Christmas decorations + Shark Week (it's a big hit every year). we're on THE MAIN highway --

It's said that TIME heals all wounds - but -- it seems that it's also cruel. (sorry - just really sad today). AND YES I KNOW OFF TOPIC POLICE!
                          Last edited by 4AMNTN; 06-12-2022, 10:52 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by 4AMNTN View Post
                            IMG_4808.jpg we're on THE MAIN highway --
                            "THE MAIN" highway? What's a main highway in your area? You mean I-65? That sounds noisy.

Comment

• Funny … I do go I65 going to Huntsville- but it's a good 30 minutes away. I40 is at one point 1/4 mile away? Around here we have a lot of highways I guess maybe because it's so rural? that the highways will lead you to, and through cities, but also to the interstates which will lead you to the major cities. Nashville, Memphis Knoxville, Chattanooga, Huntsville into Kentucky.
                              Gis actually drove within 10-20 miles of my home when he was trucking and they came up from Florida going west, but through Memphis. I would have driven to meet him had I known his time schedule.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• And boom, just like that, first snow of the year

Comment

Working...
                                X